Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

IDS_GERCAP

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[THESO]
Players
4,359 posts

So ...

 

Interesting name ... doesnt sound German at all :cap_haloween:

 

So I was wondering ... where you gonna use the captain.

After some reconsideration I concluded that best spot for him would be on Hindy.

At first I thought ... yeah ... vigilance stacked with hydro ... z52. But ... turns out 19pt just aint enough for that.

 

How do you feel about this Hindy (reload - stealth build with catapult fighter and def AA) build?

Im beginning to feel that 19pts is getting damn limited - or my imagination is just too damn wide.

 

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000011100010000001010000000119

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

I can only reiterate what I already said here.

 

Captain seems ok if you want a suboptimal build and want more for essentially not speccing into better skills. Other than that, I contemplated Gneisenau, because it has no hydro and doesn't need EM. But really, whatever you put this captain on, you'll always be wondering "Which ship gets the most out of these two skills I might not take otherwise?" and more importantly "Which ship is least impacted by not taking other skills?"

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
4,359 posts
1 hour ago, Riselotte said:

I can only reiterate what I already said here.

 

Captain seems ok if you want a suboptimal build and want more for essentially not speccing into better skills. Other than that, I contemplated Gneisenau, because it has no hydro and doesn't need EM. But really, whatever you put this captain on, you'll always be wondering "Which ship gets the most out of these two skills I might not take otherwise?" and more importantly "Which ship is least impacted by not taking other skills?"

Thanx man, that thread musta slipped away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
2 hours ago, nambr9 said:

So ...

 

Interesting name ... doesnt sound German at all :cap_haloween:

 

So I was wondering ... where you gonna use the captain.

After some reconsideration I concluded that best spot for him would be on Hindy.

At first I thought ... yeah ... vigilance stacked with hydro ... z52. But ... turns out 19pt just aint enough for that.

 

How do you feel about this Hindy (reload - stealth build with catapult fighter and def AA) build?

Im beginning to feel that 19pts is getting damn limited - or my imagination is just too damn wide.

 

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1000000011100010000001010000000119

 

 

high alert? on a cruiser? wut? :cap_hmm: I'd definitely run Expert Loader and something else (Preventative Maintenance or Incoming Fire Alert) instead.

Also, I personally like taking Spotter Plane on a reload Hindi - you know how campy T10 sometimes gets, and having that extra range really helps early on. Not that CataFighters are useless, but... I just dont like being out of range :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
4,359 posts
14 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

high alert? on a cruiser? wut? :cap_hmm: I'd definitely run Expert Loader and something else (Preventative Maintenance or Incoming Fire Alert) instead.

Also, I personally like taking Spotter Plane on a reload Hindi - you know how campy T10 sometimes gets, and having that extra range really helps early on. Not that CataFighters are useless, but... I just dont like being out of range :Smile_teethhappy:

 

Yeah cata plane combined with reload mod works well.

About the high alert ... well .. I had 2 pts left, and both 1pt skills you mentioned felt ... meh.

High alert on the other hand should work in favor of the heal consumable when your ship is blazing. Didnt say its optimal, but not many choices left (except last stand as an alternative) :Smile_amazed:

 

The more Im lookin at the options the more I have a feeling that this captain will be sleeping in the reserves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts
5 hours ago, Riselotte said:

I can only reiterate what I already said here.

 

Captain seems ok if you want a suboptimal build and want more for essentially not speccing into better skills. Other than that, I contemplated Gneisenau, because it has no hydro and doesn't need EM. But really, whatever you put this captain on, you'll always be wondering "Which ship gets the most out of these two skills I might not take otherwise?" and more importantly "Which ship is least impacted by not taking other skills?"

Being also of that mindset, I picked T-22. Has worse smoke and lacks the sonar to make up for it, so JOAT+vigilance fills those gaps by giving me smoke back earlier and offering a stand-in for sonar. Just add CE and it's time to farm Kamikazes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
7,005 posts

I thonk it would be great for Hind but i already have a similar build on it with 19 points and just for that little extra in skill bonuses i am not doing another 10-19 grind so i put him on biz/tirp maybee that vigilance offsets some of that asashio spam bullcr*p that happens lately i ll add FP and AFT to his special skills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
3,114 posts
23,021 battles

Hmm, personally. I think those 2 skills would be useful in a ship, that is somewhat consumable-dependent to perform well (like Akitsuki or other IJN torp-boosted equippedDD's) OR a Cruiser, which is specced for DD hunting (AND has plenty consumables to burn). Sadly Germans do not have any ships, to combine BOTH requirements at the moment. Was thinking about getting Prinz Eugen and speccing her, as a DD hunter just because of that but MEH, so far i haven't. Perhaps next X-mas then. Fairly useless skillset combo, I must admit.:Smile_amazed:

 

Perhaps now is the ideal time to introduce the CL Emden (the WW2 version), as a DD hunter-CL with smoke / hydro / Def AA / radar or some such combination...:cap_hmm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×