Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor

Challenge "Say "Hello!" to Summer" - which ship gets the XP?

20 comments in this topic

Question

Players
2,669 posts
21,581 battles

Hi,

the rewards for the current "Say "Hello!" to Summer" challenge include 2,000 XP.

It's just a plain silver star, so not Free XP but Ship XP.

Also not (Elite) Commander XP because there is a separate extra reward of 3,000 Commander XP.

But the mission goes over any number of battles and I take it you can use a different ship in each battle.

So where does the 2K XP go after completion?

The last ship used to complete the mission?

All of the ships you used for the challenge?

The two ships you used in the first two wins?

19 answers to this question

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,586 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Nautical_Metaphor sagte:

The last ship used to complete the mission?

should be this

Players
2,669 posts
21,581 battles

Thanks!

But in the in-game description, which is worded differently than the May Mission Briefing, it says "2,000 XP per Battle"?!

So, retroactively?

So it would make sense to spread earning the 3K XP condition over as many battles as possible?

As in "farm it in Co-op battles where you die very very soon, on purpose"?

Note that on https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/may-missions-2018/

(but not in the game) it says "over any number of battles".

I think Wargaming needs to hire a decent copy editor who spots this kind of thing.

Summer.jpg

summer2.jpg

Players
2,669 posts
21,581 battles

So the ship used to complete this mission gets 2K XP per battle, retroactively?

Like, if I do it in 10 Co-op battles averaging 300 base XP per battle, the last ship then gets 20,000 XP?

I need 100K XP to level a Z-23. Let's see if I manage to stretch this across 50 Co-op Battles. It is an incentive to get as little XP per battle as possible.

Players
2,669 posts
21,581 battles

We should make it a contest.

The upper limit of the number of battles seems to be defined by three factors:

1. How little XP can you manage to get out of a co-op-battle? You probably need to gain at least 1 base XP to make it count. I generously sacrificed one battle yoloing in with my Gnevny while doing absolutely nothing but absorb bot hits, but the others still managed to pull a win out of it, and it still yielded 60 base XP. So it's maybe also an incentive to shoot up your team mates, just a little, so as to get some penal XP subtracted.

2. How many co-op battles can be fitted into the alotted weekend (by 29 May, 07:00 CEST)? Rub against nearest convenient team mate, yolo in, die, start new battle. Shouldn't take more than 3 minutes on average. Leaving fairly generous sleeping and eating time allowances, that's roughly 820 battles, or a cool 1.64 MILLION XP. But you can't earn more than 3.7 XP on average or you hit the XP wall too soon (see 1.) The most XP-expensive ship in the game afaik only takes 260,000 XP to research (Republique) but whatever.

also there's

3. How few better things do you actually have to do? YMMV. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Because I can

Ceterum censeo it is port slot discount weekend so don't forget to stock up.

EDIT: Dammit, three battles in and I'm still averaging 69 XP per battle. Need to find a way to do even LESS. Yoloing in in a DD right away yields too much spotting XP, apparently.

Also need to shoot up team mates a lot more, but preferably without getting my account suspended. That one AP shell to the Scharnhorst only cost a meagre 2 XP. Is it possible to get negative XP and have some progress in the challenge revoked?

Time, on the other hand, does not seem to be a factor. Even if I manage to lower the average XP to 40 XP per battle, it's still "just" 75 battles. And if each battle takes a full five minutes on average, it's still "just" six and a quarter hours of play time.

summer3.jpg

summer4.jpg

summer5.jpg

Players
2,669 posts
21,581 battles

DAMMIT!

It's getting MORE, not LESS XP!!!1

A full 88 base XP!

Doing 4K damage to that afk team mate was only worth an 8 XP penalty!

What am I doing wrong?

I'm thinking it's all that damned potential damage from the stupid bots not managing to hit me right.

Need to find a more efficient way of suiciding.

Maybe sail into team mates' torp spread on purpose?

summer6.jpg

Players
2,669 posts
21,581 battles

Blame the Wargaming marketing people who posed this challenge without thinking it through.

To me, it's just a way to get my hands on a Leander while AVOIDING TO PLAY THE EMERALD.

Edit: Turns out it was an exercise in futility after all. In contrast to the stipulations of the challenge in the game, I was not awarded "2000 XP per battle" but only 2000 extra ship XP for the last battle.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

How was this even a question....? The reward is 2k XP = that's exactly what you get. Where you get it? On the ship that finishes the mission :fish_palm:

Players
2,669 posts
21,581 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, wilkatis_LV sagte:

How was this even a question....? The reward is 2k XP = that's exactly what you get. Where you get it? On the ship that finishes the mission :fish_palm:

Because it says "2000 XP per Battle in the rewards list.

SummerX.jpg

[CATS]
Players
28,080 posts
14,876 battles

And? Think about it!

A mission that gives more XP the longer you need? While the webiste gives a completly reasonable explanation?

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
529 posts
19,892 battles

That and it doesn't have any limits on how often it can be done in the available time and doesn't say "per battle" for the credits or commander XP. So even if he'd been right about getting XP for every battle played he'd have been losing out; do it across 100 matches and get 100 lots of XP plus 1 lot of credits and commander XP. Do it every fifth match for 100 matches and get 100 lots of XP plus 20 lots of credits and commander XP.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,682 posts
14,147 battles

I understand the confusion, the wording of the reward ingame differs from on the website and implies that the 2000 exp can be earned more than once per completion, but I think it is more likely poor wording as the mission is repeatable.

Players
2,669 posts
21,581 battles

Riddle me this then:

Why is the reward not granted even though the mission is complete?

The only thing I can think of is maybe it is ecause I did a few low tier missions last. So maybe the XP or the wins gained in those were counted in, but the reward will only be granted to the next Tier 5 ship.

Which would also mean that the Challenge is broken because why count contributions of lower tier ships when clearly, T5+ ships are a requirement?!

EDIT: the next match, a win in my brand new Myoko, did not exactly help clear anything up.

The progress bars in the mouse-hover window still the same - the one in the icon only half full.

The reward was actually granted though - I just looked it up - it was THREE games before, in a T5 match in the Königsberg.

Y1.jpg

Y2.jpg

Players
2,669 posts
21,581 battles

Apropos, what does "Base XP" even mean here? Is that the unadorned, lowest-possible figure players would have earned without Premium Account? Or does the premium benefit come into play here as well?

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Apropos, what does "Base XP" even mean here? Is that the unadorned, lowest-possible figure players would have earned without Premium Account? Or does the premium benefit come into play here as well?

Base XP is XP with no modifiers (no premium, no flags and camos, no other bonuses). It's the XP you see in the teamlists tab of post-battle screen

Sign in to follow this