Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TZB77

Ranked battles - tier X ships

6 comments in this topic

[EATB]
Players
87 posts
6,619 battles

Admittedly, I'm a scrub....allthough I'm improving....not quite used to play tier X ships as I don't find myself skilled enough to go top tier in random battles....allthough I do find myself in a lot of tier X battles when playing tier VIII ships (sigh)....still....as you guys know, when playing ranked, you are forced to play tier X from a certain point....of which I only have 2..Kurfurst and Yamato (and I dislike the Yamato as I always try to get stuck in). Anywho....last battle..95k damage (which for me is not bad at all, 1 kill, 1 flag, and constantly trying to protect our CA's)....we won the game....negative 10k credits....any tips on avoiding that....seems silly, certainly with a fairly good game....or am I totally wrong on this? 

[PNAVY]
Players
1,228 posts
41,111 battles

To solve this you need to:-

1- Get permanent Camo for your favorite T10 ship and that will help you gain credits even if your account isn't premium.

2- Get premium time to maximize your credit income.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,466 posts
20,572 battles
57 minutes ago, TZB77 said:

95k damage (which for me is not bad at all, 1 kill, 1 flag, and constantly trying to protect our CA's)....we won the game....negative 10k credits....any tips on avoiding that

Rewards are calculated in percentage of damage dealt, not in total damage dealt.

That means killing a T10 DD with ~20k damage dealt, which would be 100% of his HP, is going to earn you a lot more than doing 20k damage against a T10 BB, which only represents ~20% of his total HP. Thus killing 3 DDs with only ~60k damage dealt is going to earn you significantly more exp & credits than killing 1 BB with 100k damage dealt.

Furthermore:

Just getting the kill is equal to 15% HP damage.

40 plane kills equal a full 100% kill.

Tanking and spotting rewards are so minuscule you may as well disregard them.

It's more than possible to earn credits with T10 ships without premium and/or premium camos. Just don't expect to rake in huge sums of money.

Do keep in mind though that in ranked your objective is (hopefully) to win and rank up, thus you should base your actions on that and not on how much cash you can make.

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
Players
4,786 posts
12,247 battles
58 minutes ago, TZB77 said:

Admittedly, I'm a scrub...

No, you're not, you'd have a clan tag over your name if you were! :Smile_trollface:

59 minutes ago, TZB77 said:

Kurfurst and Yamato (and I dislike the Yamato as I always try to get stuck in). Anywho....last battle..95k damage (which for me is not bad at all, 1 kill, 1 flag, and constantly trying to protect our CA's)....we won the game....negative 10k credits....any tips on avoiding that....seems silly, certainly with a fairly good game....or am I totally wrong on this? 

To add what @El2aZeR wrote (listen to he, he smart :Smile-_tongue: ) - t10 in general isn't a good place to rack up credits and XP and Ranked isn't a good place to rack up credits and XP - you can guess how inviting the economy of t10 Ranked is going to be when you combine the two. My personal advice would be: hoist any spending-reducing signals you can and accept the fact that you're going to be losing money. Yes, it's possible to earn too, but there are less targets to shoot at, less cannon fodder allies to give the enemy someone else to shoot at, the overall level of difficulty is higher (45% potatoes to farm generally don't make it to R10) and the pressure on actually winning (as opposed to farming damage) is higher too. Basically, it's best to just assume that you're going to be losing credits by playing Ranked - and stop caring about that too much.

Of course if you're in a bad "financial" situation, things might be a bit more complicated... Sometimes I think Ranked would be better off if WG just decreed that premium consumables and service in Ranked are free but the credit rewards =0. Would probably be healthier, leaving only XP (that has rewards but no spending, guaranteeing that you won't go into the red by playing the mode).

Players
257 posts
3,083 battles

personally i would open up all ships to everyone for ranked as well as make them free to repair as well as make premium consumables free.

basically make ranked all about getting ranks rather then saying sorry mate you might be a pro but your 500 games says you cant play you dont have the ships. or getting financially limited so you cant participate.  

and from a WG perspective it gives players the chance to try out them prem consumables and who knows they might get a few more people buying them

[SCRUB]
Players
3,944 posts
19,673 battles
On 26-5-2018 at 4:23 AM, eliastion said:

No, you're not, you'd have a clan tag over your name if you were! :Smile_trollface:

Omg @Loran_Battle we finally get some recognition :Smile_ohmy:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this