Sign in to follow this  
Sehales

New American Campaign

26 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
6,227 posts
2,049 battles

A new campaign is also part of update 0.7.5!

Please share your feedback here!

Players
3,962 posts
5,268 battles

2 containers opened so far (Signals and TYL) and 0 items from it. I would like to know if I do it proper, and how low chance for get those items from daily containers is?

I have a feeling I miss something.

EDIT: Sorry just realize I post it in the wrong thread...

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,334 posts
3,838 battles
18 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

2 containers opened so far (Signals and TYL) and 0 items from it. I would like to know if I do it proper, and how low chance for get those items from daily containers is?

I have a feeling I miss something.

EDIT: Sorry just realize I post it in the wrong thread...

You need to make sure you have opened the collection and switched it to "Collect". This collection is mutually exclusive with the Yamamoto and HSF collection.

Please also bear in mind that not every container will drop a collection item.

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,522 battles

Considering that this should be the equivalent of the yamamoto campaign I can’t understand why its so much harder. There’s ship restrictions, class restrictions etc... none of that was present in the Yamamoto campaign, could you at least not be consistent in your campaigns?

Players
3,962 posts
5,268 battles
3 hours ago, MrConway said:

You need to make sure you have opened the collection and switched it to "Collect". This collection is mutually exclusive with the Yamamoto and HSF collection.

Please also bear in mind that not every container will drop a collection item.

Yes. After I bought 6 Freedom containers in Shop I got opened Collection and I had to enable it otherwise (if I forget to check) I wouldn't get any items.

Btw, any info on game crashes from last patch? Fixed?

Players
357 posts
13,788 battles

So WG what exactly is the reasoning behind making the "Stars 'n Stripes" containers nearly impossible for must to get? Like being top 1 XP earner at tier 9-10 is hard enough in USN cruisers, and to do it 6 times and then you get 15 containers, feels so odd, as on PTS i had like 300 containers to open and nearly everything dropped containers, so why make Stars 'n stripe so hard to get, and USN cruiser is not a carry ships at all, you guys need to have a rethink about the requirements as they are crazy... Feels like the WG team in Russia was drinking on the job when they greenlighted this crap. 

So i guess most people will just redo the 1 star missions... so fun.. is this what you wanted from your campagn?? As it feels like it is just out of whack and to hard to do in the given ship classes. 

And why the hell is Cruisers and CV's competing for the same missions and CV's always have the advantage?

You guys need to re-balance it.

And add to that William Halsey offers nothing new, it is just a copy of John Doe with added fireworks and redtracers... i mean American colors are BLUE so the tracers should be blue. 

WG you failed hard on the this campagn.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
45 minutes ago, Beardroid91 said:

So WG what exactly is the reasoning behind making the "Stars 'n Stripes" containers nearly impossible for must to get? Like being top 1 XP earner at tier 9-10 is hard enough in USN cruisers, and to do it 6 times and then you get 15 containers, feels so odd, as on PTS i had like 300 containers to open and nearly everything dropped containers, so why make Stars 'n stripe so hard to get, and USN cruiser is not a carry ships at all, you guys need to have a rethink about the requirements as they are crazy... Feels like the WG team in Russia was drinking on the job when they greenlighted this crap. 

So i guess most people will just redo the 1 star missions... so fun.. is this what you wanted from your campagn?? As it feels like it is just out of whack and to hard to do in the given ship classes. 

And why the hell is Cruisers and CV's competing for the same missions and CV's always have the advantage?

And add to that William Halsey offers nothing new, it is just a copy of John Doe with added fireworks and redtracers... i mean American colors are BLUE so the tracers should be blue. 

Indianapolis marathon = 26 containers

Indianapolis missions (if you already own it) = 18 more

Hard to get? Really?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,334 posts
3,838 battles
On 6/1/2018 at 4:23 PM, Hades_warrior said:

Yes. After I bought 6 Freedom containers in Shop I got opened Collection and I had to enable it otherwise (if I forget to check) I wouldn't get any items.

Btw, any info on game crashes from last patch? Fixed?

That's a hard one to answer, we always try and get crashes fixed, but as they happen under very different circumstances for diverse reasons I can't give you a blanket answer :)

On 6/1/2018 at 11:38 PM, Beardroid91 said:

This is supposed to be a challenging permanent campaign, not something you just go through in a few days. You have the option to grind it out or go for the juicy missions, either way works.

The reason we have CV's included is that they fit with the Halsey-theme, and if it is so easy to do in CV's, go do it in CV's! ;)

• Cool 1

Players
3,962 posts
5,268 battles
2 hours ago, MrConway said:

That's a hard one to answer, we always try and get crashes fixed, but as they happen under very different circumstances for diverse reasons I can't give you a blanket answer :)

This is supposed to be a challenging permanent campaign, not something you just go through in a few days. You have the option to grind it out or go for the juicy missions, either way works.

The reason we have CV's included is that they fit with the Halsey-theme, and if it is so easy to do in CV's, go do it in CV's! ;)

You should be aware for how much players this crashing issue was/is annoying. Its not pleasant to restart your own PC just because of game.

Last few days I didn't have any crashes, but my clan mate did have.

And about campaign difficulty, it shouldnt be easy but also not to hard either. Look at the Yamamoto campaign and comapre those two. There is a lot difference, and yet Yamamoto feels better rewarding even if its easier.

Players
2 posts
5,248 battles

It would really be nice if you guys stated a new campaign that didn't require cruisers. The last 2 have had that requirement. Can't finish them without a CA. I don't like playing CA's.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,586 posts
Vor 4 Minuten, CGC716 sagte:

Can't finish them without a CA.

of course you can finish them without CA...

Players
3 posts
26,662 battles

It's always nice to have a challenging campain. Yet for the second task all missions are required, even the "juicy" one. Is very hard and frustrating to achieve this one unless you get really lucky, since three requirements are made: 1. win / 2. be the best player / 3. 12x flooding or fire combined. No other campain has this setup of having to achieve all missions. Of course the mission is makeable for good players, but what if you're having a hard time playing CV's and DD's? Especially in higher tiers you have to be really good with CV's to reach the top spot and with all the radars joining the game lately DD's aren't much fun too...

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,586 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, sir_swagsalot sagte:

No other campain has this setup of having to achieve all missions.

until now no campaign requires to achieve all missions to get to the final reward(s), and it is not different for this one...

Players
357 posts
13,788 battles

Okay i'm at stage 3, doing the (be top 3 XP earner, win and get a Heroic achievement) I had a Chapa game and got a Double Strike and finished 3rd on my team and we won, yes i didn't get my 2 star reward for doing it. 

I would think Double Strike would count as a heroic achievement but nope, is this an error? 

20180605193224_1.thumb.jpg.0cccefe224391a8f2a895aa20651ee71.jpg

[CATS]
Players
28,060 posts
14,868 battles

Not all achievements are heroic.

Heroic Achievements:

Icon_achievement_SUPPORT.png
Confederate

Damage at least 6 enemy ships. Damage caused to each ship must exceed 20% of her normal HP. Can be obtained once per battle.
Icon_achievement_DREADNOUGHT.png
Dreadnought

Receive damage exceeding 120% of your ship's normal HP from 4 or more enemy ships and survive the battle. Can be obtained once per battle.
Icon_achievement_MAIN_CALIBER.png
High Caliber

Damage at least 4 enemy ships. Damage caused must exceed 30% of the total HP of all the ships in the enemy team. Can be obtained once per battle.
icon_achievement_WARRIOR.png
Kraken Unleashed

In a single battle, destroy five or more enemy ships. Can be obtained once per battle.
Icon_achievement_ONE_SOLDIER_IN_THE_FIELD.png
Solo Warrior

Stand alone against at least 4 enemy ships and win the battle. Can be obtained once per battle.
Icon_achievement_WITHERING.png

Witherer

Cause at least 60,000 HP of fire and flooding damage to enemy ships. Can be obtained once per battle.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Achievements

• Cool 1

Players
3 posts
26,662 battles
2 hours ago, Klopirat said:

until now no campaign requires to achieve all missions to get to the final reward(s), and it is not different for this one...

for the final reward yes, but in this case you need ten stars to unlock the last mission of the second task. You only reach nine stars without the three stars one, so you need every mission done to unlock the last one, otherwise you cannot complete task 2 and carry on with task 3. I am not talking about the very last mission but rather finishing a Task (2) and unlocking the next one (3). And that's unusual for a campaign. So if you are an average player and hate playing CV's you will have a hard time achieving this mission with DDs. And then of course there is the limitation to american Tier IX-X DDs and CVs (I know it's an american campaign, but still :D).

image.thumb.png.79ada41ae0c213fc0075ac0d68644228.png

[-SM-]
Players
3 posts
16,765 battles

Stage 3 Task 8

Spoiler

shot-18_06_06_09_52.30-0729.thumb.jpg.498b0966903fc555f5d97aa668b457c8.jpg

Fireproof doesn't reward progress for this Task

Spoiler

shot-18_06_06_09_52.04-0761.thumb.jpg.d839a499d28f11b809d82d620f3ec8da.jpg

Don't know if unsinkable rewards progress, didn't earn one so far

At the moment only Dreadnaught does

• Bad 1

Players
0 posts
On 6.6.2018 at 9:56 AM, ConstraUD said:

Stage 3 Task 8

Reveal hidden contents

shot-18_06_06_09_52.30-0729.thumb.jpg.498b0966903fc555f5d97aa668b457c8.jpg

Fireproof doesn't reward progress for this Task

Reveal hidden contents

shot-18_06_06_09_52.04-0761.thumb.jpg.d839a499d28f11b809d82d620f3ec8da.jpg

Don't know if unsinkable rewards progress, didn't earn one so far

At the moment only Dreadnaught does

same here dont count at all ... fix it WG

[G-R-N]
Players
92 posts
33,122 battles

I have posted elsewhere as well: Mission 3, Task 8 ONLY credits Dreadnought. It is broken for Fireproof and Unsinkable. This has been reported a long time ago and no one is attending to it, let alone fixed it. 

[ASEET]
[ASEET]
Alpha Tester
289 posts
18,370 battles

Please WG, reconsider mission objectives and restrictions. Do not combine difficult "gates" to difficult objectives.

Prime example: Mission 3 Task 9:

- Tier IX-X, so little more restricted than normal.

- Battleship or cruiser,  ok half the classes, but still restricts what you can play.

- US only. This is pretty hard restriction.

-> When you combine these all there is only few ships you can use. If mission objective was something not too hard this would not be so bad, but objective here is awful.

Objective: High caliber or Confederate, so things that are not too easy to get and can be impossible to achieve depending on how battle progress.

Not to mention when you miss Confederate because 24 BB shells gets only 1 overpen on DD at 7km even when aim point is correct. Or shooting 12 shell salvo to open  BB side and getting only 4 hits, two of which bounce and two "penetrations" without damage. So things can go awry just because bad RNG. 

And of course it is not just getting Confederate or High caliber, but getting 6 of them. 

Combining hard restrictions to difficult objective that you need to do several times should never be done. It means that ether people need to play a lot of battles on very restricted choice of ships (this is not fun and/or make people play stupidly because they only try to get achievements) or they keep on playing normally, but then such mission is blocking their task choices (unless you want to cancel such mission when you have 3-4 / 6 done).

Difficult objectives on single battle can at least be canceled while doing some other task meanwhile, so they are not so stressful and not leading to such a task oriented stupid play.

Even Mission 3 Task 3 is little bad. Getting 50 citadel hits with T8+ US ships, because it forces to play only US ships for quite a long time or keeping the task unusable while playing something else. Instead making 50 (or even 100) citadel hits with 8+ tiers ships with no nation restriction would be much better. Difference is that current mission restricts what can be played while not having a national restriction would allow to just play and get task done at some point.

TLDR: Think about balance between what ships can be used, what are task objectives and how many times it needs to be repeated. When usable ships are highly restricted then task objective should not be too difficult and at least it should not be in format "do 6 times".