You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hiro_016

Cleveland to T8 is very bad idea

100 comments in this topic

[PNAVY]
Players
179 posts
14,092 battles

'''''''''''''''''''Notice all this information about the in ship is still Test Server, it may change in future ''''''''''''''''''

Recently i has been check out on test server and testing the new USN CA line. 

and i notice that Cleveland is now Tier 8, so i take a look at the ship and see what change. 

so you can get 9 km radar and hydro now which awesome if you love play cruiser, not really if you like DD. 

also 15 km range gun.

looking good so far right? but remember you in t8. best of your luck is facing t6 but i would say that is properly only 10% chance (could be exaggeration but i would say it feel like being in top tier is very rare for me, unless i'm play t7 ship). most likely you would be in t9 and t10 game.   

even when it in T6 is still struggling, HE and AP is quite balance in t6, the fire chance is not too small or not too big, AP only able to citadel other cruiser from 7-6km and below(no chance if they angling). shell take forever to land in long range. well armour for it tier,  i admin the AA a bit stupid. but really it feel like Nagato, it have clear weakness and clear strong aspect. 

But when it in T8 it will be struggle train... armour will be like Pensacola, except now you have sh*t gun which take some effort to start fire and HE damage is joke. you also need to be in 15km range to be able to deal damage but because the shell travel so lazy it would take so long before it can hit the target. 

furthermore you only have 30k and something HP. consider your armour and how close you have to be... most of BB would easily have easy time citadel you. also you don't have heal and escape tool plan like Belfast or Fiji.

The AA would be balance, it wouldn't instantly delete planes when active Defensive AA, with full AA build it would take sometime to actually shoot plane down (T7+)   

in the current state, the ship is not ready for T8 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles

We shall see. A lot of players struggle with t8 cruisers, your opinion doesn't exactly worry me too much at this point.

Especially since 

even when it in T6 is still struggling

I mean, really.

• Cool 5

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,113 posts
5,488 battles

If your Cleveland is struggling in tier 6, then you should quit the USN cruiser line right now.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Players
2,842 posts
4,792 battles

I have no doubt new Cleveland will be a widely hated ship, probably very hard to play for most, and will spawn even more whine threads than old Pepsi and NO combined.

I also have no doubt that something spitting 120 shells per minute with DD turret traverse and best in class agility and stealth will be an absolute blast to play. :cap_like::cap_rambo:

• Cool 2

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,179 posts
12,716 battles
5 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Just imagine all the whine threads WHEN the Cleveland finally hits tier8 on the live servers...

:cap_haloween::cap_haloween::cap_haloween:

Just image the horde of clev all boxing in on the 2 to 3 points that high tir maps have that suports their playstayle...

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,295 battles

I suspect it will be like the atlanta;

Good players: "lol this is hilarious"

Bad players: "this is the worst ship ever"

• Cool 14
  • Funny 3

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,868 posts
9,050 battles
Just now, Xevious_Red said:

I suspect it will be like the atlanta;

Good players: "lol this is hilarious"

Bad players: "this is the worst ship ever"

That are my hopes for the whole new CL-line!

Players
3,431 posts
17,170 battles
31 minutes ago, VC381 said:

I have no doubt new Cleveland will be a widely hated ship, probably very hard to play for most, and will spawn even more whine threads than old Pepsi and NO combined.

I also have no doubt that something spitting 120 shells per minute with DD turret traverse and best in class agility and stealth will be an absolute blast to play. :cap_like::cap_rambo:

I think that you've pretty much nailed it.:Smile_honoring:

I tried the Cleveland on the PT Server and saw the best & worst of it.  One one occasion for example I used the new tools & capabilities of the new Cleveland to detect and quickly sink a DD. The only trouble was that a group of his team mates (who had all bee undetected up to that point) opened fire on me en mass ... and seconds later it was game over!  :Smile_smile:

OTOH I also tried out Pensacola & New Orleans on PT. They lose a little bit of functionality by dropping a tier, but gain much more IMHO.

I still can't get the hang of US heavy cruisers - but the new versions make me wish that I could. I'm sure that good players will love them.

Good job Wargaming. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, Teitoku_Yuuji_Kazami said:

also 15 km range gun.

Would love to see you try hitting anything when your shell flight time passes BBs rudder shift

even when it in T6 is still struggling

Really? By far the strongest t6 cruiser and "struggling", right

even when it in T6 is still struggling, HE and AP is quite balance in t6, the fire chance is not too small or not too big, AP only able to citadel other cruiser from 7-6km and below(no chance if they angling). shell take forever to land in long range. well armour for it tier,  i admin the AA a bit stupid. but really it feel like Nagato, it have clear weakness and clear strong aspect. 

But when it in T8 it will be struggle train... armour will be like Pensacola, except now you have sh*t gun which take some effort to start fire and HE damage is joke. you also need to be in 15km range to be able to deal damage but because the shell travel so lazy it would take so long before it can hit the target. 

This whole part sounds like you not understanding that CLs don't play like CAs. Look at Lolanta and Radar-Edinburgh for a better comparison

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,111 posts
20,781 battles

'''''''''''''''''''Notice all this information about the in ship is still Test Server, it may change in future ''''''''''''''''''

Terrible TROLL POST.... Im not going to give him the honer of bragging right by posting his stats.. Just go look at his Cleveland stats yourself

Players
1,910 posts

Although Cleveland is slightly OP at T6 i think the jump to T8 in current state is a bit to much. She still needs some tweaking. I have faith though. Cleveland is a player favorite and i doubt WG wants to screw that up seeing that T8 is the worst tier to play these days imo. I love my T8's but i just can't play them as i basically get toptier 1 out of 10 games. Consistently bottom tier. So why play T8's when you get in the same games as T10's anyways. Might aswel play T10's. 

Fingers crossed though. 

[PNAVY]
Players
179 posts
14,092 battles
2 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Although Cleveland is slightly OP at T6 i think the jump to T8 in current state is a bit to much. She still needs some tweaking. I have faith though. Cleveland is a player favorite and i doubt WG wants to screw that up seeing that T8 is the worst tier to play these days imo. I love my T8's but i just can't play them as i basically get toptier 1 out of 10 games. Consistently bottom tier. So why play T8's when you get in the same games as T10's anyways. Might aswel play T10's. 

Fingers crossed though. 

now a day everyone has t10 ship... and almost of t9 are suck for some reason. so random t8 people just end up in t10 game.

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,169 posts
9,378 battles
3 minutes ago, Teitoku_Yuuji_Kazami said:

and almost of t9 are suck for some reason. 

Do you mean the players or the ships? Since at tier 9 no ship is truly sucky (well, Ibuki is kinda meh).

And if you mean players well all tiers have terrible players, and tier 8 being thrown into tier 10 games is more a MM problem. And the Mogami has similar range, I assume around the same stealth, worse AA, bigger citadel and around the same manuverability and it manages pretty good regardless.

• Cool 1

[PNAVY]
Players
179 posts
14,092 battles
1 hour ago, lafeel said:

If your Cleveland is struggling in tier 6, then you should quit the USN cruiser line right now.

i'm not struggling with her lol 

but think about the average players and below...

i mean i saw T10 people consistently show full broadside to Yamato..., sail in a straight line or just camp on the back... 

can you imagine them in new Cleveland now... 

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,169 posts
9,378 battles
3 minutes ago, Teitoku_Yuuji_Kazami said:

can you imagine them in new Cleveland now... 

Or in any other ship...

Seriously potatoes will be potatoes regardless of barrier of entry. 

[PNAVY]
Players
179 posts
14,092 battles
3 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Do you mean the players or the ships? Since at tier 9 no ship is truly sucky (well, Ibuki is kinda meh).

And if you mean players well all tiers have terrible players, and tier 8 being thrown into tier 10 games is more a MM problem. And the Mogami has similar range, I assume around the same stealth, worse AA, bigger citadel and around the same manuverability and it manages pretty good regardless.

well really Ibuki is just shocking, Izumo... don't talk about her. Iowa just basically NC with speed... when you move from tier to tier you feel completely different but when it hit t9... you feel like is the same or worst... but then you hit t10 and you feel 3 time stronger 

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles
25 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Cleveland is a player favorite and i doubt WG wants to screw that up

*cough*

Mogami

*cough*

• Cool 2

[PNAVY]
Players
179 posts
14,092 battles
On 25.05.2018 г. at 5:15 PM, ollonborre said:

Or in any other ship...

Seriously potatoes will be potatoes regardless of barrier of entry. 

it true if you look from that angle but still the new Clev is not ready for t8 

On 25.05.2018 г. at 5:18 PM, aboomination said:

*cough*

Mogami

*cough*

remember when T10 UK BB came out? 

how many people said it OP... WG still release it anyway 

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles
Just now, Teitoku_Yuuji_Kazami said:

remember when T10 UK BB came out? 

how many people said it OP... WG still release it anyway

Excuse me...?

[PNAVY]
Players
179 posts
14,092 battles
1 minute ago, aboomination said:

Excuse me...?

what? just saying that WG don't really care that much 

[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
5,734 posts
13,111 battles

Is this whole thread about German person trying to tell a joke about Cleveland? :cap_hmm:

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles
1 minute ago, Teitoku_Yuuji_Kazami said:

what? just saying that WG don't really care that much 

...yeah, whatever!

[PNAVY]
Players
179 posts
14,092 battles
3 minutes ago, Sigimundus said:

Is this whole thread about German person trying to tell a joke about Cleveland? :cap_hmm:

why German?