You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CommanderSpero

Loss of main batteries

7 comments in this topic

Question

Players
3 posts
6,469 battles

Hi all,

While playing with my Gneisenau, I experienced a sudden complete loss of control on all 3 main battery guns. They weren't reported as exploded or under-repair module, but simply did not respond to any command. The color of main battery mounts on the ship's schematics on the bottom left corner were grey. (neither yellow as they are usually, nor red/black when damaged or destroyed)

So my question is: was my conning tower being hit ? if no then what was the reason?

Thank you captains !

6 answers to this question

Players
352 posts
11,602 battles

The only things I can think of are either 1) You accidently press ctrl x and locked your turrets at a certain angle 2) The game tabbed you out, without you realising, this can easily happen when the game is windowed without the screen changing, only when you try to move your camera or try to do something and nothing reacts do you see it. 

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Not, it's just a rare and age old bug, even if ridiculously frustrating.

Things that usually (but not always) help with it (or at least seem to help) would be:

• Zoom out
  • Wiggle your turrets
  • Turn the ship itself a little bit

Can't really help with any better solution than that

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, CommanderSpero said:

That is why I was presuming a hit on my conning tower (if that is even possible).

That wouldn't affect your guns, there are no actual command staff / crew / gun directors modeled for your ships performance

• Cool 1

Players
3 posts
6,469 battles

Hi,

So I'm quite sure that neither guns were locked nor my mouse ceased to respond as I was still able to look around my ship with no issue.

Unfortunately I was sunk quite quickly so wasn't able to calmly asses the situation. What I forgot to mention though is that all my 3 main battery guns turned their color on my ship display bottom left corner from yellow/orange to a grey one, thus same color as the rest of the hull. 

That is why I was presuming a hit on my conning tower (if that is even possible). But please let me know what you think captains as I'm very curious. 

Thanks.

Players
3 posts
6,469 battles

Hi all,

I think I found my answer captain, probably I selected torpedo tubes (which were both destroyed) and so by not seeing the green shaded area, I did not realised of it. 

• Cool 1