Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
7obruk

I heard a story about one trick pony

16 comments in this topic

[TWS]
Players
40 posts
15,677 battles

Hello,

Back in a days i heard a story about Kitakami got removed from a game, because it was one trick pony...

Well can Wargaming tell me hows Asashio is any different??

Actually i can answer myself, back in a days Wargaming, tried to make game better these days they waste all resources to make premiums, so they can release 3 premiums per month even if they don't have an idea how to make them work.

Old Skipper

-T

• Boring 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

no, they removed the Kitty because it was a teamkiller's wet dream (and also an accident waiting to happen)

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,174 posts
6,418 battles

I wonder what went throu their heads when they decided Asashio is a good idea. Its basicly the worst idea ever in any possible situation, by far the worst decision WG has ever made.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,827 posts
17,662 battles
11 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

no, they removed the Kitty because it was a teamkiller's wet dream (and also an accident waiting to happen)

Asashio can do that too by *accident* ...

• Funny 1

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,179 posts
12,701 battles
20 minutes ago, 7obruk said:

Hello,

Back in a days i heard a story about Kitakami got removed from a game, because it was one trick pony...

Actually i can answer myself, back in a days Wargaming, tried to make game better these days they waste all resources to make premiums, so they can release 3 premiums per month even if they don't have an idea how to make them work.

Old Skipper

-T

Asashio is a 5.4 km base detection ship. She works fine as a DD outspoting any DD that has significantly better firepower. Ktakami was a limited to 10km Torps while having less gun firepower than a T4 Kuma and less conceilment than torp range.

WoWS_bS_F7_IJN_Kitakami_a-buffed.thumb.jpg.05c8ba64e54b746aeac9e1dffedd576e.jpg

[-IAN-]
Players
2,043 posts
6,904 battles

It's a shame we can't see the Kitakami as a Bot in Scenarios or as a user ship in part of the April Fools/Halloween stuff.

• Cool 1

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,179 posts
12,701 battles
Just now, IanH755 said:

It's a shame we can't still see the Kitakami as a Bot in Scenarios or as a user ship in part of the April Fools/Halloween stuff.

Even playable in secenarios or events like the dunkirik ones since you cant torp friendlys in secenarios

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
39 minutes ago, 7obruk said:

Hello,

Old Skipper

-T

You dare to come here.... to talk to my forumites? To insult my Asashio? To disrespect genius developer who made ship? To literary question  essence of life?

And  the best part is, you expect answer.

Can someone hand this guy permanent ban... no comment

• Funny 3

Beta Tester
2,799 posts
7,242 battles

There is in my opinion only one way in witch wg can bring her back, and one that was discussed loong ago, remove TK for that specific ship. 

Personally i do want her back, if not anything for derping around in coop, 

problem is if a player knew how to play her, no problemo, but we all know how it would end with today's player logic. 

But silently im still holding a extra parking spot in my harbour, just in case she makes a return :Smile_honoring:

[TOXIC]
Players
4,786 posts
12,246 battles
2 hours ago, 7obruk said:

Hello,

Old Skipper

-T

1. Asashio shouldn't have made it into the game

2. Asashio is, in fact, more versatile than Kitakami

3. Actually, Kitakami could be re-introduced as a reward ship for people who prove that they really know how to use torps

To elaborate on the two latter points:

#2 Asashio has tremendous anti-BB power and is extremely limited in her ability to deal with other targets. However, she still has a respectable hull - she's the stealthiest DD on her tier (along with Kagero and her other close relatives). This lets Asashio perform admirably (as long as the player uses her properly) in most tasks that DDs are normally required to perform:

- she can spot

- she can stealth-contest caps (that is: get into caps with intention of not fighting enemy DDs but keeping them away by spotting them for allies)

- she can torp BBs (after all, even for other DDs battleships are still the main target)

Asashio is extremely overspecialized and "invites" bad gameplay but she's still a usable DD.

Kitakami is different - her main, not to say ONLY strong point, the extreme torping power, is extremely gimmicky. Cruisers don't rely on torps as main source of damage not because they have few torps - they tend to have more tubes than torpboats! The problem is that cruisers aren't the good platform for torps - they are too visible and too clumsy. Equipping them with more torps doesn't solve this fundamental problem. Kitakami sacrifices pretty much everything a cruiser of her tier should have - and in return she gets OVERWHELMING POWER... that's extremely hard to project because it's the power of a weapon system that - for a cruiser hull - is a situational addition extremely useful in rare cases and often left unused for the whole battle if the situation in question never arises.

Asashio, while not torping BBs, is still a DD doing DD things. A Kitakami, while not flooding the sea with torps, is pretty much a non-combatant, incapable of doing anything you would normally require from a cruiser her tier.

#3 The main problem with Kitakami wasn't her overspecialization, however. It was the fact that she was captained by poor players - and in hands of poor players she was a liability to the team not in the usual "might as well be AFK" potato sense - she was literally a serious threat to her allies. Bad concealment meant that she usually stayed back, behind DDs, and kept torping - often in the "throw enough sh*t at the wall and some will stick" manner, hoping to hit something by mistake. There was also the problem of torpsoup not being the preferred meal of most players, but it's mostly the consequences of poor players that she went away. This could be amended by combination of better teamkill-punishing system combined with giving the ship only to people who have a decent torping track record. Something like Kitakami would also be a much better choice of reward ship than some - a trophy, something unique to show off once in a while, NOT something stupidly overpowered.

Players
163 posts
1,549 battles
12 hours ago, Ubertron_X said:

Asashio can do that too by *accident* ...

Indeed, saw an idiot yesterday. The guy had this epiphany, realizing he could just shoot beneath what he thought was a cruiser and hit the enemy battleship not far from him, that cruiser was a Colorado. HOW the f*** do one get to the realization that a big, fat, extremely slow Colorado is a cruiser? Yes he instant killed a full hp Colorado.... This game really boggles the mind sometimes.

So yes accidents happens, both stupid, planed and unintentional.

[THESO]
Players
4,346 posts

I dont know why all this Asashio rant.

Didnt  buy the ship (and I am a DD main) because I see her (from game play perspective) just too limited for my taste.

I dont want to sail a DD where its main play style is to slide the border to make it behind enemy lines. Thats just ... plain boring to me. I like IJN DDs in general, but Asashio? Just MEH.

I do understand complains from BBs perspective, but ... how should I put it ... any intelligent team will corner Asashio and make it utter useless.

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
4 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I dont know why all this Asashio rant.

Didnt  buy the ship (and I am a DD main) because I see her (from game play perspective) just too limited for my taste.

I dont want to sail a DD where its main play style is to slide the border to make it behind enemy lines. Thats just ... plain boring to me. I like IJN DDs in general, but Asashio? Just MEH.

I do understand complains from BBs perspective, but ... how should I put it ... any intelligent team will corner Asashio and make it utter useless.

Bought asashio and completly adore her. Trust me those guns are OP XD and torps... and detection.. and consumables :D

and FEAR, FEAR from potatoes :D once i pushed 3 bbs in edge A10... and torped them for 5 minutes MUHAHAHAHAHA

[THESO]
Players
4,346 posts
3 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

Bought asashio and completly adore her. Trust me those guns are OP XD and torps... and detection.. and consumables :D

and FEAR, FEAR from potatoes :D once i pushed 3 bbs in edge A10... and torped them for 5 minutes MUHAHAHAHAHA

Yes I understand that harassing BBs is its thing and that its very good at it.

But like I said ... a DD that cannot use torps versus cruisers and other DDs feels too limited for my taste.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,179 posts
12,701 battles
19 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Yes I understand that harassing BBs is its thing and that its very good at it.

But like I said ... a DD that cannot use torps versus cruisers and other DDs feels too limited for my taste.

If you get torped in a DD by another DD you have allready done something wrong. The cruiser aspect is an problem but then wich BB dont shoot the crap out of every cruiser that is even remotely in range? Its mainly an isue if you go deep behind enemy lines and even there you can reach targets once they face away were any other DD thats isnt called Gering/Shima/Yugumo struggles.

You outspot anything but another kagaro variant or a yugumo. and your at pretty even footing when  engaging them firepower wise.

[TWS]
Players
40 posts
15,677 battles

Well true about Asashios base detection.

But wait when you get only one DD who is Asashio and enemy have 2 of them and your team Asashio decides to go hunt BBs..

Ok it's rare but possible .

-T

Sign in to follow this