Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cyclops_

A strange one.

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[OGHF]
Players
1,212 posts
22,027 battles

Playing a ranked game to day in my Minotaur, good game, well on our way to winning when I was shelling a Montana @Supasniper that then went behind the island (can't remember the map) when I managed to Citadel it????, did not think that was possible with the shell size on the Mino????

Anyone else done it ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
889 posts
18,138 battles
10 minutes ago, PaxMaggie said:

if u hit the bridge it counts as a cita

Really? I thought it was just a myth 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,133 posts
11,146 battles
30 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Playing a ranked game to day in my Minotaur, good game, well on our way to winning when I was shelling a Montana @Supasniper that then went behind the island (can't remember the map) when I managed to Citadel it????, did not think that was possible with the shell size on the Mino????

Anyone else done it ???

 

There was a thread about the Neptune doing the same thing by hitting at a high angle between two turrets.
Then it happened to me in one of the first sorties with the Neptune against a Montana.

I think that both the Montana and RN CL AP just bug out at times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
4 minutes ago, Freyr_90 said:

Really? I thought it was just a myth 

Not a myth. Conning tower counts as citadel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
52 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Playing a ranked game to day in my Minotaur, good game, well on our way to winning when I was shelling a Montana @Supasniper that then went behind the island (can't remember the map) when I managed to Citadel it????, did not think that was possible with the shell size on the Mino????

Anyone else done it ???

 

I've citadelled Montana with Minotaur, always at range though 12-14km, I guess it's the mortar trajectory at that range. Not exactly common of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
59 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Playing a ranked game to day in my Minotaur, good game, well on our way to winning when I was shelling a Montana @Supasniper that then went behind the island (can't remember the map) when I managed to Citadel it????, did not think that was possible with the shell size on the Mino????

Anyone else done it ???

Probably a case of RNG giving you 1-in-a-million shot where the shell managed to find that 1 magical gap that noone knew about. Hapepns every now and then

 

35 minutes ago, PaxMaggie said:

if u hit the bridge it counts as a cita

24 minutes ago, Freyr_90 said:

Really? I thought it was just a myth 

21 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Not a myth. Conning tower counts as citadel.

No it doesn't, nothing more than a myth. Bridge (conning tower) = superstructure not citadel.

 

Same as hitting gun barbettes doesn't count as a citadel despite plenty of people thinking it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
1,037 posts
9,218 battles
22 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Not a myth. Conning tower counts as citadel.

 

Wrong afaik, and just a Montana thing in general

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
889 posts
18,138 battles

Now I remembered a yuro clip

 

Should be somewhere in the middle (can't post a link to the exact moment) 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
2 hours ago, walter3kurtz said:

 

Wrong afaik, and just a Montana thing in general

 

 

 

2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

No it doesn't, nothing more than a myth. Bridge (conning tower) = superstructure not citadel.

 

Same as hitting gun barbettes doesn't count as a citadel despite plenty of people thinking it does.

 

Then how come I did the same stuff to various other battleships when shooting at their superstructures, even citadeling a bow on FdG by shooting its superstructure with a Neptune?

Or how the latest module video from WG quite clearly shows a hitbox for the conning tower when highlighting the ship's citadel?

 

 

The case of my Neptune citadeling the FdG in particular would make absolutely no sense whatsoever if the conning tower didn't count as citadel because I most certainly would've never hit, nevermind penetrated the citadel anywhere else as it was bow-on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,464 posts
20,571 battles
32 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

The case of my Neptune citadeling the FdG in particular would make absolutely no sense whatsoever if the conning tower didn't count as citadel because I most certainly would've never hit, nevermind penetrated the citadel anywhere else as it was bow-on.

 

It doesn't make sense in general considering Neptune/Mino don't have enough penetration power even at point blank range to penetrate the conning tower of any BB found in their MM spread barring the RN ones and the Lyon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
7 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

 

It doesn't make sense in general considering Neptune/Mino don't have enough penetration power even at point blank range to penetrate the conning tower of any BB found in their MM spread barring the RN ones and the Lyon.

 

Yup I find it weird when I score Citadel hits on Monty in Minotaur at range, the only conclusion I reach is that the shells are falling close to vertical, but I don't get it either, the deck or citadel top armour should stop those shells. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OGHF]
Players
1,212 posts
22,027 battles
1 hour ago, BeauNidl3 said:

 

Yup I find it weird when I score Citadel hits on Monty in Minotaur at range, the only conclusion I reach is that the shells are falling close to vertical, but I don't get it either, the deck or citadel top armour should stop those shells. 

Totally agree, not being a young techi I dont record games etc just wish I had so I could show it happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
23 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Totally agree, not being a young techi I dont record games etc just wish I had so I could show it happening.

You don't have to be young or smart with the tech to get replays for yourself:

 

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/articles/128/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
1,037 posts
9,218 battles
14 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Then how come I did the same stuff to various other battleships when shooting at their superstructures, even citadeling a bow on FdG by shooting its superstructure with a Neptune?

Or how the latest module video from WG quite clearly shows a hitbox for the conning tower when highlighting the ship's citadel?

 

 

The case of my Neptune citadeling the FdG in particular would make absolutely no sense whatsoever if the conning tower didn't count as citadel because I most certainly would've never hit, nevermind penetrated the citadel anywhere else as it was bow-on.

 

No idea, but it seems to be something that didn't happen before so I'm going to go with bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×