You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Marducas91

gunboats and damage saturation

4 comments in this topic

[MUMMY]
[MUMMY]
Players
62 posts
10,665 battles

Hi there everyone, hope u are all doing fine. :cap_like:
I've started this topic to gather some in depth infos about damage saturation and in a more specific way on what to do with your gunboats when the enemy u are shoting at has parts of his ship that are saturated.

I'm not a potato at this game ( my pr is closing up to 1.9 k), so I understand the basic game mechanics as damage saturation is,  but I still find myself in situations in which I do not know which is the best thing to do or not to do :fish_palm:.

lets take an example: akizuki

4x2 turrets with 100 mm rapid firing guns ment to shred other dds to pieces:cap_rambo:, all fine and good untill a couple of days ago when in a game I was facing a benson. we met into the cap, excanged a couple of salvos and than he smoked and got away ( since I didn't chased him due to his cruiser support behind him). when we faced each other he was pretty much bow in so the majority of my shells landed  on his nose so to say. game went on and when we met again ( after we both took more damage  during the course of the match) I noticed that my shells were doing quite a bit less damage on him ( and before u can say anithing yes I have IFHE on my captain and yes I switch to AP when a dd gives me broadside and its not a point blank range). so I started wondering on how I can get the most damage out in every situation I find myself while firing to an enemy dd.

is the answer as simple as "always target different areas of the ship"? should I aim for specific sections of the ship ( like bow or stern) to deal the most damage in the shorted period of time or is it fine to just aim for center of mass and land as many shells as possible?

let me hear your opinions,

greetings

Marducas91:Smile_glasses:

P.S: I'm not english so if there are any grammatical errors just forgive me :Smile-_tongue:

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,866 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Marducas91 sagte:

is the answer as simple as "always target different areas of the ship"?

Yes, pretty much just this.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

In a bow-on case with a saturated bow... The only way would be to aim a bit higher and try hitting the superstructure

Pretty much is the case of "aim all around", yeah.

[MUMMY]
[MUMMY]
Players
62 posts
10,665 battles
13 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Yes, pretty much just this.

so, against any kind of dds, from IGN to russian u should pretty much "spray and pray" on them and try to hit different parts of the ship? are there parts of the ship which " receive" more damage before getting saturated? I mean, if I remember correctly, different parts on ships have different amounts of HP that need to be depleted in order to become saturated, so which are the best to target?

also, how does this work against BBs and cruisers? those 2 can have a pretty saturated supertructure ( at which I usually aim at to do the most damage, both with HE and AP, except at really close range with german AP) and u can't always pen their sides or angled bow/ stern. which is the best way to go here? spray and pray for fires?