Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hannibalurg

US CA Line split, what is true?

13 comments in this topic

[-5D-]
Beta Tester
899 posts

I know there have probebly been X amount of threads on this topic, but from the search function i could't find the answer to my question so i will make a new thread. To the joy of everyone. 

Today in a game somone said that if you own the Tier IX Baltimore, you will get the new IX Buffelo for free, without any researched upgrades and get the downgraded version of tier VIII Baltimore.

This contridicts what i have read so far, and i told this gentleman this. 

Then he reffered to when they split the Sovjets, and he said you kept your ship getting downgraded, plus you get the new ship that replaces it for free. 

I cannot find any official info from Wargaming on how the split will end up.

If anyone knows, or know of a thread were WG have replied please do link sources. Sorry for creating a new #USCASPLIT line. But i really need to know what is really going to happen. 

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,981 posts
28,589 battles

We receive many questions about upcoming US cruiser split and what will become of your vehicles and inventory. So, here are the general rules:

A ship to be replaced will remain available to the player in stock configuration on new tier (In the Port if it was purchased or in the researched state if it was researched).
The replacement ship will be added to the player's account together with a port slot (if the replaced ship has been purchased) or will become researched (if the replaced ship has been researched).
Replacement of modules will be carried out by means of adding similar modules for the new ship to the player's account, or by reimbursement of their cost in XP (added to the new ship) and credits.
For the replaced ship, its Commander's specialization will be changed to the ship of the corresponding tier in the main branch. For the second ship, a new Commander will be added to the player's account and bonus Commander XP.
If a purchased permanent camouflage was mounted on a ship to be replaced, it will remain mounted on this ship and a new permanent camouflage (for the added ship) will be added to the player's account.
Exceptions: Permanent special camouflages for Cleveland and New Orleans will remain with the ships and will NOT appear for ships taking their place in the new tech tree.

• Cool 1

[FAILS]
Players
595 posts
20,676 battles

In your case that means: fully upgraded t9 Baltimore in port now - you get fully upgraded t9 Buffalo after split plus a stock t8 Baltimore, however with the modules you had researched on the t8 New Orleans also researched on the new Baltimore.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, Hannibalurg said:

Today in a game somone said that if you own the Tier IX Baltimore, you will get the new IX Buffelo for free, without any researched upgrades and get the downgraded version of tier VIII Baltimore.

You get the Buffalo exactly as upgraded, as your Baltimore is at the moment of the split.

And yes, you also get the tier 8 version of Balti, which will be as upgraded (or if you don't have it in your port - as researched), as your New Orleans is right now

1 hour ago, Hannibalurg said:

I cannot find any official info from Wargaming on how the split will end up.

Players
4,551 posts
7,604 battles
9 minutes ago, robihr said:

i am more interested in date. is it this week or next week?

PT round 2 ended today so I guess next week.

Possibly even a mini-patch changing the line a bit later if there's an event they want to tie it in to.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, robihr said:

i am more interested in date. is it this week or next week?

Should be this thursday (31st May), that's when the 0.7.5 should be released

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,707 posts
14,191 battles
4 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Should there not be a post about the maintenance and patch notes on the main site by now if it's going on the 31st?

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,120 posts
5,500 battles
4 hours ago, Benser said:

Should there not be a post about the maintenance and patch notes on the main site by now if it's going on the 31st?

Should be coming tomorrow, if true.

Players
367 posts
17,443 battles

And in the "first round" of the split (0.7.5) there will be only the Cleveland / Buffalo / rest of the CA line thingie going on, rest of the CL line will happen in 0.7.6.

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
16 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

nah i dont believe it will be this thursday... there are still 6 day till ranked season is over... big updates are usually after ranked or CB seasons...

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,762 posts
21,196 battles
1 minute ago, robihr said:

nah i dont believe it will be this thursday... there are still 6 day till ranked season is over... big updates are usually after ranked or CB seasons...

0.7.5 Update Notes - 500 MB

SERVER MAINTENANCE STARTS: Thu. May 31 07:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. May 31 07:00
SERVER MAINTENANCE ENDS: Thu. May 31 10:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. May 31 10:00

Sorry mate, it's this Thursday and it's official.

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
15 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Sorry mate, it's this Thursday and it's official.

well it isnt first time they did this (introduction of british cl), but they should have waited a week...

Sign in to follow this