audipower_2013

dutch ships from holland

12 comments in this topic

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
53 minutes ago, audipower_2013 said:

when do the start on dutch battel ships like the zeven provincien ore the ruyter

They are cruisers not battleships (though these days, it's kinda hard what's what, I give you that) and I'd expect them by 2019, somewhere around tier 8 or 9 of the Pan-American cruiser line. DPM-wise, they look more tier 7 material, if not T6, but they'll just get radar, hydro, defAA, repair and smoke in seperate slots and it'll be fine.

[THESO]
Players
1,267 posts
16,496 battles

I am confused. Are there dutch ships not from Holland or ships from Holland that are not dutch by definition? Maybe WG will come up with something like a pan-european or pan-Allied tree and put dutch ships and other singles like Blyskawica in it. ... and russian ships into the pan-asian tree.

• Funny 1

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,179 posts
12,716 battles

You could also ask why a Huang MEEEEH in a config that never existed but no real historical ship and that includes dutch......not like china didnt had 2 prems allready so even apease to the market dont cut it....

[RNSF]
Players
28 posts
9,605 battles

Keep in mind that the Kingdom of the Netherlands also had a carrier. Would be nice to play the Hr.Ms. Karel Doorman.

[THESO]
Players
1,267 posts
16,496 battles

I can somewhat understand, that it is nice to have a ship in game, that represents your country or region of origin. But is it really that important? Personally I could live with there only being American and Japanese ships. Why does the game need that many different ships? Would dutch ships bring a new element of gameplay into WoWs? Differences in the nations arc are hardly justifiable from a historic perspective as it is. Does it not bloat the game unnecessarily?

[RNSF]
Players
28 posts
9,605 battles

No, the dutch ship itself can be balanced out, does not have to be of historicall class match. but the feelling that you own a dutch carrier is nice. Because the Hr.Ms Karel Doorman was the only cv that the kingdom of the netherlands ever owned or used in naval warfare.

Players
209 posts
19 hours ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

I am confused. Are there dutch ships not from Holland or ships from Holland that are not dutch by definition? Maybe WG will come up with something like a pan-european or pan-Allied tree and put dutch ships and other singles like Blyskawica in it. ... and russian ships into the pan-asian tree.

Not all dutch ships are from Holland. But all ships form Holland are dutch ships. 

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
23 hours ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

Holland is just one region of the Netherlands. 

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
1,267 posts
16,496 battles
3 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Holland is just one region of the Netherlands. 

Ah, finally learned something. Thx. I always thoguth Holland was just a synonymous expression for the Netherlands.

The point of the question was due to the original request of the thread starter for Dutch ships from Holland, which got me confused.

Still, is this a big thing, that ships have to be from that region? Are all the shipyards of the netherlands in the Holland region? And there are islands in the caribbean that are part of the Netherlands.

So I assume there are ships registered to let's say St. Eustatius and such ships would then be dutch but not from Holland. Is that the point? Forgive me if I am being insensitive to possible regional sentiments.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
2 minutes ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

Ah, finally learned something. Thx. I always thoguth Holland was just a synonymous expression for the Netherlands.

The point of the question was due to the original request of the thread starter for Dutch ships from Holland, which got me confused.

Still, is this a big thing, that ships have to be from that region? Are all the shipyards of the netherlands in the Holland region? And there are islands in the caribbean that are part of the Netherlands.

So I assume there are ships registered to let's say St. Eustatius and such ships would then be dutch but not from Holland. Is that the point? Forgive me if I am being insensitive to possible regional sentiments.

I'd not give too much about the original request. They likely used it synonymously (as many people do), just like they use "battel ships" (sic) synonymously with warships. I think they just want dutch ships and the region doesn't matter.