Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Paulus001

What do you get as your 5th skill

18 comments in this topic

[-IF-]
Players
19 posts
9,145 battles

What do people tend to get as 5th skill? grind for a second 4th tier skill or get something else like a 1, 2 or 3 tier skill more quickly?

[JRM]
Players
7,036 posts

Depends on the ship Type, national and the purpose of the comander (random or ranked/cw) in general for me its usualy 4 pointer - CE for BBs and CLs, FP for high tier CAs, for CVs dogfigting expert and for DDs usually either SE or AFT depending on what kind of dd it is

[XTR3M]
Players
134 posts
9,921 battles

In principle, expensive first while you need less to grind for it, than do the details.

Just do some kind of plan for 19 pts how it should look like, than make decision on when to use points.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
891 posts
8,490 battles
20 minutes ago, Paulus001 said:

What do people tend to get as 5th skill? grind for a second 4th tier skill or get something else like a 1, 2 or 3 tier skill more quickly?

Because 4pointers take a lot of xp to amass if you go from 15 to 19 point cpt, I tend to get a 4pointer early.

But it depends ,on some 19 point cpts I only have one 4pointer skill.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,111 posts
20,776 battles
21 minutes ago, Paulus001 said:

Completely depends on the ship and ship class.

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
1 minute ago, biker_618 said:

In principle, expensive first while you need less to grind for it, than do the details.

Just do some kind of plan for 19 pts how it should look like, than make decision on when to use points.

Fair points, http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc is quite useful for planning the Captain skills.

As to the order you take them in, it's down to how you play, which ships and what your priorities are. There's no straightforward answer to what the OP asked.

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,975 posts
28,566 battles

My choice for 5th skill

CLs (with exception of RN CLs) - IFHE

RN CLs - SSE

Classic DD - AR

For all others it depends on particular ship.

• Cool 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

Depends not only on ship, but also on build you aim for. Typically, it'd be a second 4th pt skill, if one is included in the build, because it's easier to leave points unspent between 10 and 14 points than between, say, 12 and 16 points or 15 and 19 points. Also, some ships really need their second fourth pointer to make the build work (Akizuki guns and secondary specs for example), in which case it's a no brainer.

So, personally, for example:

Bismarck: Secondary spec, so after AFT, Manual Secondaries as 5th skill. AFT is worth more, so it went first. Here it is absolutely necessary to get to 14 pts to make secondaries worth a damn beyond just intimidation.

Amagi: Fire Prevention, after 4th was CE. Just because it is so expensive.

Kongo: AR, after 4th was FP. Yes, no CE. This ship is seen from across the map and even with CE, it still is too visible for low tier maps to be that important to me. I'll get it at 16 pts, but FP and AR seemed more important. At 19 pt, this build would be same as Amagi though, as a typical tank build.

Harekaze: Needs IFHE bad, so that went as 4th, 5th is CE for obvious reasons. Could be done the other way round, but I decided 6km detection range is still good enough.

Kagero: SE. First three pointer was TAE. The only 4 pointer worth taking on that ship is RPF and apart from not being entirely sold on the skill for randoms, SE and AR would take priority.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,786 posts
12,246 battles
42 minutes ago, Paulus001 said:

This is too general of a question. The answer is "it depends". Some ships really need another 4-pointer. Some really need something from lower skill tiers. And some don't have obvious "must-have-asap" picks, letting you complete the build at your leisure in whatever order.

• Cool 1

[-IF-]
Players
19 posts
9,145 battles

I see the value in spending points 11,12,13 & 14 on a second 4th tier skill as they are "cheaper" to acquire, but if you don't need that particular 4th tier skill for your build / playstyle etc I also see the value going for another tier skill

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts

Normally a second 2-pointer since I like a lot of those, but on destroyers it has to be the next 3-pointer to go alongside SE. I'd use doubloons from missions and supercontainers to reset later if I wanted another 4-pointer, but I've never reached 18 or 19pts on any captain and generally have no expectation of exceeding 14-16, so prioritising a bunch of small skills over a single big one gets me more general gameplay comfort, especially since I mostly play tiers 3-7 where it's not that important.

• Cool 1

[-IF-]
Players
19 posts
9,145 battles
13 minutes ago, StringWitch said:

Normally a second 2-pointer since I like a lot of those, but on destroyers it has to be the next 3-pointer to go alongside SE. I'd use doubloons from missions and supercontainers to reset later if I wanted another 4-pointer, but I've never reached 18 or 19pts on any captain and generally have no expectation of exceeding 14-16, so prioritising a bunch of small skills over a single big one gets me more general gameplay comfort, especially since I mostly play tiers 3-7 where it's not that important.

Great advice thanks, I'm not going to play above tier 7 so this is what I needed to hear!

[BONI]
Players
1,257 posts
12,064 battles

It depends, but on cruisers after getting CE, I pick up PM for 1 point. PT is the first skill I get. On DDs, I pick up Radio Location asap at 14 skill points.

• Cool 1

[CU]
Players
331 posts
3,572 battles
On 29/05/2018 at 4:43 PM, StringWitch said:

Normally a second 2-pointer since I like a lot of those, but on destroyers it has to be the next 3-pointer to go alongside SE. I'd use doubloons from missions and supercontainers to reset later if I wanted another 4-pointer, but I've never reached 18 or 19pts on any captain and generally have no expectation of exceeding 14-16, so prioritising a bunch of small skills over a single big one gets me more general gameplay comfort,

Pretty much this ^^ I might be heading for another 4 pointer but I'll happily take the 2 point and respec when I get another 2 points.

Sign in to follow this