You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
naka

AP bombers OP?

55 comments in this topic

Players
25 posts
9,779 battles

2 days in a row that my Des Moines gets one shot by Midway's AP bombers. One salvo is enough to get over 50K damage. With 2 squads of bombers, even if 1 is destroyed by AA, enough bombers would survive to knock you out. CAs are easy target vs. DDs....This completely ruins the game, to me it is completely OP.

Do you encounter the same issue? Is there any tactics that can be used to limit damages? (Apart from Lemming train or asking WG to review the game mechanism...)

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,351 posts
26,197 battles

From your lemming remark it looks you went yolo, so those bombers work as intended.

• Bad 1

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles
6 minutes ago, naka said:

2 days in a row that my Des Moines gets one shot by Midway's AP bombers. One salvo is enough to get over 50K damage. With 2 squads of bombers, even if 1 is destroyed by AA, enough bombers would survive to knock you out. CAs are easy target vs. DDs....This completely ruins the game, to me it is completely OP.

Do you encounter the same issue? Is there any tactics that can be used to limit damages? (Apart from Lemming train or asking WG to review the game mechanism...)

if you got oneshoted in DM you dooooing something very very very veeery wrong

Players
579 posts
5,038 battles

Midway AP working on:

T8 BBs (exp. NC)

Friedrich (only t9)

no T10 BB

T9 CAs

T10 CAs

Guess most would be totaly fine with: "Hits all BBs hard, doesnt oneshot any CA"

But WG made the "anti BB weapon" totaly worthless against hightier BBs.

• Cool 2

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,132 posts
11,146 battles
10 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

if you got oneshoted in DM you dooooing something very very very veeery wrong

Not really though.

If the CV catches you with DFAA on cooldown, there are a few planes going through. And when that happens, it's insta citadels.

DFAA on cooldown but too many AA mounts destroyed? All it takes is 4 bombs out of 14 to hit, and it's GG.
I've had it happen to my DM, and I've done it to DMs and HIVs using a Lexington.

Welcome to the anti BB AP bombs, which work reliably better on CAs than BBs.

:cap_book:

• Cool 3

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles
2 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Not really though.

If the CV catches you with DFAA on cooldown, there are a few planes going through. And when that happens, it's insta citadels.

DFAA on cooldown but too many AA mounts destroyed? All it takes is 4 bombs out of 14 to hit, and it's GG.
I've had it happen to my DM, and I've done it to DMs and HIVs using a Lexington.

:cap_book:

on what would you in DM use your def AAA if not on bombers?....if you press magic button on TB you did not play well and you deserve do be blasted to heaven....everybody knows in Midway if you are in cruisers his AP bombs are real treath...they are t 10, they will citadel you.....on other hand his TB are slow, t8, and your aaa will decimated them before drop

Players
25 posts
9,779 battles

Thanks for your replies but I don't need you did well or a you did wrong, that's useless comment. I need you to tell me what to do to avoid it, Mr I-know-everything

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,132 posts
11,146 battles
1 minute ago, 15JG52Adler said:

on what would you in DM use your def AAA if not on bombers?....if you press magic button on TB you did not play well and you deserve do be blasted to heaven....everybody knows in Midway if you are in cruisers his AP bombs are real treath...they are t 10, they will citadel you.....on other hand his TB are slow, t8, and your aaa will decimated them before drop

Because there's clearly no such thing as pulling your planes away, or losing AA mounts, or using DFAA to protect a friendly from being struck 
Clearly.

Again, I've done it to DMs with DFAA active using a Lexington.
All it takes is 4 bombs out of 14.

It doesn't take a genius or a raging hatred of CVs to see that an anti BB weapon that works best against against cruisers is fundamentally stupid.

• Cool 4

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles
Just now, Exocet6951 said:

Because there's clearly no such thing as pulling your planes away, or losing AA mounts, or using DFAA to protect a friendly from being struck 
Clearly.

Again, I've done it to DMs with DFAA active using a Lexington.
All it takes is 4 bombs out of 14.

It doesn't take a genius or a raging hatred of CVs to see that an anti BB weapon that works best against against cruisers is fundamentally stupid.

i would really like to test your theory with my DM in training room, i can guaranty you you will not one shot me, or eaven hurt me much

i stated if DM did not do someting very very wrong (aka not speced at all in aaa, or used deff AAA on spoter plane, or going solo yolo and go to toilet)

in real battle scenario DM has THE BEST aaa and no [edited]way you get oneshoted if you play right

Players
25 posts
9,779 battles
9 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

in real battle scenario DM has THE BEST aaa and no [edited]way you get oneshoted if you play right

useless assertive statements as this does not me anything to me... What is play right? What are mistakes to avoid? Be more precise and tell facts

Players
4,550 posts
7,604 battles
30 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Like deep water torpedoes, extra dangerous to cruisers.

• Cool 1

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles
5 minutes ago, naka said:

useless assertive statements as this does not me anything to me... What is play right? What are mistakes to avoid? Be more precise and tell facts

spec AAA

equip def AAA

dont go solo

use WASD 

dont use def AAA on torpedo bombers

and you will not get oneshoted...DM has best AAA of all ships 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
2,991 posts
17,341 battles
8 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

spec AAA

equip def AAA

dont go solo

use WASD 

dont use def AAA on torpedo bombers

and you will not get oneshoted...DM has best AAA of all ships 

Cause baiting def AA is not possible... I agree it's probably easier to oneshot a moskva but a good CV will do the same to a DM

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,132 posts
11,146 battles
21 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

In real battle scenario, you use DFAA and you lose AA mounts. You're going to be maneuvering to avoid BB and are going to be near islands, impeding movement.
Not everything is ever going to be a perfect training battle scenario where you just sit in the open knowing where the planes are coming from, and just have to worry about pressing a button to win.

So yes, I heavily maintain what I said based on personnal observations. 
AP bombs are absolutely ridiculous in their current state. I've been saying it since they were first tested.

9 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Like deep water torpedoes, extra dangerous to cruisers.

Yup, that's exactly it.
Poorly planned.

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles
On 5/29/2018 at 3:58 PM, 159Hunter said:

Cause baiting def AA is not possible... I agree it's probably easier to oneshot a moskva but a good CV will do the same to a DM

not against good player, and pls lets go to training room and oneshot me

On 5/29/2018 at 4:01 PM, Exocet6951 said:

AP bombs are absolutely ridiculous in their current state. I've been saying it since they were first tested.

yes, they are broken....because they counter CAs instead BBs....but still....any other cruiser i get it....but in DM it is your foult if you got APed

This post has been edited by the moderation team.

Players
25 posts
9,779 battles
4 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

but in DM it is your foult if you got APed

I have understood that I am a pure crap Adler, I only have a 56% WR with my Des Moines. Sorry to have bothered your Majesty and thanks for the advices

. Sorry, I have to leave you, my Pokemon game is about to start.

[KTS]
Alpha Tester
1,004 posts
11,766 battles

op? not

but is a very, very broken game design, the fact that they hit super hard their counter is idiotic

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles
2 minutes ago, naka said:

I have understood that I am a pure crap Adler, I only have a 56% WR with my Des Moines. Sorry to have bothered your Majesty and thanks for the advices

. Sorry, I have to leave you, my Pokemon game is about to start.

Glad to help...and you will get to 56 eventualy :)

[77MM]
Players
412 posts
14,590 battles

Not everybody is unicum player, some people use DFAA to help other ships - so to imply that someone is a bad player for not having DFAA available in a Des when bombers are overhead is arrogance.

Players
25 posts
9,779 battles
19 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

Glad to help...and you will get to 56 eventualy :)

Cheers pal ;-)

I am there already but think that 60% and over is far from being impossible with that ship, I enjoy DM a lot, that's why I was really pissed off when I posted that topic.

Now I still think that AP bombs are OP for CAs and WG should do sth about it...

Have a great day

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
891 posts
8,490 battles
1 hour ago, naka said:

Thanks for your replies but I don't need you did well or a you did wrong, that's useless comment. I need you to tell me what to do to avoid it, Mr I-know-everything

Spec your DM with AA guns modification 2 and AA guns modification 3.

Spec your DM captain with BFT, AFT and Manual AA. (click on the squadron you consider more dangerous)

Have premium Def AA consumable and use it wisely.

Have at least 1 more friendly cruiser/AA Battleship 3-4 kms near you.

If you are still getting blapped by Midways after doing these, delete game.

Kappa

• Funny 1

Players
25 posts
9,779 battles

56.09%. Wear glasses. Good glasses because my stats are hidden.

Finally you are not my pal, rather a complacent [...]. Bashing others and telling tem they are crap is a way to look greater, you should be a very small little angry man

11 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

no you are not :)