Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AlwaysBadLuckWithTeams

12 easy-to-implement fixes players actually want (unlike division window)

49 comments in this topic

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

The flooding flag is meant to stack with BoS and Dmg Con 2... With them all you can actually tank floods. Or at least massively reduce the damage.

R1 in a BB this season baby :cap_like:

• Cool 3

[TOXIC]
Players
4,786 posts
12,246 battles
7 minutes ago, Caljostro said:

Juliet Yankee Bissotwo (-20% flood duration). Aka the most useless signal in the game. Flooding ticks for 2 minutes, or 96 seconds with that signal. Damage Control Party 2 has an 80 second cooldown. So even with the worst timing possible, JYB will never shorten the duration. My proposal: change it to "-20% damage from flooding". Yes, it can help if you are using DCP1. But still.

-20% would be too much, but the general idea of changing from reduced duration to reduced damage per tick is certainly a much better idea.

8 minutes ago, Caljostro said:

Unified key binding for comsumables. One consumables, same key on every ship using it. Short and simple.

This is impossible. There are so many different consumable set-ups that unified bindings would be terribly unwieldy, stretching through the whole keyboard - because you can't assign the same key to two consumables that have a possibility of appearing together.

What could help a bit with consumables is the ability to customize key bindings for consumables on ship-by-ship basis.

13 minutes ago, Caljostro said:

Recall your scout/spotter plane. SHIFT + KEY. And while we are at it: can you change zooming in with an active spotter plane ? The view always jumps way off where you were actually looking at.

In fact, it would be interesting to see a "turn off" option for some other consumables too - either to try and get them back ASAP (when you don't think you need your long hydro anymore it might be preferable to cut it short and get the cooldown ticking instead) or because you don't really want them anymore (smoke setting can sometimes become a problem rather than boon, when you want to leave yourself a spotting gap or you miscalculated and someone Radars you - and you're visible to everyone but your smoke keeps spawning behind you as you escape, making it impossible to keep running while spotting enemies at the same time)

17 minutes ago, Caljostro said:

Please show all "spotted by" icons. It would be nice to know if e.g. smoking or stop firing let's us go stealth, or if we are being radared on top of that. P.S.: seperared icons for hydro and radar, please.

This would be SO nice. It's so frustrating when you don't know if smoke would save your butt because you're not sure if, say, a long-duration Radar is still running or not.

20 minutes ago, Caljostro said:

Maybe there could be a reserved flag slot just for these ?

Now that's a nice idea too.

21 minutes ago, Caljostro said:

Make silver consumables more newbie proof. Don't hide them behind a hard-to-spot drop-down-menu-arrow. Show all options with one click at the same time (see attached screenshot).

Yeah, that "default doublons" things just smells like an attempt to trick careless people into wasting doublons by mistake... If that's not the idea behind it - they should fix it. If that is exactly what they want - they should go eat sh*t and then change it anyway.

• Cool 5

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts

1. Sensible.

2. Fair points.

3. I never like the det mechanic, it's cheesy at best like any "death touch" mechanic in various games. Fair point on the methods to obtain.

4. Hell yes please! No end of times I've screwed it up after swapping ships. Ideally just let us drag a consumable to a key slot so that we have control. We can already assign keys to each slot as we prefer so being able to always put Heal in 1 slot and other consumables to suit would be very nice.

5. Not a CV player, so I don't know the reasoning for 4.

6. This is damn annoying, with spotter up it always seems to send the view to a weird spot, I'd like a key combo to allow me to swap spotter to normal binocs and vice versa

7. Yes please, brown alert far too many times from this.

8. Would be really nice, I suspect tricky as I think the Radar and Hydro consumables are the same bit of code with different ranges and duration. Likely too much to ask.

9. It's not that much of a pain, I see your point, but this is in luxuries territory.

10. That's down to MM grabbing a few ships to make a game, I suspect they would say "it would make queue times too long"

11. Luxury territory again.

12. I agree it's easy as an old hand to dismiss this one, but if not familiar with the UI it's far from obvious, I see why they do it as it's a bit of monetization, but it's a tad sneaky as it is.

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
1,227 posts
27,922 battles

The best post on this forum in a long time.  :cap_like:

I just hope that WG actually listens to it.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,842 posts
11,418 battles
4 hours ago, Caljostro said:

can you change zooming in with an active spotter plane ? The view always jumps way off where you were actually looking at.

This even happens to me even without a plane active and it's VERY annoying!

[SCRUB]
Players
3,941 posts
19,607 battles

Why don't you want the division window fixed ? 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,111 posts
20,781 battles
4 hours ago, eliastion said:
4 hours ago, Caljostro said:

Unified key binding for comsumables. One consumables, same key on every ship using it. Short and simple.

This is impossible. There are so many different consumable set-ups that unified bindings would be terribly unwieldy, stretching through the whole keyboard - because you can't assign the same key to two consumables that have a possibility of appearing together.

What could help a bit with consumables is the ability to customize key bindings for consumables on ship-by-ship basis.

agreed cant be done  BUT..Let use put them where we want them as you can do in tanks.

@Caljostro came here expecting typical unjustified complain thread...  BUT really nice post with some good points

Players
6,242 posts
10,755 battles
4 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

BUT really nice post with some good points

Quality posters unite, this is indeed a good post.

@OP The unified consumable keys have been dismissed by Sub_Octavian a few QnAs ago. It'd be too difficult to implement. And while I'm some numbers may need to be revised, I'm a big fan of the torpedo alert going off everytime. You should be on your toes to see what's about to hit you.

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles
14 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Why don't you want the division window fixed ? 

forever alone..... :Smile_trollface:

No I think he meant why "try" and fix the divisions window that we didn't ask for but not do these 12 things instead that we actualy want.

On topic: Nice suggestions! I agree with all of them if you change the key binding to "assign keys to consumables in battle or per ship" :Smile_honoring:

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,192 posts
11,284 battles

Some of them are good ideas, some of them... won't say bad, lets say I don't care..

but OP.. when you are on consumables... you are after my own heart!

Why the feck are the consumables are at different slots?

Why the DCP is at slot 1 in one ship and slot 3 on another..

The only thing you need to do WG, is to ability to swap consumables in slots..

basic eh?

click onto consumable spot.. give us all the consumable list.. we pick anyone available from the list..

Booom! problem solved!

There must be some examples you can use may be?

may be in the wot? the game which developed by the SAME COMPANY as you work???

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
3,941 posts
19,607 battles
1 minute ago, Miessa3 said:

No I think he meant why "try" and fix the divisions window that we didn't ask for but not do these 12 things instead that we actualy want.

Ah probably I misunderstood it then.

These are some valid points points though (especially the quite useless reduced flooding time signal flag).

The key bindings I don't care that much about, as I don't really have problems with it.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,941 posts
19,607 battles
3 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Why the DCP is at slot 1 in one ship and slot 3 on another

Afaik DCP is always on "R" (my setting) on any ship.

Players
367 posts
17,443 battles
5 hours ago, Caljostro said:
  1. More time to give compliments/reports. We all have been there: you die early, start a new match, only to find out 20 minutes later that the low tier player had a kraken, solo warrior and 4000 base exp in match #1. You want to give him a +1, but the timer expired a long time ago. Why ? Either extend it to like 30 minutes. Or at least only start it when we look at the battle report for the first time.
  2. Juliet Yankee Bissotwo (-20% flood duration). Aka the most useless signal in the game. Flooding ticks for 2 minutes, or 96 seconds with that signal. Damage Control Party 2 has an 80 second cooldown. So even with the worst timing possible, JYB will never shorten the duration. My proposal: change it to "-20% damage from flooding". Yes, it can help if you are using DCP1. But still.
  3. Speaking about signals: Juliet Charlie. -100% chance of you detonating. Yes, the best would be to just get rid of this pinnacle of rng. But until WG sees reason, could we please get an "active" way to obtain these ? You pretty much go into a game without the signal, hoping to blow up at some point, which probably causes your team to lose the round if it happens early. The fact you can't actively work for it is just bad design. My suggestion: also hand it out for devastating strikes.
  4. Unified key binding for comsumables. One consumables, same key on every ship using it. Short and simple.
  5. 8 signals on carriers instead of just 4. It begs the question: why is it this way anyway ?
  6. Recall your scout/spotter plane. SHIFT + KEY. And while we are at it: can you change zooming in with an active spotter plane ? The view always jumps way off where you were actually looking at.
  7. Could we not get the torpedo warning sound when the torpedos can't damage us ? Thank you for one heart attack less.
  8. Please show all "spotted by" icons. It would be nice to know if e.g. smoking or stop firing let's us go stealth, or if we are being radared on top of that. P.S.: seperared icons for hydro and radar, please.
  9. Is there a way to automatically fly the ranked service flag on all ships ? Maybe there could be a reserved flag slot just for these ? It is just annoying to do it all by hand, and 4 weeks later, switching it all back.
  10. Stop the alibi XIII in X matches. Seriously. WTH has there always to be ONE t8 ship. It can't be that hard to allow pure X matches or only X+IX.
  11. Could you show the mini map ABC 123 on every edge of the square ? Like a chess board has.
  12. Make silver consumables more newbie proof. Don't hide them behind a hard-to-spot drop-down-menu-arrow. Show all options with one click at the same time (see attached screenshot).

These are very good points, but, there is "reasons" behind them and most of them are working as intended.

1. Totally agreed and I'm shocked that it has even changed.

2. This too, the flag seems utterly useless (even there is a valid point in Negativvv's post)

3. Well, I'd like to have these also from some another "achievement" but, I'm getting these from "signals and camo's" containers aswell from supers.

4. This is as stated kinda impossible atm.

5. I guess it's Limited to 4 because there is only a few that actually will help the planes it selves, rather than the ship. IDK if its fair, but if it would be calculated there could be the ratio from "beneficial" signals similar to other ship classes. (?)

6. I'd definately like the option to change the view to "normal" even when the spotter is active.

7. This is intended. There can be a lot debate around this, but, it is working as intended. If you look it from the "realism" aspect, ships spot torps with sonar (yes, even if its not active in this game or the ship does not have it) and the sonar would not know for sure that the torp will or not hit the ship. It is meant to cause the brown alert. Ofc, when playing DD or CA/CL I personally would not want to have the alert, but, when in PA DD I really like that the enemy DDs are sh1tting their pants bec of this.

8. This is also intended. Ofc when I'm in DD I'd really like to know which gizmos are going to spot me / already are doing it, but, again it is there to make things a bit more difficult for DDs. Balanz i guess...

9. This, definately yes.

10.This is unded debate and in suggestions ; To create "artificial" battle tiers 11 and 12 : 11 will have ships T9-10 and 12 will have only T10. Personally I don't mind to be the only T8 in a game. It can be disastrous, but also a lot of fun. Hsiengyan for example is quite nice ship to have in that kind of game.

11.Agreed

12.This too has been indentified By WG staff and is under investigation for further improvements.

But the Division window... :etc_swear:

Edited by Paimentaja
Typos ect

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

#4 will never happen.

I've made at least two threads about this with ample community support behind it and even WG supposedly having forwarded the feedback to the devs but nothing ever happened, not even something like being able to customize the consumable order so that players themselves can organize them into an order that isn't screwing over their muscle memory as hard as some ships do it now.

Also, please fix the division window!

Players
579 posts
5,038 battles

:Smile_izmena: CV needs more flags

And WG is loosing money from it !

You want me to buy eco flags - dont you?

Why the f.... should i do this if i cant use them???

Usefull Flags for a CV

1. Speed (very usefull)

2. AA (usefull at least till tier 8)

3. "big" Flooding chance (mandatory flag!)

4. "small flooding" (very usefull)

(now im done with my flags ...)

5. Anti Fire (not that useless)

And now there are at least half a dozend eco flags left.

Right now i can ran at max 3 eco flags because the +15% flooding Chance flag is mandatory to play CV. 

• Cool 2

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,192 posts
11,284 battles
52 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Afaik DCP is always on "R" (my setting) on any ship.

Sorry My mistake..

I was referring to RP

as for an example, examine the following :)

image.png.666de0bf2a9a4b6d21ef656c52abfba4.png

image.png

• Cool 3

Players
20 posts
20,261 battles

Regarding 1.
Organization wanting to improve teamwork often want to balance critical and encouraging feedback. Especially when forming a good feedback culture in new organizations. How about only allowing  +-1  when it comes to compliments vs. reports? 
That would encourage people to really consider what was good and not only complain about their teammates.
As some of you may already be aware of,  reasearch show that teams that give positive feedback perform better. Yes, even in gaming.
Just a thought.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,930 battles

So where was this poll asking us all so you could write that wall of text that is the OP?

Most of the "suggestions players want" that you dont even know if "players want" or not, are to do with the player itself not caring enough for the game or the information available.

Man up, if you care for something, learn about it...

• Cool 1
  • Bad 6

Players
513 posts
13,180 battles
2 hours ago, Juanx said:

So where was this poll asking us all so you could write that wall of text that is the OP?

Most of the "suggestions players want" that you dont even know if "players want" or not, are to do with the player itself not caring enough for the game or the information available.

Man up, if you care for something, learn about it...

Constructive as ever :Smile_facepalm: If you had bothered to read the replies you would have found PLENTY of people who agree with one or more of his suggestions.  I certainly do. :Smile_great:

• Cool 2

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
10 hours ago, Caljostro said:

Flooding ticks for 2 minutes, or 96 seconds with that signal.

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

Flooding has base length of 90s not 120s

You can equip DmgCon Mod 2 to reduce it by 15%

You can take BoS on captain to reduce it by 15%

You can equip JYB signal to reduce it by 20%

So minimal flooding length is 52s - 28s below your 80s R cooldown

t9 CA has Def AA and Heal

t8 BB has heal

t8 CA has Def AA

Which of those 2 gets their 1st consumable on Y instead of T? Then add in stuff like radars and hydros... There's going to be that 1 ship who has its only consumable on the O key. That would be 10/10 design

And while we are at it: can you change zooming in with an active spotter plane ? The view always jumps way off where you were actually looking at.

No, it jumps directly to where you are looking at. Stop pointing your mouse above the target and you'll have it in your sights

Beta Tester
5,247 posts
21,470 battles

The only of those 12 fixes "players" - which should include me, as I am a player - want that would be in any way relevant to my wishes is #4 - Unified Key Bindings...

All the others would be nice to have, but I did live without them and can live without them in the future...

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles
14 hours ago, Zen71_sniper said:

The best post on this forum in a long time.  :cap_like:

I just hope that WG actually listens to it.

This. Came in too late so I won't repeat it. Awesome props OP. +1 for that as well. Especially the recall option for the spotter plane. I've been in so much quickly changing situation where the spotter aiming was giving a disadvantage (mid/ close range shootings) I'd begged to be able to call it back. Yes, let me ruin the consumable, I'm perfectly fine with that. Rather that than the encumbering aiming at said ranges with it.

Players
2,831 posts
20,059 battles
18 hours ago, Caljostro said:
  1. More time to give compliments/reports
  2. Juliet Yankee Bissotwo (-20% flood duration). 
  3. Speaking about signals: Juliet Charlie. -100% chance of you detonating. 
  4. Unified key binding for comsumables. One consumables, same key on every ship using it. Short and simple.
  5. 8 signals on carriers instead of just 4. It begs the question: why is it this way anyway ?
  6. Recall your scout/spotter plane. SHIFT + KEY. And while we are at it: can you change zooming in with an active spotter plane ? The view always jumps way off where you were actually looking at.
  7. Could we not get the torpedo warning sound when the torpedos can't damage us ? Thank you for one heart attack less.
  8. Please show all "spotted by" icons. It would be nice to know if e.g. smoking or stop firing let's us go stealth, or if we are being radared on top of that. P.S.: seperared icons for hydro and radar, please.
  9. Is there a way to automatically fly the ranked service flag on all ships ? Maybe there could be a reserved flag slot just for these ? It is just annoying to do it all by hand, and 4 weeks later, switching it all back.
  10. Stop the alibi XIII in X matches. Seriously. WTH has there always to be ONE t8 ship. It can't be that hard to allow pure X matches or only X+IX.
  11. Could you show the mini map ABC 123 on every edge of the square ? Like a chess board has.
  12. Make silver consumables more newbie proof. Don't hide them behind a hard-to-spot drop-down-menu-arrow. Show all options with one click at the same time (see attached screenshot).

Number 4. to go please !

Sign in to follow this