Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

Bismark

8 comments in this topic

Question

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles

Yesterday I finally acquired my  personal Big fat Lady, and oh boy, it's fat.

I know, it's a stock ship and all, but I am annoyed with one thing, I was surprised how little fires I get from my secondaries.

Even with my uber cruiser (gneise) tics, going in extremely close and... nothing.

I had games, co-op where I'm brawling two, three bbs at the same time and it's no fires or 1 or two.

Is my big fat lady with performance issues?

My gneisenau can do that with a leg tied behind his head.

thRHHETIP7.jpg.83443931dd33b612676d8f347c98d3b2.jpg

How can I make it "sing"?

thank you.

7 answers to this question

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Stock Bismark being bad? You kidding?

It's the only ship I've ever played on which I wondered why did they even bother introducing any upgrades on it, it's already a monster while completely stock.

And those fires - 1st of all bad luck, 2nd - those guns themselves do have pretty low fire chances (when shooting a tier 8 ship your secondaries have about 3% (105s) and 5% (150s) chance of setting fire)

[L4GG]
Players
3,470 posts
11,259 battles
4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Bad luck.

1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Stock Bismark being bad? You kidding?

It's the only ship I've ever played on which I wondered why did they even bother introducing any upgrades on it, it's already a monster while completely stock.

And those fires - 1st of all bad luck, 2nd - those guns themselves do have pretty low fire chances (when shooting a tier 8 ship your secondaries have about 3% (105s) and 5% (150s) chance of setting fire)

it's a lot of bad luck, then.

played a few games today and nothing to brag about in nº of fires.

I'm not saying it's bad...maybe my expectations were too high ? because it's not happening what I saw in the videos. (double fires and stuff)

am I missing something?

Well I just went from a 11s, rudder to a 22s rudder, from 32 knots to a 28.5 knots, so there's lot room to improve.

But that will come in place with time.

The fires, in other hand...

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

Too high expectations imo. It's a decent ship, but to me it seems you have to make a decision what you want from it and you're kind of handicapped regardless. Do the fun secondary build and you'll die rather quickly - you need to get in range to make use of it which often gets you in a vulnerable position, or do the tank build - which is kind of boring and have you rely on your teammates to do most damage.. ...and the secondaries are left unutilised. 19p captain will ofc help somewhat.

Players
112 posts

Even with the rudder module, its rudder time gets at best to 17.9 sec.

I think that's why it feels heavy, clumsy.

When you research and buy HULL B, you'll reach 12.8 sec with module, that's the same as Tirpitz. Then you'll get the best out of it.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
On 5/27/2018 at 11:36 AM, Zimbit said:

Even with the rudder module, its rudder time gets at best to 17.9 sec.

I think that's why it feels heavy, clumsy.

When you research and buy HULL B, you'll reach 12.8 sec with module, that's the same as Tirpitz. Then you'll get the best out of it.

Doesn't even need the module on top hull. I use damage control 2 instead and Bismarck handles still fine. If I really need to avoid torps or something, there's hydro and situational awareness to anticipate the torps. If it's to angle in and out for shots, still works most of the time and otherwise, what do you need some quick rudder for?

On 5/27/2018 at 2:31 AM, Butterdoll said:

am I missing something?

Well I just went from a 11s, rudder to a 22s rudder, from 32 knots to a 28.5 knots, so there's lot room to improve.

But that will come in place with time.

It's a stock hull. Something had to be garbage on it. There's worse. Get the better hull. Get decent rudder shift. Get rudder module if you really need a good rudder.

And yes, fire chance is not too great. It's not French. But fires will start and unlike French, you don't need IFHE for the 15 cm guns to hurt. Secondaries aren't that much of a boon anyway. Their greatest use is hurting smaller ships, scaring away people and helping win angled stand-offs.

[DKK]
Players
163 posts
3,321 battles

Well Bismarck is good, but i DD can sik her with its mainguns in one shot so she is made of cardboard, but not always, some times she can pack a punch.

Sign in to follow this