Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
tenacious_torps

Warning

21 comments in this topic

Players
1,373 posts

If you sell ships, make sure you got captain reserve slots. The damn GUI is broken yet again, you do not get any notication if you don't; captains will get dismissed... and then you get the notification. This has cost me several high point captains, because apparently I acquired some extremely shitty captains from missions and so on that have taken up all reserve slots, of which I thought I had plenty left. Yay, gg WG... Incompetent as ever and of course support won't help you in any way whatsoever, those captains are gone for good apparently.

Now... looking at the premium shop, I see that WG have decided to sell captains. In other words, I have suffered an economic loss due to WG's negligence, according to the faux economy they created. Ain't that sweet?

• Boring 1

[CU]
Players
331 posts
3,572 battles

It tells you when you sell the ships, either send to reserve to dismiss. I've done it myself.

Players
257 posts
3,083 battles

while it is true you should have checked the fact that the notification system informing you that the reserve was full was not working you may have a case to get them captains back.  

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,190 posts
22,708 battles

Tip: Keep your captains tidy and fire every 1/3/6-point captain you get immediately. Another tip: Read before you click.

I didn't think this could be possible, I have more than 150 free slots from missions and containers.

• Cool 3

Players
1,373 posts
1 minute ago, Warhawk1984 said:

while it is true you should have checked the fact that the notification system informing you that the reserve was full was not working you may have a case to get them captains back.  

Nope, support said they're unable to help, in other words either incompetent or unwilling. Am I extremely pissed off about it? Definitely.

• Bad 1

Players
1,373 posts
4 minutes ago, Malfuss said:

It tells you when you sell the ships, either send to reserve to dismiss. I've done it myself.

No, it didn't. Right click in port, sell ship. No notification about anything whatsoever with regards to the captain.

[CU]
Players
331 posts
3,572 battles

32 minutes ago, tenacious_torps said:

No, it didn't. Right click in port, sell ship. No notification about anything whatsoever with regards to the captain.

Not even on the where you sell or keep the modules?

Untitled.jpg

[CATS]
Players
28,298 posts
14,932 battles
37 minutes ago, tenacious_torps said:

I didn't dismiss those captains.

Also: if you feel the need to suck up, do the sucking up to somebody present.

Captains get dismissed when you have no space for them.

You are  responsible for your officers. You could at least give them a bed to sleep.

Btw, if you do not like arguments, do not post on the forum. Tell it to your barber or bar man if you only expect compassionate answers.

• Cool 4

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,020 posts
13,520 battles

Where did the OP think that the captain was going when the ship was sold?  Did they think they would get another reserve slot to put them in?

Personally, I always move the captain into the reserve before selling the ship.   I have a premium ship for most lines so there is always a berth there for a dismissed captain.

Players
1,373 posts

@BrusilovX

2 hours ago, tenacious_torps said:

because apparently I acquired some extremely shitty captains from missions and so on that have taken up all reserve slots, of which I thought I had plenty left.

@Malfuss No

@ColonelPete Who said I want to argue? The purpose of posting this here is to warn others, so they don't walk into the same crap. Btw, wasn't [CATS] one of those clans with a sexist recruitment policy? Even more reason to not waste any further time on you, welcome to the ignore list.

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
28,298 posts
14,932 battles

This is a forum. Count on people to disagree with you.

And trying to divert from the topic by trying to start a new one is an quite obvious and weak tactic.

Players
1,373 posts

Looks like I'll have to igonire you the old-fashioned way. Hilarious, is there any GUI WG's responsible for, that's working even remotely close to intentions? Oh yes, I've never seen any payment feature malfunction... Well, priorities.

• Bad 1

[C1DFL]
[C1DFL]
Beta Tester
2,401 posts
14,214 battles

@tenacious_torps

Since it wasn´t mentioned yet ... do you have any kind of mods installed?

Some harbour mods like to screw with the UI sometimes, resulting in certain elements, messages or buttons to be wrongly displayed or even omitted entirely.

If you dismiss a captain (by whatever method) usually a warning message with a reset timer pops up on the right.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
891 posts
8,490 battles
3 hours ago, tenacious_torps said:

This has cost me several high point captains,

Several? Well we cant blame WG for being stupid, we can easily blame you cause it is true. I mean if it happened only once  I would understand, for several it means you are a special snowflake who doesnt learn from his mistakes.

of which I thought I had plenty left.

Why did you think that when the truth is you didnt have any port slots?

Yay, gg WG... Incompetent as ever

I am the only one seeing the irony?

3 hours ago, tenacious_torps said:

Now... looking at the premium shop, I see that WG have decided to sell captains. In other words, I have suffered an economic loss due to WG's negligence, according to the faux economy they created. Ain't that sweet?

Wut? What do the special cpts on sale in the premium shop has anything to do with your ignorance ?

• Cool 1

[WCWVE]
Players
1,051 posts
16,831 battles

Never, ever, categorically never ever sell any ships, you might find that you need those ships.

Secondly go through your officer reserve and dismiss all captains that do not have any stats, it is fairly easy, just select any ship and click on the commander, this will bring up the reserve and you can dismiss captains from there 

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
110 posts
5,331 battles

The OP needs to learn from this, ALWAYS read the windows that pop up when selling anything lol.

He claims he lost several high commanders like this, but surely after doing it once he should have realised his mistake and not repeat it again?

To OP take heed " All men make mistakes, but only wise men learn from their mistakes". - Winston Churchill

Also as been already said, iirc i have over 100 spare reserve slots, they pop up quite often in crates and missions

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,145 posts
5,540 battles

Also, in fact, seeing as commander reserve slots are on discount at the moment, there is no better time to increase your number available.

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles
8 hours ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

Never, ever, categorically never ever sell any ships, you might find that you need those ships.

I sell some if I don't think I'll ever use them, and I have at least one or two ships on that tier, preferably one of each type, and I really need the money (i.e. I'm too lazy to grind Missouri a few dozen matches). Or if I've run out of port slots and want to buy a new ship.

8 hours ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

Secondly go through your officer reserve and dismiss all captains that do not have any stats, it is fairly easy, just select any ship and click on the commander, this will bring up the reserve and you can dismiss captains from there 

I recently cleaned up about half my captains, including the redundant ARP captains, since I'd forgotten you can dismiss them now. Not really because I needed the space, since WG gives me more space all the time, but because it's just so cluttered with incompetent captains all over the place.

Sign in to follow this