Sign in to follow this  
Sehales

Other changes (UI, Ships, Sounds & more)

11 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
6,286 posts
2,064 battles

Besides the american cruiser rework, the new campaign and the new collection, Update 0.7.5 is also introducing many other - smaller -  improvments and changes!

Please share your feedback here!

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts

Really don't like that there are camos that change sounds, at least in light of the fact you never made secondaries of different calibres have different sounds on normal ships by default even though the game has already supported that for over a year. Though I don't know if you even did that for these ships, maybe the sound is different but the 6" and 5" guns still sound identical anyway? I'm not gonna buy them to find out; if that's what you really wanna do, have 'sound packs' as a separate thing to camo. How I look affecting how I sound is incongruous.

[Z3NIT]
Players
701 posts

As I wrote in the PT, many, many thanks for the new audio levels!

Now it's much easier to mix voices (the fun one) with sfx sound!!

Thank you!

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

What the hell is wrong with captain volumes? Some messages are so silent they can be barely heard while others at the same time are screaming like mad

Players
127 posts
10,717 battles

Hello hello, I bought the AL Cleveland, and initially I liked a lot that you get another voice line when firing your guns (btw I haven't even played AL but I love her voice, thanks WG for more weeb stuff!). But when I tried it in Atlanta... I think it needs some change, it goes from cool to annoying really fast when you hear the same line every 5 seconds. I'd suggest increasing the "cooldown" it has so it doesn't repeat the line that often, to like 6 seconds? Maybe even let us change it (might be confusing or hard to do so I understand you probably won't like this last idea). Or, even disable the firing guns voice line, although I think they're cool when you don't listen to them every 5 seconds.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
364 posts

I feel Kronshtadt is a pile of crap.. the dispersion is really bad!
You need to rely on teamwork for Kronshtadt to be useful, not snipe in the back...
No matter how much I carry in this bad ship.... I still lose because of really bad players!
Once matchmaker is pairing avg XP players together and not have these bad players on my team.. Kronshtadt might be different.
But Kronshtadt is not a carry ship, it's relies HEAVILY on how your team is performing... and guns are terrible, either hit for low damage or the dispersion is screwing me over!

Players
140 posts
17,032 battles

I like the Spotted Ribbons.

But I'd like to see some achievements encouraging spotting / scouting visible for your team the moment you earn them.

Achievements like:

Spotter : Spot the most ships of your team with a minimum of X-amount of ships .

Scout : Help your team deal damage to a X-amount of ships that you spotted first.

They have something similar in WOT.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,800 posts
21,306 battles

While the small buffs to Indianapolis are a nice gesture, why is the ship still suffering from a fractional reload time? 14,3s could have been dropped to just 14s with no detriment to the New Orleans, especially since NO has still a better reload.

[GOT]
Beta Tester
31 posts
5,602 battles

I want to make a small suggestion to change this screen:
unknown.png?width=400&height=225

and make it look something like this.

unknown.png?width=400&height=225

I know it's only something really minor so take it or leave it :P

Players
7 posts

Hey wargaming team,

some feedback about your indianapolis marathon:

I'm not that much interested in the indi or atlanta otherwise I would have bougth them before. But I like the idea of a timely restricted series of mission to get some cool reward. After all, getting something by achievement is more fun then just buy it or get it or free. You do get that concept in your game. So your indi marathon get my attention. When I looked into it I started wondering what you were even thinking when you came up with it?

I like to explain to you why I think that this indi marathon is a good idea but realized in a very poor way.

Fact 1: You're a company working to make money. In order to do that you need paying customers. These customers need an income to have money to spend on your products. For this they need to go to work.

Fact 2: The average WOWs player is older than 18. At least I heard so. This means these people have a family (wife, children and so on)

Fact 3: There are a few other responsibilities in the life of an adult that are not directly linked to Fact 1 and 2 but need to be tend to anyway.

Fact 4: Because of Fact 1,2 and 3 it is impossible for most players to play your game every day for a 14 days period. Even if they like it and want to, they just can't.

I do understand that you will never give away premium ships in missions everyone can complete. This will hurt your business model. So you don't want to make it to easy to achieve the missions needed. But how about doing this in a way that will give the average player at least a chance to fullfill the overall combat mission if he commits to it instead of shutting everyone out of it, if he or she has a life outside of world of warships?

Summary:

Concept of getting people the chance of fullfilling a timely limited mission for a cool reward, that will not be completed by everyone -> good idea

Forcing your player to play every day for 14 days straight to achive it -> very bad idea

How about a solution where the players have one week to fullfill a small number of missions before moving to the next week with following mission. But giving people the oppurtiunity to choose three or four days the actuallay can play without ruining their mariage, losing their job or neglecting their children?

My personal impression on the way you did this indi marathon is: You just don't care if I can participate in it or not.

[ALYEN]
Players
1,926 posts
3,942 battles

Gun sound on the Shiratsuyu is VERY LOUD !!! It almost tore my head off when I fired the Shira guns today first time after patch. Previous games in other DDs were fine (Udaloi, Mass, Farragut). The remaining sounds were same as in other games, just the guns on the Shira (other ships guns around me were fine) were skull cracking ...