You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NorfolknChance_UK

USN Cruiser Split Pensacola 3 Questions.

4 comments in this topic

Question

Players
2 posts
1,536 battles

I’m a new player and tried reading the comments on the split but still a little confused.

I have the Cleveland with all the module upgrades and researched Pensacola giving the free ship XP now. Also mounted is type 16 Cleveland Camouflage. The excess ship XP now stands at 20,000.

On the Pensacola I have researched both B Hull and Gunfire only without adding the upgrades. Also, have not researched the Guns.

Question1
I didn’t want to upgrade the modules on the Pen as on the split its Tier reduction would mean I’d lose money (credits) as they’d be lower in value.
Is this correct?

Question2
POST split the 20,000 excess Ship XP on the Cleveland will transfer to the Pensacola. The Type 16 Camo will drop back into my exterior tab to be used on the Pen if I want. The current fixed one will stay on the Cleveland and turn into the TYPE 18 Camo. 
Is this correct?

Question3
On split, the Pensacola is now Tier VI, and because I have this ship I will receive the New Orleans or whatever the replacement type VII is.

With me owning the Cleveland do I get the Cash equivalent of the old Pensacola Tier VII 5.5m credits or will it be the value of the new tier VI Pensacola Tier VI 3.3m credits instead? I assume the latter?

if anyone could help me please

Norfolk.

3 answers to this question

[CATS]
Players
28,257 posts
14,932 battles

You can read the answers under announcement...

1: No, as you get the new Tier VII ship with all the upgrades you have now

2: Permanent Camos stay with the ship

3: You get the Cash for a Tier VI ship

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Ahh, crap, black wall of "u no read me" :Smile_trollface:

2 hours ago, NorfolknChance_UK said:

I have the Cleveland with all the module upgrades and researched Pensacola giving the free ship XP now. Also mounted is type 16 Cleveland Camouflage. The excess ship XP now stands at 20,000.

On the Pensacola I have researched both B Hull and Gunfire only without adding the upgrades. Also, have not researched the Guns.

Question1
I didn’t want to upgrade the modules on the Pen as on the split its Tier reduction would mean I’d lose money (credits) as they’d be lower in value.
Is this correct?

All the upgrades & modules that you have on the t7 ship will stay on the tier 7 ship. In other words - everything that you have on Pepsi right now will end up on New Orleans after the split

Question2
POST split the 20,000 excess Ship XP on the Cleveland will transfer to the Pensacola. The Type 16 Camo will drop back into my exterior tab to be used on the Pen if I want. The current fixed one will stay on the Cleveland and turn into the TYPE 18 Camo. 
Is this correct?

Yes, all XP you have on the Cleveland will stay on Pepsi (keeps its place at t6). Same way all xp you have on Pepsi will stay on NO (keeps its place at t7)

No idea about the names. Clevelands current perma camo will end up on both - t6 Pepsi (exactly as it is right now) and t8 Cleveland (adjusted to fit the t8 stats)

Question3
On split, the Pensacola is now Tier VI, and because I have this ship I will receive the New Orleans or whatever the replacement type VII is.

With me owning the Cleveland do I get the Cash equivalent of the old Pensacola Tier VII 5.5m credits or will it be the value of the new tier VI Pensacola Tier VI 3.3m credits instead? I assume the latter?

You should get full value of a tier 6 cruiser (but keep in mind that both - Cleveland and Pepsi need to be in your port)

• Cool 1

Players
2 posts
1,536 battles

Thanks for the replies chaps really helped indeed.

It seems to me the important factor is the ship slot Tier and NOT the ship name itself which most guides focus on. I will go ahead and module upgrade my Pensacola. The Bonus ship I receive I’d expect to contain the upgrades and the Pensacola Ship XP I’ve earned plus its commander.

Commanders...

My Cleveland 10pt guy will be relocated on the new Pensacola. My current Pensacola Commander will be relocated on the Bonus ship I receive to replace it at Tier VII. I will receive a NEW Commander that will be located on the new Cleveland at Tier VIII with 10pts to spend...

Cash...

I expect to receive around 3.3mil in silver credits for the value of a Tier VI ship.

Norfolk.