You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Contender83

What's wrong with my recent winrate?

18 comments in this topic

[TOXIC]
Players
40 posts
8,168 battles

So here's the issue:

https://wows-numbers.com/player/531224268,Contender83/

I was overall 56% solo wr player until I came back into the game and now I keep getting teams that just melt in 5 mins every time, especially in the Iowa. Is it that my WR was considered too high and it's being normalized by giving me potato team after potato team or is this just a passing phenomenon? Just RNG? Especially on the Iowa i'm quitting after 8 games lost straight where the team collapses very quickly. Feel free to check my stats and suggest some improvements to my gameplay and tactics if that's the problem but this is getting embarassing... 

[GG-EZ]
Players
2,631 posts
13,455 battles
4 hours ago, Contender83 said:

So here's the issue:

I was overall 56% solo wr player until I came back into the game and now I keep getting teams that just melt in 5 mins every time, especially in the Iowa. Is it that my WR was considered too high and it's being normalized by giving me potato team after potato team or is this just a passing phenomenon? Just RNG? Especially on the Iowa i'm quitting after 8 games lost straight where the team collapses very quickly. Feel free to check my stats and suggest some improvements to my gameplay and tactics if that's the problem but this is getting embarassing... 

You did nothing.

For quite a while now the infestation of beyond redemption braindead idiots has been too much. You get stomps on you or the enemy.

If you play solo, your individual skill will only matter in a very slight amount of games - the rest just depends on wich teams wins the idiot lottery, i.e. which team will be even worse than the other. You had the bad end of that lottery.

WG of course sees no problem here.

• Cool 5

[CATS]
Players
28,167 posts
14,910 battles

Taking a break for months and restarting in high Tier is a reciept for desaster. It takes time to get back into the game. Play some mid Tiers games, when you think you got it, you can go up to high Tier.

And no, the bad players were there before. But when you cannot carry them, they get more noticable.

• Cool 3

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,870 posts
9,434 battles

It's probably just rust combined with a bit of bad luck in your recent battles.

I don't see any other reason why you would suddenly drop like that in WR.

Alpha Tester, Players
5,335 posts
35,510 battles

its just , diff on what tier u play , on mid tier , teams more solid , hard carry can handle most of time , but high tiers , god there potatoes out of control

• Cool 1

Players
3 posts
30 battles

Just because matchmaking no more benefits no mirror lineups. If you were lucky you had stronger ships in your team.

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,522 battles

You came back to the game, I checked wowsstats.org and can see that you last updated that particular website in december 2017 (or someone did). So I can only assume that you have been gone for quite some time?

Metas change, your perception and adaptability decrease as you're away from the game. You mostly play BB, a class of ship that has little influence on the meta other than make the few cruisers that are still around play it a bit more safe with your positioning. If you want to influence the battle you either have to be a god in CV, play DD, or be a god in a CA/CL and put pressure on the class that really decides how a game plays out, the DDs.

So you got 2 choices if you want to pad dem stats, either play a class of ship that has more influence than BBs, or just give yourself time to get up to speed again :).

Players
361 posts
17,391 battles
37 minutes ago, PapVogele said:

So you got 2 choices if you want to pad dem stats, either play a class of ship that has more influence than BBs, or just give yourself time to get up to speed again :).

Or ignore the stats and play this game for fun and for the objective.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,522 battles
39 minutes ago, Paimentaja said:

Or ignore the stats and play this game for fun and for the objective.

That wasn’t a part of his concern, seeing as he cares about his stats...

• Funny 1

Players
361 posts
17,391 battles
7 minutes ago, PapVogele said:

That wasn’t a part of his concern, seeing as he cares about his stats...

Well, some ppl use the stats just as an indicator how things have been. But, if he would be concerned stricktly about his stats, most of players know that you have to be Super unicum player to get (above 50%) wins in BBs, especially fresh ones. Losing streak in Iowa is quite common thing. "Surprisingly" often when you ignore your stats and play the objective for fun, WR also starts to get better. But playing the objective mostly requires to play CV or DD ; Those ship types also have the greatest impact on WR. (and divisions)

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,522 battles
1 minute ago, Paimentaja said:

Well, some ppl use the stats just as an indicator how things have been. But, if he would be concerned stricktly about his stats, most of players know that you have to be Super unicum player to get (above 50%) wins in BBs, especially fresh ones. Losing streak in Iowa is quite common thing. "Surprisingly" often when you ignore your stats and play the objective for fun, WR also starts to get better. But playing the objective mostly requires to play CV or DD ; Those ship types also have the greatest impact on WR. (and divisions)

So basically what I said in my first post then :P

Players
361 posts
17,391 battles
Just now, PapVogele said:

So basically what I said in my first post then :P

Yes, now that I read it with at least two working brain cells. :Smile_hiding: Need moar coffee... or food. But you nailed it and clearly know what is going on ect.

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,522 battles
Just now, Paimentaja said:

Yes, now that I read it with at least two working brain cells. :Smile_hiding: Need moar coffee... or food. But you nailed it and clearly know what is going on ect.

Moar coffee is definatly the way to go!

• Cool 1

Players
2,831 posts
20,045 battles
9 hours ago, Contender83 said:

What's wrong with my recent winrate?

its too low :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[XTREM]
Players
1,037 posts
9,218 battles
10 hours ago, Contender83 said:

So here's the issue:

It's hard to carry in a BB when your team is weak unless you get a few dev strikes really, really early.

To answer your question: it's just RNG even though it doesn't seem like it sometimes.  Your recent stats seem fine but we don't know what happened exactly. Maybe the damage was done to irrelevant targets, your target selection was wrong etc. but I doubt it. Seems like just a case of bad luck and perhaps having to get back into the game. Aiming with USN BB and the extra lead you need can throw off salvo's that could otherwise turn the game.

• Cool 1

[RL7S]
Players
248 posts
3,276 battles

I don't know how well this would translate to tier 9, but at least in my tier 6 BBs like Bayern and Mutsu the theory is DDs win the game so I like to push up aggressively and lay the smackdown on cruisers which stops them killing my DDs.

Priority target on cruisers until they're dead, even ignoring the destroyers themselves unless I get a really good shot (DDs are hard to hit from range and too dangerous up close), leave the enemy DDs to my own cruisers and once the enemy cruisers are dead switch to BB targets.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
11 hours ago, Contender83 said:

I came back into the game

So you had a break? You, unlike players who you play with, are rusty. You don't have the same reactions (as in what you do not how quickly you do it), you don't have the same prediction capabilities, you probably don't even have quite correct playstyle anymore. You've got to get back into playing the game, and high tiers won't make that easy

12 hours ago, Contender83 said:

i'm quitting after 8 games lost straight

Also losing so much and getting tilted doesn't help. 3 losses in a row = either take a pause or go to play a bit on low tiers

• Cool 1

[WONLY]
Players
427 posts

don't think too much about it. there are these days.....especially on weekend. i could barely manage to keep 50% over the last weekend, rank 1 EP almost every game...and i even played a lot of low and midtier. but nope...can't carry afk-cvs and no-camo yolo dds. god i hate cv-games after this weekend, didn't get the good one for ONCE. always the no-camo scrub with no air supremacy and idling fighters in a corner of a map. tilted me so hard that i almost deinstalled this game again.

play some more games and avoid the weekend tomatos. if you were good before, you should get back to the level you were.