You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RadioFighterYR

Bulgarian navy in WoWs

54 comments in this topic

Players
33 posts
618 battles

Hey! I am from Bulgaria, so here's some ships I think should be implemented in the game. Note: the ships might seem very underpowered for their role and the tier I'd be placing them at, but WG is known for buffing/nerfing things unhistorically anyway.

Drazki (in commission 1907-1950)

A Bulgarian navy torpedo boat, which almost sank the Ottoman cruiser Hamidiye during the Balkan War. The ship is now a museum in Varna, Bulgaria.

9334766K.jpg

Historically:

Stats:

Tonnage: 97 tons

Length: 38 meters

Width: 4.4 meters

Draft: 2.6 meters

Propulsion: Steam turbine, about 1 900 shaft horsepower, two boilers

Top speed: 26 knots

Crew: 5 officers, 25 enlisted

Armament:

Artillery: 3 x 47mm guns

Torpedoes: 3 x 450mm

As could be implemented in WoWs: Tier II premium destroyer

• A big buff to its top speed, bringing it to about 29-30 knots.
  • To compensate for its TINY gun caliber (leaving about 450-500 alpha at most) it should be given high penetration numbers and different overmatch mechanics
  • Long gun range (11km at least) with about 20 shells per minute RoF.
  • A problem with the torpedoes, as visible on the blueprint of Drazki when she was commissioned. After WW2 the ship was re-modelled with Soviet triple torpedo tubes, which should be used instead of those.

9334772L.jpg

• About 9000 hitpoints
  • Rudder shift time of no more than 1.8 - 2 seconds.
  • A turning circle of about 350 meters, as this most likely would be the smallest and shortest ship in the entire game.

About 4.8-5km standard detection with 5.5km torpedoes (31 sec reload)

Nadezhda (in commission 1898-1930s)

%D0%9A%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B9%D1%81%D0%B5%D1%

Historically:

Stats:

Tonnage: 717 tons

Length: 67 meters

Width: 9.4 meters

Draft: 2.2 meters

Propulsion: 2 boilers with unknown power

Top speed: 17 knots

Crew: 10 officers, about 90 enlisted

Armament:

Artillery:  2x 100mm, 2x 65mm, 2x 47mm

Torpedoes: 2x 380mm

As could be implemented in WoWs: Tier II premium cruiser

• A buff to its top speed getting it up to at least 20 knots.
  • Both 100mm and 65mm mixed-caliber main battery. Would be fired with the same left mouse button (100mm would have 15 rpm, 65mm - 18 rounds per minute RoF)
  • It would be well-hidden due to its small size as seen in the Historic section.
  • 21100 hit-points to compensate due to the fact the real ship had absolutely no armor and could potentially be penetrated by rifle-caliber weapons.
  • Torpedoes would have the same range as Drazki's torpedoes (5-5.5 km) but will be slower and weaker, though with a faster RoF (10-15 seconds reload)
  • Rudder shift time of 6.5 seconds
  • Turning circle radius of 385m.
  • Long gun range (13.8 km)

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Players
2,780 posts
17,292 battles

Druzki is a torpedo boat and very different to a torpedo boat destroyer of the same era (7-10 times bigger etc.)

Maybe it for a PvE event? We've had Schnellboots for Dunkirk.

Players
82 posts
31,554 battles
24 minutes ago, RadioFighterYR said:

Drazki (in commission 1907-1950)

A Bulgarian navy torpedo boat, which almost sank the Ottoman cruiser Hamidiye during WWI. The ship is now a museum in Varna, Bulgaria.

I think you meant 1st Balkan War, not World War 1...

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,131 posts
11,146 battles

According to navweaps, (and I'm assuming the 47mm is the ubiquitous 47mm Hotchkiss), those poor 47mm guns had trouble even reaching 7km of max range, and with a 574m/s velocity on a 1.5kg shell, the time to target must be absolutely enormous. 20+ seconds on a target 7km away.

That's not even considering the pitiful damage 0.25kg of explosives would do, evne if overbuffed to actually be able to damage other ships.

• Funny 1

[ROT8]
Players
2,732 posts
11 minutes ago, creamgravy said:

Druzki is a torpedo boat and very different to a torpedo boat destroyer of the same era (7-10 times bigger etc.)

Maybe it for a PvE event? We've had Schnellboots for Dunkirk.

If WG start bringing in countries with a navy that basically consisted of torpedo boats or river patrol boats then there must be a case for the welsh navy to have a presence in WOWS. :Smile_hiding:

5b07e4d46b602_welshnavy.jpg.40e22afc1293da3636665142e69bfe30.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 7

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles

While I do appriciate enthusiasm....

Fact: both are only tier 2. WG have no intentions making Bulgarian navy ever (my opinion).
There are far far more known navies without  being in game or only partly. Market is not big enough to make it worth (everything is bout money)...

I think there are no ways we will see any of those ships or even from Balkans...

• Cool 1

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
55 minutes ago, RadioFighterYR said:

Drazki

Far too small to ever fit into the game outside a target practice in operations (remember those small German boats from Dunkirk?)

55 minutes ago, RadioFighterYR said:

Nadezhda

It's half the size of a Chester (a tier 2 cruiser). At best it might make for a weird DD (something similar to the Smith), but with that speed... I just don't see it being implemented

Also there's no "100 and 65 mm main guns" - 100mms would be your main guns, 65mms would be secondaries

31 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

47mm guns

7mm HE pen, 9mm with IFHE :Smile_trollface: Barely enough to damage tier 2 DDs, and even then only on their weakest parts

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
891 posts
8,490 battles
31 minutes ago, Tizocicatzin said:

I think you meant 1st Balkan War, not World War 1...

Indeed , Bulgaria and Turkey were enemies in 1st  Balkan war, allies at  WWI.

• Cool 1

Players
33 posts
618 battles
Just now, tank276 said:

Indeed , Bulgaria and Turkey were enemies in 1st  Balkan war, allies at  WWI.

No it is fixed... But in Bulgarian historiographu it is commonly understood that the 1st Balkan war is indeed one of the events leading up to WW1.

Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles

The first boat isn't a torpedo boat destroyer though, it is a torpedo boat. They tend to be weaker, slower, smaller and less armed. I don't think wg should buff a torpedo boat to destroyer stats. 

As for the second one, I don't mind. The more the merrier. But in fairness, larger naval powers should get their lines in before going to the tiny ones. Italians, French, British and to a lesser extend the Dutch. 

[-UKA-]
Beta Tester
14 posts
9,766 battles
3 hours ago, bushwacker001 said:

If WG start bringing in countries with a navy that basically consisted of torpedo boats or river patrol boats then there must be a case for the welsh navy to have a presence in WOWS. :Smile_hiding:

5b07e4d46b602_welshnavy.jpg.40e22afc1293da3636665142e69bfe30.jpg

Oi leave our coracles out of this (for now :Smile_hiding:) They are the new premium RN DD with the new shallow draft (short cut across islands) and a bloody great dragon on its flag.

• Cool 1

[ROT8]
Players
2,732 posts
15 minutes ago, BOMBHEAD said:

Oi leave our coracles out of this (for now :Smile_hiding:) They are the new premium RN DD with the new shallow draft (short cut across islands) and a bloody great dragon on its flag.

Looks like they also attract lemming play :Smile_smile:

• Funny 1

Players
920 posts
11,130 battles

Okay... national pride aside. Put your hand over your heart, and ask yourself this question:

How many people would buy this? Would it even recuperate the cost of the 3D modeling?

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,975 posts
28,573 battles

T2:

Tachibana - 605 tons

Smith - 700 tons

V-25 - 975 tons

Drazki - 97 tons

I don't thinks so. Drazki is way to small for the game. Just like Nadezhda, even for T2. I believe that many people would like to see ships from their countries in the game and if there are some good candidates than I'm for it but none of those two ships could be fit in the game.

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles

They are planned to be implemented right after Hungarian battleships are introduced into the game.

• Funny 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,113 posts
5,488 battles
17 minutes ago, cro_pwr said:

They are planned to be implemented right after Hungarian battleships are introduced into the game.

So after the might of the Swiss and Czech navies then ;)

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
4,383 posts

Id love to see "Dubrovnik" released as a premium (instead as Premuda in ITA line or german TA32) for sentimental reasons. WG could use polish line and just rename it. Who sais we have to have T10 line?

Players
257 posts
3,083 battles
3 hours ago, bushwacker001 said:

Looks like they also attract lemming play :Smile_smile:

nah thats formation sailing, but dont forget the "ships" unique gimmick to call in a cyclone when needed because i swear every time i go to wales its foggy raining and smells funny 

• Funny 1

[-UKA-]
Beta Tester
14 posts
9,766 battles
1 hour ago, Warhawk1984 said:

smells funny 

Lol that funny smell is fresh air you city lubber.

33 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

did you by chance have a captured sheep in the boot? :Smile_hiding:

You dont need to capture them these days, we have velcro pants.

• Funny 1

[-UKA-]
Beta Tester
14 posts
9,766 battles
2 minutes ago, _DarthGunny_ said:

that's the smell of damp wool

You can bugger off too cheesey :etc_swear: