Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrFingers

Any solutions/ideas for what to do with excess port-slots?

12 comments in this topic

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Back during the Deep Dark Days of EU-missions pre November 2017, where rewards were meagre and requirements were ridiculous, it was very hard to earn premium goodies, like port-slots. So quite a lot of people had to resort to buying slots (at a discount) in order to be able to expand their ports and house their fleet of ships. Other regions had better chances at earning free portslots during those days. Now that events are harmonised, portslots are now quite easily and regularly earnable... with the issue being that in my case I'm now sitting with an abundance of unused port-slots. At this moment, I've got 21 at my disposal, and hardly anything to put them in. Sure, I can fill them with premium ships, but the ones in the premium shop already come with their own slot, and in the techtree there aren't much slot-less premiums left... 

So... Would Wargaming allow for an event where we can exchange some excess portslots for other stuff, like doubloons, or the new oil/coal/steel currency, or...?

[WCWVE]
Players
1,050 posts
16,807 battles

Have you considered that there will be additional ships to be researched and bought over the coming year - rumours says US cruiser split, RN DD's and Italian cruisers or DD's (not sure which) just completing these will probably use up all your current port slots p[lus any additional; slots that you might get in containers 

NB I currently have 23 unused port slots but still have quite a few ships to research and buy (currently saving credits for the T10 French BB, then credits to save for Hipper - both fully researched but waiting on credits)

[BLITZ]
Players
2,842 posts
11,408 battles

Coal for port-/commander-slots would be nice. But I guess they don't want to give you the possibility to doubloons -> (port-slot ->) coal.

I know it'll probably be possible to get coal by buying containers, but you're not getting that much oil for it right now.

Just now, pzkpfwv1d said:

rumours says US cruiser split

More than rumours... ;)

[WCWVE]
Players
1,050 posts
16,807 battles
48 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

Coal for port-/commander-slots would be nice. But I guess they don't want to give you the possibility to doubloons -> (port-slot ->) coal.

I know it'll probably be possible to get coal by buying containers, but you're not getting that much oil for it right now.

More than rumours... ;)

Until it actually happens it is just a rumour, WG have announced things in the past and they have not happened or have been delayed considerably 

• Bad 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,930 battles
3 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

Until it actually happens it is just a rumour, WG have announced things in the past and they have not happened or have been delayed considerably 

We will wait for you to point us to the time where WG said a line split was happening...and then it did not happen...

We will not hold our breath, but yes, we will wait.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,842 posts
11,408 battles
5 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

Example please.

[NWP]
Players
2,991 posts
17,341 battles
22 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

Yes, that's why they have communicated at length about this. To shelve them weeks before launch.

Stop making a fool of yourself.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,870 posts
9,434 battles

I don't know. Out of everything, port slots really never become useless because we'll continue to get more ships.

Right now I would love to have more use for credits honestly, since I'm stockpiling way more than I need by just playing the game.

Players
2,831 posts
20,045 battles

wait for new lines?

i doubt  putting in the "life time expediture" to solve this "problem" is worth it.

Players
3,431 posts
17,170 battles

I have sympathy for the OP.

If you are a collector, or even a semi-collector, then you obviously will have many ships in your port.

But if you have lots more ships than you have time to play, plus they are not particularly favourites, then why not just sell them when you need a slot?

I still have loads of low-tier stuff that I'll never play again for example.

Sign in to follow this