Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FearsomeFlotsam

Level 2 Captain Skill for Omaha?

7 comments in this topic

Question

Players
204 posts

Can anyone recommend a level two captain skill for Omaha. I'm debating between Adrenaline Rush and Expert Marksman, but open to other suggestions.

6 answers to this question

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

For Omaha herself EM would be a bit wasted, as most of her guns aren't in turrets, so AR would make more sense

EM would be useful if you plan to use that captain further down the line (keeping the captain while you grind further)

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
508 posts
8,055 battles

Last stand.
It`s a light cruiser with an obnoxious citadel.

A jammed rudder, or broken engine equals death if you can`t repair it.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,693 posts
14,190 battles

I would recommend Adrenaline Rush, engine/gear incapacitations are not very common, but you will probably benefit from increased rate of fire every game, and it remains valuable all the way through to tier X.

[HOO]
Players
1,959 posts
3,780 battles

I took EM 2 reasons;

1 - Taking the captain up the line, and the skill becomes useful in higher tiers

2 - Omaha is quite agile and when you are turning hard and wiggling to evade incoming fire EM helps keep your turrets pointing more or less on target, so you don't have to sail in a straight line very long to get shots off on target. And in Omaha which is squishy once spotted you really don't want to sail straight for longer than absolutely necessary, if you want to survive very long.

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
9,759 battles

I would concur with the EM. Omaha needs to wiggle a lot and it would help you to fully exploit her unique gun layout (almost same firepower forward, aft or on broadside). Being able to quickly swing around and have max. guns on target at all times helps!

Sign in to follow this