You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

Coal, Steel and Oil

59 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

So what's going to happen with the oil? WG said they wanted Oil to be something a player can spend for themselves in the future, rather than just being a clan ressource used for passive benefitd (if one is in a clan who've been using their oil to that end).

With the now confirmed introduction of the competitive reward ressources Coal and Steel, how does Oil factor in that equation?

• Is WG going to implement its own reward pool that players can spend their gathered Oil on, seperate from the Coal/Steel rewards?
  • Is WG going to tie Oil directly to the Coal/Steel ressources in some fashion (more Oil = getting more Coal/Steel)?
  • Is WG going to give every player some Coal/Steel upon their implementation based on how much Oil they have (since playing clanbattles gave bonus Oil it doesn't seem outlandish to make that connection)?
  • Is WG going to allow players to convert Oil to Coal/Steel via Doubloons?

Any informations or at least some development directions currently being considered that WG might share?

@MrConway, @Tuccy, @Kandly, @Crysantos, I summon thee!

• Cool 6

[NED]
Players
2,089 posts
8,343 battles

I would be very interested in learning about this aswell.

Though i doubt we will get much info about this due to "in development" status.

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles

Why you tag Kandly?

Don't get me wrong I would love to see her here but... shes kidnapped by WoT traitors...

• Cool 2

[WCWVE]
Players
1,049 posts
16,794 battles

I would very much like more information on this topic as well 

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,724 posts
21,077 battles
37 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Is WG going to give every player some Coal/Steel upon their implementation based on how much Oil they have

Most likely WG will just convert your personal oil into coal (the more "common" of the two new resources), either in a 1:1 ratio or a similar exchange. This solution is one of the easier ones, especially since it doesn't get people angry like the easiest solution of them all, ignoring personal oil completely.

Players
387 posts
12,681 battles

I am almost sure they said in first video they are not sure about names and coal and steel is temporary code name.  
Most likely coal is probably just oil and we gonna get oil and steel in final form.

or coal and freedom

640a72cef83ac2a9.png

Players
2,831 posts
20,002 battles

my guess is the abandoned the idea of letting you spend personal oil in favor of coal steal completely.

the best thing i can imagine at this point happening would beeing able to spend oil on flags.

although i i expect nothing and will just behappy if i can use it someday for something.

:Smile_hiding:let us buy super containers for oil 

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,967 posts
28,516 battles

I don't think that they mentioned anything about Oil during KOTS final stream. But they did mention new facilities for Clan Base (or Port or whatever). One of the new facilities should enable clan members to collect more FXP. I guess that Oil will still be only clan based while both Coal and Steal will be for personal purposes.

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles

I may only have one question about this so far, but it's an important one: How much steel does it take to construct additional pylons?

• Funny 2

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles

Ranked, pvp, yadda, yadda - how about some silicon or something for farming bots in coop?

No?

Nothing?

Oh. Well. At least I tried.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,724 posts
21,077 battles

Coal and steel are the new resources, that players will be able to earn by completing combat missions, reaching high ranks and showing good results in Clan battles.

Once the update with arsenal goes live, players will receive bonuses for prior results and/or achievements.

So most likely future CBs won't give any oil at all and personal oil will become one of the new resources.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,401 posts
10,939 battles

We have:

- Xp

- Free Xp

- commander XP

- Flags

- Oil

- Steal

- Coal

- Containers

- Super-containers

- Special containers

- Dubloons

- Free commander XP

- Ship mods

- Camos

- Gimmicks

They all can be sold for moneyz. U have a problem with that, boiiii?

NBNednF.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,831 posts
20,002 battles
31 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

@Humorpalanta How exactly will I pay for steel and coal?

you send money to my paypal acc 

my uncle whos working for WG will manipulate your acc

[BLITZ]
Players
2,842 posts
11,387 battles
1 hour ago, Gojuadorai said:

you send money to my paypal acc 

my uncle whos working for WG will manipulate your acc

I did, you can login and check your account via this link:

paipal.com.fishing.ru

• Funny 2

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,401 posts
10,939 battles
1 hour ago, SeeteufeI said:

@Humorpalanta How exactly will I pay for steel and coal?

You didn't think you'd pay for containers, did you?

Money finds a way.

51f6446a8fed5.jpeg

• Funny 4

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

Can I assume that all this new stuff will only be available for members of a Clan, as only Clan members can currently earn oil?

[BLITZ]
Players
2,842 posts
11,387 battles
13 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Can I assume that all this new stuff will only be available for members of a Clan, as only Clan members can currently earn oil?

Coal will be for everyone.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, IanH755 said:

No, something along the lines of "while it's mainly based around being in a clan - that shouldn't be required" was mentioned

Players
3,962 posts
5,268 battles
15 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Is WG going to give every player some Coal/Steel upon their implementation based on how much Oil they have (since playing clanbattles gave bonus Oil it doesn't seem outlandish to make that connection)?

This makes some sense to me based on WG's words on facebook:

Once the update with arsenal goes live, players will receive bonuses for prior results and/or achievements.

Players
3,962 posts
5,268 battles

I hope they wont force night battles in Randoms. Cyclone feature and Ocean map are already enough of headache.

• Cool 1

[SINT]
Players
975 posts
21,733 battles

Regarding oil: some clans might already have progressed so far that they bought all the harbor upgrades. Seems oil only has limited buying power.

The repair docks (2x 4K, 2x 5K) 18K oil

The tier purchase discount around 7,5K (?) for all

The Nation upgrades (7x 2K) 14K

And then the more expansive clan upgrades.

In the end even the smaller clans are going to have their harbor filled.

The 10% repair discount is a real nice one for the non premium players who play higher tier.

WG has to give oil a 2nd live if farming for oil is to remain relevant.

Beta Tester
3,386 posts
15,483 battles
55 minutes ago, Jvd2000 said:

In the end even the smaller clans are going to have their harbor filled.

We are a very small Clan, and still we have had all the buildings except for the clan-size extension, quite fast.

Players
1,024 posts
5,455 battles

I believe this implementation may hugely benefit the game. Even the idea to be able to buy signals with this is a great one (since ranked dd play really bled me out). The only real issue that may arise is overall fairness. This shouldn't put the casual solo player at a tremendous disadvantage vs a clan battles junkie. Let's just hope everyone gets his fair share and clan players earn just a bit more for their commitment. 

• Cool 6