You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Boris_MNE

Community, where we have failed? Where?

38 comments in this topic

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles

For playing CV ... it requires:
123456789 numbers

ALT

Mouse

Little brain

So, where we have failed? Please..

1-6 is in most cases for squadrons. Only 2 ships have more than 6 squadrons.

Alt is for manual attack.

Mouse -> left click for planes, right click for ship.

Beta Tester
289 posts
11,865 battles

This is the most toxic online community I have ever participated in. Sorry but honest truth. Too much compete and too little cooperate. Too much me and no we.

• Cool 6

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
2 minutes ago, FloRead said:

This is the most toxic online community I have ever participated in. Sorry but honest truth. Too much compete and too little cooperate. Too much me and no we.

One have not played League of Legends.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,953 battles
8 minutes ago, FloRead said:

People disagreeing with you and pointing how wrong you are is not "toxic".

That word is so overused now it has lost all its meaning, and its all thanks to snowflakes like you...

• Cool 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
891 posts
8,490 battles
13 minutes ago, FloRead said:

That is not true at all. Tanks are much worse..... :Smile_ohmy:

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
289 posts
11,865 battles
10 minutes ago, Juanx said:

People disagreeing with you and pointing how wrong you are is not "toxic".

That word is so overused now it has lost all its meaning, and its all thanks to snowflakes like you...

Stop being such a gammon. This thread alone shows how this community has failed. 

Every thread has has hundreds of inane insults and epeening thrown about that one mostly loses the will to read further before realizing that one special snowflake in that thread actually replies sensibly with useful information but many will have missed it.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,175 posts
9,431 battles
6 minutes ago, FloRead said:

Stop being such a gammon. This thread alone shows how this community has failed. 

Every thread has has hundreds of inane insults and epeening thrown about that one mostly loses the will to read further before realizing that one special snowflake in that thread actually replies sensibly with useful information but many will have missed it.

Having spent quite a bit on this forum I sort of agree but not entirely. If you start a thread that is based on rage and broken english, yeah that thread is not going anywhere. However if you are constructive or ask a question there are plenty of helpful posts.

And IMO this is not the worst community I have been apart of, WoT, League, War Thunder as some examples are equal or much worse.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
1 hour ago, Boris_MNE said:

TIL. I always just pressed 1 and leftclicked with that.

Beta Tester
289 posts
11,865 battles
7 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Having spent quite a bit on this forum I sort of agree but not entirely. If you start a thread that is based on rage and broken english, yeah that thread is not going anywhere. However if you are constructive or ask a question there are plenty of helpful posts.

And IMO this is not the worst community I have been apart of, WoT, League, War Thunder as some examples are equal or much worse.

I can't speak for World of Tanks or War Thunder. Never played those 2.

League of Legends, I have to disagree. Yes, there is a lot of epeening and dumbness on the forums but the community in general is solid in that you get a lot of superb guides on how to play each character, specific build guides, strategies everywhere. In short, a lot of help is readily available for the baby potato to learn how to play better. There are also plenty of solid links and ways to point the baby potato to finding these resources to learn to play better.

Where does the baby potato learn to play better in World of Warships? The average newcomer, by being nothing constructive or contributory can easily get to Tier 3 blindly and then becoming a total liability to a team's effort. Add to that the community's reluctance to help, preferring to call the team all kinds of names. Then look at the whole interface in general, where does the newcomer go to learn how to play this game better? We talk so much about players not knowing how to play carriers but don't you think we actually have a bigger, more fundamental problem with actually knowing how to play the game in the first place?

[COMFY]
Players
1,412 posts
8,480 battles
48 minutes ago, FloRead said:

Nah, there are far worse. WoWs doesn't really stand out from multiplayer titles in that term.

Try playing some FPS games on Russian servers. You will experience the true level of toxicity.

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,175 posts
9,431 battles
53 minutes ago, FloRead said:

We talk so much about players not knowing how to play carriers but don't you think we actually have a bigger, more fundamental problem with actually knowing how to play the game in the first place?

Ever since Beta we have asked and complained about proper tutorials and tips implemented in the game, but so far WG have not really delivered. So it has somewhat fallen on the community to teach the playerbase but that is not how it should work. The basics is what WG should teach and the community should be there for more advanced tips and tricks or other questions. 

Players
1,423 posts
8,753 battles

Hey, we must keep a healthy and plenty population of seals!!
Ahem... So... yeah, carriers are point and click, no tactics, just pick your target and erase it from the map (specially Clevelands, Neptune, Minotaur and Des moines, you should attack these first).

• Funny 5

Alpha Tester, Players
5,335 posts
35,510 battles
3 hours ago, tank276 said:

That is not true at all. Tanks are much worse...

agree on this :)

1 hour ago, Sargento_YO said:

specially Clevelands, Neptune, Minotaur and Des moines, you should attack these first).

as always , or if they to heavy aa just avoid :P

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,847 posts
17,778 battles

In order to answer your question I used a combination of old memes and my mad MS Paint skillz:

image.jpeg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 19

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles
5 hours ago, FloRead said:

League of Legends, I have to disagree. Yes, there is a lot of epeening and dumbness on the forums but the community in general is solid in that you get a lot of superb guides on how to play each character, specific build guides, strategies everywhere. In short, a lot of help is readily available for the baby potato to learn how to play better. There are also plenty of solid links and ways to point the baby potato to finding these resources to learn to play better.

The WoWs community is very solid in general, and there are tons of guides for ships, builds, and strategies. Many of them are easily findable on the forums. If not that, there's a strong YouTube presence. The community has not failed in that aspect.

LoL's community is far more toxic than WoT, which is more toxic than WoWs. For a PvP game, WoWs has a very respectable and polite community.

5 hours ago, FloRead said:

Where does the baby potato learn to play better in World of Warships? The average newcomer, by being nothing constructive or contributory can easily get to Tier 3 blindly and then becoming a total liability to a team's effort. Add to that the community's reluctance to help, preferring to call the team all kinds of names. Then look at the whole interface in general, where does the newcomer go to learn how to play this game better? We talk so much about players not knowing how to play carriers but don't you think we actually have a bigger, more fundamental problem with actually knowing how to play the game in the first place?

What you're talking about here is one, bullcrap, since players are not reluctant to help at all. If they're reluctant, that's probably because they've detected a noob who doesn't want to learn, or someone who just wants to complain, and two, Wargaming's problem with relying almost entirely on the community to provide support for new players. There's a very brief tutorial that covers the very basics of how to play the game, but other than that, WG likes to throw new players very quickly into the fray. There are also those small loading screen tips.

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,467 posts
20,573 battles
7 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

[...]

Little brain

Well, there's the problem. Anything that requires even the slightest amount of brainpower to achieve in this game is far too complicated for the average player.

• Cool 1

[SLAPP]
Players
1,431 posts
9,038 battles
8 hours ago, FloRead said:

your probably only played this aand maybe tetris online? 

8 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

So, where we have failed? Please.

the answer of that question can rock the foundation of WOWS.

• Funny 1

[WCWVE]
Players
1,051 posts
16,831 battles
10 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

123456789 numbers

ALT

Mouse

Little brain

So, where we have failed? Please..

1-6 is in most cases for squadrons. Only 2 ships have more than 6 squadrons.

Alt is for manual attack.

Actually you do not need the keypad numbers as you can select the individual squadron icons from the lineup on screen which actually makes this simpler still 

Beta Tester
4,711 posts
11,220 battles
10 hours ago, FloRead said:

And your post right here is a case of being toxic.

[LEGIO]
[LEGIO]
Players
638 posts
9,631 battles
8 minutes ago, AgarwaenME said:

How and why is his post toxic mate? 

Beta Tester
4,711 posts
11,220 battles
2 minutes ago, darkstar73 said:

Besides generalizing the entire community and insulting it?

Beta Tester
289 posts
11,865 battles
1 hour ago, AgarwaenME said:

1 hour ago, darkstar73 said:

1 hour ago, AgarwaenME said:

Besides generalizing the entire community and insulting it?

AgarwaenME is right. My post was toxic, whether I wanted it or not. It contributed nothing to the community, considering how this thread itself contributes nothing except whine.

But I am part of the community and I am included in my own description and I accept that. Not going to deny it.

Yet if this community feels that's unfair, all we have to do is look around. Constantly calling the general population brainless potatoes and idiots. Constantly insulting the general population of the game. How long has WoWS been out? If everyone is playing like brainless idiots, are we saying very few players actually learnt how to play after all this time? Are we trying to say that this game is so darn complicated that one has to be a rocket scientist to play it?

If it is, how much help are we giving fellow players? I look at the general guides forum and the new player questions forums and the amount of noise there is too much. How much can I really learn without wasting hours trawling through a lot of useless noise? Just put yourself in the shoes of a brand new player who joins the game. How or where does she learn everything she needs to play?

• Cool 2