You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Poseidon_Wrath

is there any official option to run the game at 144fps

14 comments in this topic

[BLITZ]
Players
2,842 posts
11,421 battles
28 minutes ago, Poseidon_Wrath said:

is there any official option to run the game at 144 fps because i have an i7-8700k,ssd,16gb ram,gtx 1070

Uhm... why do you need that?

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,351 posts
26,197 battles

Official modpack. But its not FPS game so u gain pretty much 0.

[MERCS]
Players
77 posts
7,507 battles

Found it already. Probably with your system you can set it even higher, but no use when the monitor doesn't support it.

[ROT8]
Players
2,732 posts
3 hours ago, Poseidon_Wrath said:

is there any official option to run the game at 144 fps because i have an i7-8700k,ssd,16gb ram,gtx 1070

You can remove the fps lock.

In your WoWs\res folder open the "engine_config.xml" with the editor of your choice and look for "<maxFrameRate>75</maxFrameRate>", change it to whatever you like.

I have reset mine a couple of weeks ago to 144fps  with no probs.

• Cool 2

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts

Bear in mind the game engine might run at 75 and if that is the case then AFAIK the framerate should ideally be locked to exactly that for best responsiveness.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,842 posts
11,421 battles

Yeah, it's literally unplayable below 120 FPS. :Smile_smile:

I'm also using a tripple shielded TOSLINK cable with gold connectors for audio.

• Funny 2

Players
1,263 posts
19,738 battles

Basically doing the manual tweak bushwacker001 mentioned. I consider neither my computer components nor my peripherals worth enough for trying it, I would probably gain very little out of them in-game (going maxxed and having customised engine_config.xml and preferences.xml for recording replays could be a thing, though).

Off-topical anecdote: these kind of threads remind me when a group of true geeks I met benchmarked a then top-notch P4 (those were the times) in a net café by running Quake 3 with top graphics and increasing the FPS in console little by little. They made it work smoothly up to 300, stuttering beginning at 400, unplayable at around 500 and complete crash at 600. Luckily one of the madmen was the very owner of the café, because that machine equalled what nowadays would have been a ~4000€ gaming desktop.

Salute.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,944 posts
19,607 battles
10 hours ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

because that machine equalled what nowadays would have been a ~4000€ gaming desktop.

And here I am .. playing at my cheap laptop :cap_book:

[ROT8]
Players
2,732 posts
10 hours ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

Basically doing the manual tweak bushwacker001 mentioned. I consider neither my computer components nor my peripherals worth enough for trying it, I would probably gain very little out of them in-game (going maxxed and having customised engine_config.xml and preferences.xml for recording replays could be a thing, though).

Off-topical anecdote: these kind of threads remind me when a group of true geeks I met benchmarked a then top-notch P4 (those were the times) in a net café by running Quake 3 with top graphics and increasing the FPS in console little by little. They made it work smoothly up to 300, stuttering beginning at 400, unplayable at around 500 and complete crash at 600. Luckily one of the madmen was the very owner of the café, because that machine equalled what nowadays would have been a ~4000€ gaming desktop.

Salute.

I used to have +100  fps in WOT a few years ago  and always wondered why I never got above 75 in WOWS until a thread went up a few ago showing how to change it. i had no idea it was restricted and as I have a decent 144hz monitor and a good PC set up I saw no harm in changing it. Since changing it I have had no probs and think the appearance is a bit sharper (I would say that)  :Smile_smile:

Players
1,263 posts
19,738 battles
12 hours ago, lup3s said:

And here I am .. playing at my cheap laptop :cap_book:

Some people invested a lot in net cafés in Spain during the late 90's/early 2000's, when ADSL was still prohibitively expensive for a home user (there was the mocking and enraging comparison with prices in France, where you could get double the bandwidth by half the cost from the same ISP). Having just 20 machines, all of them occupied during peak hours, was commonplace, while bigger cafés with a hundred or more (say, 40 low-end ones for chats and websearching, 30 multipurpose and 30 high-end) flourished in big cities, specially in the vicinity of universities.

For the sake of comparison, I built a desktop similar to the one I described in my previous post when the components were already below half the original price, but it was still a monster for the standards back then. Moore's Law and all that.

Salute.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
5,255 posts
21,489 battles

Isn't there also the easy option to run the game on two 70 fps monitors at the same time, using one of those red/green glasses like for 3d to get close to 144 fps?