You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
StakamanWT

Regarding New Competitive Reward system

7 comments in this topic

[WGP2L]
Players
31 posts
12,087 battles

Since the new competitive reward system has been announced, I have a question I would like to put to the Dev-team.

Since the reward system will change to gathering steel as a resource to buy ships like the Flint, Black etc. what of the players who have currently achieved Rank 1 twice in ranked battles and are well on their way for one more Rank 1 to get the Flint?

Will there be some contingency in place for those players or will they have to start from scratch to get the Flint?

I am one of those players and it would really really suck if I had to go through the whole process from the start in order to get the Flint now that I am only 1 ranked season away from getting it. Could we please have an answer to this question?

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
24 minutes ago, StakamanWT said:

Since the reward system will change to gathering steel as a resource to buy ships like the Flint, Black etc. what of the players who have currently achieved Rank 1 twice in ranked battles and are well on their way for one more Rank 1 to get the Flint?

They said you can keep getting ships the same way as previously. Get one more R1 and you get your Flint.

Steel is just an alternative version - I can ignore Ranked and play only CB, and I still would be able to get that ship

Players
1,911 posts
12 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Steel is just an alternative version - I can ignore Ranked and play only CB, and I still would be able to get that ship

Finally.

• Cool 1

[GG-EZ]
Players
2,631 posts
13,495 battles
6 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

Finally.

Well duh.

I don't know if you have seen the kots stream saturday, but suboctavian made the case clear, what we all know, that ranked has nothing to do with "ranks", but is just a variation of the shitfest (not his words :Smile_hiding:) we know as randoms, and that if you want to go for a real competitive mode, you know, that is skill based etc, they kindly refer you to CBs.

Later they also said some other stuff about the keepstar system, that made me think they have given up fully on improving ranked as smt that actually has something to do with, you know, actual ranks.

I've seen them say that somewhere else recently as well (reddit?)

Anyhoo, making rewards independent of ranked is the next logical step then...

• Cool 1

Players
164 posts
27,106 battles
13 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I support this product/service:cap_like: