You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sark74

Friendly Fire issues..

30 comments in this topic

Players
205 posts
5,313 battles

my last 2 games... have had Bizarre incidents that's had me banished to Co-op for 12 games.. 

Game 1, On the Edinburgh, i smoke up and open fire on various targets, going well for 30 seconds then all of a sudden, "Dont fire at your Allies".... fire again!.. "Dont fire at your Aliies!"... look and an Atlanta dumped himself in front of my rear guns... I ask him to move, he replies, "Shush!, this is my smoke now"... fair enough.. i shoot again.. I'm Pink... great!.. I hate being pink!.. my technically my fault even tho the full HP Atlanta is a *edit!..  

Game 2, I drop down to lower tiers as i don't like to play higher tiers as Pink.. i have a few low tier BB's i don't, so I'm in a battle on my Kaiser with a Kaiser and Wyoming who are trying to flank the carrier, an Emil Bertin Sails in front on my guns with zero hp... and just as i fire... bang!... "You've sunk an Allied cruiser!"... WTF!!.. the guy even said sorry ...lol.. 

but now im restricted to 12 coop games?? ARE YOU MAD? .. I'm not playing 12 co-op games.. i'd understand if i sent wild torps at a bunch of ships and 1 stray caught an allied.. but 1 *edit and a 1 incident of bad timing as screwed me over... Is there anyway to get this reversed?? as i refuse to play 12 co-op games.. even if i AFK em .. 

hell no!.JPG

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx
Inappropriate remarks

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

No, there is no way to get it reversed.

It generally is a good idea to leave binocular mode and look around you every now and then. The EB incident is kind of unfortunate, the Atlanta one though... Why do you continue shooting when you hit an ally, instead of just moving forward/back at 1/4 speed for a few metres and get a clear shot? You knew the Atlanta was there after the first few warnings and your exchange, even if the Atlanta is a *edit though, just keeping on firing is not the way to go.

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx
Inappropriate remarks

Players
205 posts
5,313 battles
On 5/27/2018 at 3:10 PM, Riselotte said:

Why do you continue shooting when you hit an ally

that i have no answer, i just thought the check of this *edit... "Shush!, this is my smoke now".. from a ranked 1 player was too EJ for my liking ... my fault totally, i have no complaints about the disciplinary action taken for that incident.. 

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx
Inappropriate remarks

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
16 minutes ago, Sark74 said:

. my fault totally, i have no complaints about the disciplinary action taken for that incident.. 

then... what are you complaining about? you messed up twice in two consecutive games...

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
On 5/27/2018 at 3:19 PM, Sark74 said:

that i have no answer, i just thought the check of this *edit... "Shush!, this is my smoke now".. from a ranked 1 player was too EJ for my liking ... my fault totally, i have no complaints about the disciplinary action taken for that incident.. 

he stoled your smoke!!? :cap_fainting:

• Funny 3

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,983 posts
13,411 battles

Even if a friendly steals your smoke I'd suggest stop firing and move away from the friendly.  Otherwise, you have to accept the consequences.

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,671 battles
5 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Before the smoke change mechanics, poor little RN CL's in their little smoke blob were ramming practice for friendly Bismark and Tirpitz sailors.

• Cool 1

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
On 5/27/2018 at 3:02 PM, Sark74 said:

my last 2 games... have had Bizarre incidents that's had me banished to Co-op for 12 games.. 

Why don't we have clapping emoji?

Game 1, On the Edinburgh, i smoke up and open fire on various targets, going well for 30 seconds then all of a sudden, "Dont fire at your Allies".... fire again!.. "Dont fire at your Aliies!"

ZOOM OUT BETWEEN YOUR SHOTS AND LOOK AROUND

Also you can move in your smoke, just because Atlanta takes up a small bit of it doesn't mean you have to keep shooting him like an *edit

Game 2, I drop down to lower tiers as i don't like to play higher tiers as Pink.. i have a few low tier BB's i don't, so I'm in a battle on my Kaiser with a Kaiser and Wyoming who are trying to flank the carrier, an Emil Bertin Sails in front on my guns with zero hp... and just as i fire... bang!... "You've sunk an Allied cruiser!"...

ZOOM OUT BETWEEN YOUR SHOTS AND LOOK AROUND

Both are 100% your carelessness and your fault, I'd say you deserve way more than just 12 battles :fish_palm:

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx
Inappropriate remarks
  • Cool 4
  • Angry 1

Players
205 posts
5,313 battles
28 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Both are 100% your carelessness and your fault, I'd say you deserve way more than just 12 battles :fish_palm:

haha.. :D 

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,721 posts
21,065 battles

Look another thread showcasing how great the changes to team damage are. :Smile_sceptic:

WG should remove it completely, but we know that won't happen. Customer satisfaction is anathema to WG.

• Bad 2

Players
205 posts
5,313 battles
43 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Maybe you can give me some tips on how to be a great British cruisers capt while giving all my smokes away?? I do that on my Sims yeah. nice long smoke walls etc.. Maybe i've been playing British Cruisers wrong all this time... please enlighten me with your great and wise words oh great one!!.. 

Players
237 posts
7,973 battles

For sure it was his fault to fire on in the first place, but even if you go out of bino mode and get back in someone can move infront of your guns. I had that more than once. You look around, you aim, you fire, baam someone moved infront of you while you were aiming. The is no right click mechanic that can prevent that. A warner might help, but even then not always. Just think about it. How often have you fired and in the same second you fired the mountain symbol popped up and half of your salvo ended up in an island.
The second time something happend it could even that someone rammed him from his team. With the new penalty system they made things worse, not better.

First of all with the amount of penalty damage you get now it is better they would sink you immediatly, because there is no big difference. With 5k damage to a friendly you get up to 30k damage back. Why up to? It seems to be dependent from you ship. There seem to be a mechanic, that prevents you from being killed and leave your ship with at least something aroung 1k health. For most ships this means it would better if they would sink you.
Second those 5k damage makes you pink, when it starts I can't say, but with the new system I've seen

• ships going pink while ramming
  • ships going pink even though the damage they made was at a division member
  • bots getting pink

Always the amount of penalty damage was enormous. Even a small scratch can now nearly kill yourself.

They should revert to the old system and make a full rework on the actual one.

• Bad 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
14 minutes ago, Sark74 said:

Maybe you can give me some tips on how to be a great British cruisers capt while giving all my smokes away?? I do that on my Sims yeah. nice long smoke walls etc.. Maybe i've been playing British Cruisers wrong all this time... please enlighten me with your great and wise words oh great one!!.. 

usually you can fit a couple of ships in a single smoke. If I see a smoke in my Atlanta, I sure as hell will borrow it. Helps the team to win.

• Bad 1

Players
237 posts
7,973 battles

Borrowing the smoke and blocking someone else in the smoke from firing intentionally are two total different things. Don't you think so too?
I have no problems with other player using my smoke, but I don't like it, if the block me from firing while doing it.

• Cool 1

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,149 posts
29,289 battles

Just play the 12 co-op games and think of it as experience learned, but like one other person said, come out of the bins and check you are safe from hitting any allies. 

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,906 battles
6 minutes ago, Captain_Loeffel said:

Borrowing the smoke and blocking someone else in the smoke from firing intentionally are two total different things. Don't you think so too?
I have no problems with other player using my smoke, but I don't like it, if the block me from firing while doing it.

Yes, but unless you have a replay and want to put that forth as a case of intentionality then fine, otherwise, the game mechanics are there for a reason.

Players
237 posts
7,973 battles
1 minute ago, Juanx said:

Yes, but unless you have a replay and want to put that forth as a case of intentionality then fine, otherwise, the game mechanics are there for a reason.

That's right, but the actual penalty system isn't fair at all. You can also see it in a video from iChaseGaming. It needs a full rework. The old system was far much fairer.

• Cool 1

Players
906 posts
10,068 battles

I'm constantly switching in and out of binocular view to avoid exactly that. Shooting the Atlanta seemed like a good idea - and is something I would do - but hitting the Emile Bertin is entirely up to you. 

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
41 minutes ago, Sark74 said:

I think even British cruiser smoke can accommodate a British CL and the oversized DD that is the Atlanta without getting claustrophobic. If you really think the smoke cloud is too small, there is a 2 pt captain skill to make larger clouds.

• Cool 1

Players
237 posts
7,973 battles

Then I must say your flawless system works very very strange. My last team damage, except damage by ramming, is at least 6 month ago and there was someone running infront of my guns. I zoomed in, aimed, fired, and hit three shells of my aft turret the cruiser, that just moved infront of me. Even setting him on fire. Even though it wasn't fully my fault I appologized, but he didn't extinguished the flames. He got quite some damage, but I didn't get pink that time.

20180521_183431.png

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, Sark74 said:

haha.. :D 

Wan't even a joke, if those 2 went like you described you should get 20+ games punishment

Players
205 posts
5,313 battles
28 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Wan't even a joke, if those 2 went like you described you should get 20+ games punishment

LMAO! :D 

its working out well. tho.. i just set my edinburgh on full speed.. sit back .. and farm secondery shots.. so its a blessing in disguise.. :) dont even have to use the main guns :) 

97 in my first 5 battles 

Players
4 posts
1,449 battles
3 hours ago, Sark74 said:

Game 1, On the Edinburgh, i smoke up and open fire on various targets, going well for 30 seconds then all of a sudden, "Dont fire at your Allies".... fire again!.. "Dont fire at your Aliies!"... look and an Atlanta dumped himself in front of my rear guns... I ask him to move, he replies, "Shush!, this is my smoke now"... fair enough.. i shoot again.. I'm Pink... great!.. I hate being pink!.. my technically my fault even tho the full HP Atlanta is a douche bag!..  

Game 2, I drop down to lower tiers as i don't like to play higher tiers as Pink.. i have a few low tier BB's i don't, so I'm in a battle on my Kaiser with a Kaiser and Wyoming who are trying to flank the carrier, an Emil Bertin Sails in front on my guns with zero hp... and just as i fire... bang!... "You've sunk an Allied cruiser!"... WTF!!.. the guy even said sorry ...lol.. 

but now im restricted to 12 coop games?? ARE YOU MAD? .. I'm not playing 12 co-op games.. i'd understand if i sent wild torps at a bunch of ships and 1 stray caught an allied.. but 1 idiot and a 1 incident of bad timing as screwed me over... Is there anyway to get this reversed?? as i refuse to play 12 co-op games.. even if i AFK em .. 

hell no!.JPG

I have the same problem. Once I let my shells fly I can't control where they are going. If some "Friendly" crosses the path of my shells at the wrong time I get a warning.
The best one is,is when they run into me. They get a warning, and I get docked points, and warned.

• Cool 1