You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

Coal, Steel and Oil

59 comments in this topic

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
1,911 posts
21,029 battles
5 minutes ago, WolfGewehr said:

As I interpret the statements from WG, steel would be just a secondary option to get those reward ships, aimed especially for those who prefer one mode (to put it roughly, steel makes Flint+Black available for CB guys and Stalingrad for ranked/solo? guys). You'd get the flags as usual for playing ranked/CB, and thus the rewards once you gather the needed flags. On top of that you'd also get steel that you can use as you will in Arsenal. That's how I see it.

Also the fact that the 3rd Stalingrad flag is already done could advocate that flags stay as the main option to get those rewards.

Anyways, these are our interpretations. Lets wait for WG's official statement.

This. Steel and Coal are just alternatives to "regular" way of obtaining specific ships like Flint, Black and Stalingrad. You'll still be able to obtain Flint and Black by reaching R1 appropriate times and Stalingrad by obtaining fags. Nobody ever mention replacing usual way of getting those ships with new one.

Also for Oil, I believe that nothing will change with a current system. Currently Oil is a Clan resource intended for developing Clan base facilities. There is no mention that either the Coal or Steel could be used for that. Coal has its purpose for buying flags and possibly ships that are available to buy via FXP while Steel could be used to buy those reward ships for competitive games. So Oil purpose will remain Clan resource while both Coal and Still will become Personal resources.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
44 minutes ago, fumtu said:

This. Steel and Coal are just alternatives to "regular" way of obtaining specific ships like Flint, Black and Stalingrad. You'll still be able to obtain Flint and Black by reaching R1 appropriate times and Stalingrad by obtaining fags. Nobody ever mention replacing usual way of getting those ships with new one.

But doens't that mean rewards kind of double?

For example, I play clan battles only. While I'm obtaining three flags and therefore Stalingrad I'm collecting also steel to get a Flint?

But well... we will see.

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
1,911 posts
21,029 battles
7 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

But doens't that mean rewards kind of double?

For example, I play clan battles only. While I'm obtaining three flags and therefore Stalingrad I'm collecting also steel to get a Flint?

But well... we will see.

Yes that is exactly what it should mean. Steel should be rare and you'll probably need a lot of games in competitive modes just to collect enough to buy a ship. I doubt that it would be easer to get Flint by Steel than by reaching R1 three times.

Players
2,830 posts
17,221 battles

well this would also imply it was desinged as some sort of catch up mechanic.

im still not convinced  it will coexist with  "traditional" reward system
i expect it to be a replacement

as for  the argument the 3rd stalingrad flag is in game

isnt the stalingrad flag just a recolor of the  blue flags from the introduction of RN BB'S!?

Players
1,549 posts
5,911 battles
11 hours ago, Procrastes said:

Then again, it is perfectly possible to found a one-man Clan. So whatever the case may be, there is no actual ground for making a claim of non-Clan discrimination.

If you wanted to spend doubloons, which cost real money, then yes you could do that just to get access to something which is otherwise not available to you.

However as others have mentioned, the other items (coals etc) don't look tied into Clans which is nice.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
17 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

However as others have mentioned, the other items (coals etc) don't look tied into Clans which is nice.

Nothing of the new things is exclusive to clans.

Beta Tester
2,601 posts
2,809 battles
9 hours ago, IanH755 said:

If you wanted to spend doubloons, which cost real money, then yes you could do that just to get access to something which is otherwise not available to you.

I have no general objection to spending real money to get access to something that would otherwise not be available to me - in this case, the fruits of some dedicated labour by WG employees. :Smile_Default:

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,723 posts
2,756 battles
On 5/28/2018 at 11:05 AM, Aotearas said:

So what's going to happen with the oil? WG said they wanted Oil to be something a player can spend for themselves in the future, rather than just being a clan ressource used for passive benefitd (if one is in a clan who've been using their oil to that end).

With the now confirmed introduction of the competitive reward ressources Coal and Steel, how does Oil factor in that equation?

• Is WG going to implement its own reward pool that players can spend their gathered Oil on, seperate from the Coal/Steel rewards?
  • Is WG going to tie Oil directly to the Coal/Steel ressources in some fashion (more Oil = getting more Coal/Steel)?
  • Is WG going to give every player some Coal/Steel upon their implementation based on how much Oil they have (since playing clanbattles gave bonus Oil it doesn't seem outlandish to make that connection)?
  • Is WG going to allow players to convert Oil to Coal/Steel via Doubloons?

Any informations or at least some development directions currently being considered that WG might share?

@MrConway, @Tuccy, @Kandly, @Crysantos, I summon thee!

Unfortunately its a bit early for me to talk about how exactly the implementation will happen, we'll have more news about it soon.

In the meantime I would suggest you watch our presentation on the feature that we did during the King of the Sea tournament, it has all of the latest information!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/267322369