You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IrishAce

OP destroyers with radar

51 comments in this topic

[BUNTS]
Players
15 posts
5,981 battles

Destroyers with radar is to op  against order destroyed is unfair 

the game has come unplayable specially for new players or medium players

people will give up the game because this is overpowered with radar.

I Believe in a fair and balance game.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Meh I couldn't rank out in a Yue Yang with radar and I'm an experienced DD user.

Needed the Monty.

Nerf BBs?

• Funny 4

Players
1,911 posts
15 minutes ago, IrishAce said:

Instead of complaining that ships are OP, how about you educate yourself on the game and game mechanics? 

It is not OP and i'm guessing you met a Pan Asian DD. They have to give up smoke to use radar. You just got outplayed. Look at the teamlist next time and look for ships that is a threat to you. Learn which ships have/can use radar and always keep in mind that you can be radar'd at any time. 

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts
31 minutes ago, IrishAce said:

Best not play a free-to-play game then... WOWS is a cavelcade of power creep cycles and the entertainment to be found in it is revelling in WG's inanity.

• Cool 4

[TOXIC]
Players
4,786 posts
12,246 battles
24 minutes ago, IrishAce said:

PA DDs have Radar, yes, but it's short range and short duration. It can be an extremely nasty surprise for the enemy DD that smokes up but it doesn't do all that much otherwise. In the end it's basically sacrificing your smoke for an ability to deny smoke to to the enemy DD... for a brief while.

Of course there are many ways to tactically employ a Radar with more range than your concealment radius - but there are just as many ways to tactically employ smoke. In some scenarios the PA DDs with Radar configuration can be powerful - but that's the reward for getting a situational tool over something easy to use in many situations. A smokeless DD has plenty restrictions on her tactical choices, after all - enough to not be OP.

[BUNTS]
Players
15 posts
5,981 battles
14 hours ago, eliastion said:

PA DDs have Radar, yes, but it's short range and short duration. It can be an extremely nasty surprise for the enemy DD that smokes up but it doesn't do all that much otherwise. In the end it's basically sacrificing your smoke for an ability to deny smoke to to the enemy DD... for a brief while.

Of course there are many ways to tactically employ a Radar with more range than your concealment radius - but there are just as many ways to tactically employ smoke. In some scenarios the PA DDs with Radar configuration can be powerful - but that's the reward for getting a situational tool over something easy to use in many situations. A smokeless DD has plenty restrictions on her tactical choices, after all - enough to not be OP.  radar over a smoke is op, it is your position to everybody

14 hours ago, StringWitch said:

Best not play a free-to-play game then... WOWS is a cavelcade of power creep cycles and the entertainment to be found in it is revelling in WG's inanity.

sorry I don't use mods is like you hacks.

i am old school.

I don't promote any cheating in any way

15 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

Instead of complaining that ships are OP, how about you educate yourself on the game and game mechanics? 

It is not OP and i'm guessing you met a Pan Asian DD. They have to give up smoke to use radar. You just got outplayed. Look at the teamlist next time and look for ships that is a threat to you. Learn which ships have/can use radar and always keep in mind that you can be radar'd at any time. 

I Believe in a fair and balance game 

15 hours ago, Negativvv said:

Meh I couldn't rank out in a Yue Yang with radar and I'm an experienced DD user.

Needed the Monty.

Nerf BBs?

sorry I got rank 10 I didn't have the ships to carry on

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,786 posts
12,246 battles
2 hours ago, IrishAce said:

radar over a smoke is op, it is your position to everybody

Not sure what you're trying to say here, but... if you mean to say that having Radar instead of smoke is OP, you're just wrong. It's an extremely weak Radar. It has its uses, but isn't nearly as scary as Z-52's hydro, for example. And that ship still has smoke, although a miserable one.

i am old school.

Being a vanilla player myself, I feel obliged to point out that doing things allowed by the rules (like using approved mods) is, by definition, not cheating.

I Believe in a fair and balance game 

Well, your faith seems pretty weak if you make threads about things being OP instead of learning how to counter them. Most "OP" things appear to be so only based on the opponent's inability to deal with them properly:

- torps are OP if you sail in straight lines at constant speed.

- AP shells are OP if you expose your broadside a lot.

- fires are OP if you overextend and put out the first fire that you get...

Lots of things seem brokenly OP to people with l2p issues. Once you learn the game mechanics, you also learn how to counter enemy "OP" tools and how to use your own ship's strengths to full effect, so that they will start appearing OP to not as skilled opponents. It's hard to use PA Radar well, it's easy to avoid suffering from PA Radar and not having a smoke is a huge weakness for any PA DD that decides to take Radar. Therefore - not OP.

There are two PA DDs that can really be deemed OP - one is Gadjah Mada (no Radar) and Lo Yang (No Radar but instead Hydro AND smoke) that happens to be one of your 5 most played ships. Also, while we're talking OP and Radar being available to classes that probably shouldn't have it - there's also Missouri (top three of your most played ships). How is it that you complain about supposedly OP Radar on ships that you don't play and have no idea about - but you're ok with two ships that really might be too powerful due to their detection consumables... and happen to be played by you a lot?

• Cool 9

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
3 hours ago, IrishAce said:

i am old school.

There are plenty of approved mods, they most definitely aren't cheating, they just improve the look and feel of the UI. I actively hate cheating too.

As to ships using the tools available to them, that's not unfair. There is ONE DD with radar and smoke the Black which is a reward ship, it has torps so slow that a few ships can almost outrun them.

The Pan Asian DD's from Tier 8 can equip a radar, but they have to give up their smoke to do it, the radar is very short duration so it's reliant on the team being useful and actively shooting what their radar spots which is a big ask for randoms.

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

I preferred smoke over radar in YY, so I wouldn't consider the radar in YY OP. It was too situational for me. People kept telling me it was the 'wrong' way to play YY. I doubt they played YY in ranked themselves though.

• Cool 1

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles
7 hours ago, IrishAce said:

wait till you meet CV with radar and missiles.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,786 posts
12,246 battles
2 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

wait till you meet CV with radar and missiles.

A CV with Radar would be hilarious, though. A CV with this consumable would actually have a solid reason to - on many maps - try and get very close to the front, behind a big island (it's perfectly possible on some maps - North from the "correct" spawn being the most obvious as you can position a CV so that two caps are covered by Radar while the Radar ship can't really be shot at, even if she gets spotted (although a good AA cruiser on the other side of the mountain would be a disaster, shredding planes through the mountain as they try to take off).

Anyway, this would be so ridiculous that I'd like to see it next Prima Aprilis :Smile_teethhappy:

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,979 posts
7,359 battles

Radar on Pan-Asia DD is mostly useful in competitive. And by "competitive" I mean :

- Tournaments such as KoTS

- Clan Battle

In any other mode, you're better off using Z-52, Z-46 or Lo Yang, as the hydro+smoke is quite the powerful combination.

And even in tier VIII, I would put Kidd, Akizuki and Lo Yang as the three best DD. Akizuki doesn't even fear other radar DDs.

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,866 battles
Vor 7 Stunden, IrishAce sagte:

Bruh, get your facts straight. Radar on DDs exist only in hightier!

That means new players won't ever meet them.  And that obviously means it can't be unplayable for them.

• Cool 2

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu this one totally requires my seal.

RAGE_BORIS.png

Nerf Radar DDs who give up smoke to have radar. They are legit op.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,838 posts
17,744 battles
6 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

RAGE_BORIS.png

Somebody really stepped up their seal game...

• Cool 3

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
8 hours ago, IrishAce said:

... Become a better player then?

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,938 battles
9 hours ago, IrishAce said:

Your stats would seem to imply the game is barely playable by yourself, how about a lil "L2P" for your troubles?

And you are and old school gamer? Doubt it, old school gamers were used to overcome difficulty, you are moaning that something that can be countered outplayed you, wich means YOU are bad, not the mechanic...

[BLITZ]
Players
2,842 posts
11,421 battles
38 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

meanwhile, OP's most played destroyer: Lo Yang. Yeah, figures... :fish_palm:

Lo Yang can get radared too... :Smile_ohmy:

• Funny 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
3 hours ago, ShinGetsu said:

And even in tier VIII, I would put Kidd, Akizuki and Lo Yang as the three best DD. Akizuki doesn't even fear other radar DDs.

The lack of Harekaze in this lineup disturbs me. It may not have the hp and the fourth turret of the Akizuki, but 5.4 km concealment, better handling and a second torp launcher are still excellent compensation for a different, but still flexible and interesting playstyle, imo.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,800 posts
7,247 battles

The radar DD's are not that big of a deal tbh, theyr radar is short, and after they use it since they have to give up smoke, you can then ghost them and watch them dissapear, now hydro is more annoying if you get caught though :Smile_Default:

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

... I'm not sure I even want to know what kind of trainwreck your thought process was to respond to this:

11 hours ago, StringWitch said:

With that:

11 hours ago, IrishAce said:

i am old school.

Seriously, what the hell?

Players
205 posts
5,313 battles
12 hours ago, IrishAce said:

in a certain sense i agree, Radar is OP and ships like the Lo Yang does have certain advantaged no doubt, I pretty much gave up trying to cap at the start of games in my Kagero if a Loyang is on the opposite team.. no point in dying for a cap.. re-take it once the starting scuffle as started... I just sail past to everyone fury, "Cap A/B/C you noob!".. I've had many times.. But i just go and spot/torp with all the radar at T8+ now.. its pretty pointless running smoke on DD's ... i prefer to run Torpedo reload booster over smoke, And another complaint, whats up with teams now not supporting the DD's ... get into a knife fight on my Mahan and everyone else is shooting at the BB's 18km away...  Sort it out!.. 

I for 1 wouldnt be upset if radar vanished over night .. lol :D but thats just me.. :) would make my life on an IJN DD so much better 

• Cool 2

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
34 minutes ago, Sark74 said:

Lo Yang does have certain advantaged no doubt

LoYang has hydro not radar (shorter range, longer active time, spots torps too)