Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mastadans

We need

39 comments in this topic

Players
119 posts
8,973 battles

A -clear-, at least, 1 minute warning before game ends. When playing WoT it's crystal clear when the battle ends, but in WoW many times I'm not aware of that.

Thanks

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

There is a clear, always up-to-date clock counting down till the end of battle on the top-right of your screen. Look at it every now and then

• Cool 3
  • Funny 5

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts

Plus the running points score in the middle top where 1000 points is always an end to the match, plus the verbal "The enemy team is about to win" type messages.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
516 posts
4,160 battles

I personally wouldn't mind a "The battle ends in two minutes." warning, like the one we already have for five minutes. I'm not too bothered, and I do keep an eye on the play clock, but I appreciate that others may have their hands full enough handling their boats. It wouldn't hurt, is what I'm sayin'.

Beta Tester
2,799 posts
7,242 battles

I totally agree with you!! 

We need the kitakami asap! 

Looks at title. 

"Oohh wrong thread" 

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 5

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,854 battles
34 minutes ago, Runegrem said:

I'm in the "Not needed but would be nice" camp.

Well at least it's better than the "I'm in a BB and I don't want to be shot at so the back of the map looks like a good place to" camp.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
589 posts
24,265 battles

Very rare that a match needs the full time, the new standard duration is 5-10 minutes :Smile_bajan2:

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,687 posts
14,180 battles

Doesn't some sort of ticking clock or claxon sound start during the last two minutes of the game or something?

Players
2,842 posts
4,781 battles
1 hour ago, Benser said:

Doesn't some sort of ticking clock or claxon sound start during the last two minutes of the game or something?

Ticking clock is last 10 seconds.

I don't really mind this feature. To be honest most ships are so slow 2 minutes is not enough to turn a game if you are out of position and waiting for that warning to actually do something. So it would be kind of useless.

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles

The 5 Minute warning should be enough.... If you forgot the match is about to end in that time than you have the attentionspan of a goldfish...

Still very clear sign the match is about to end is when the backround music first goes to a flute theme thingy ant then goes VERY quiet. (that is about the 2-3 minute mark i guess)

P.S. Oh and we also finaly need ARP Maya in the game! :fish_cute_2: (so WG hurry up with a new ARP collab PLEASE)

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
9 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

There is a clear, always up-to-date clock counting down till the end of battle on the top-right of your screen. Look at it every now and then

What, you honestly expect people to look at something else on their display than their aiming reticule?

I'm with the OP here: a simple, unmistakingly clear announcement when there's only 1 minute left on the game clock. Would certainly help in some cases where people just have to hold on to dear life to let the clock run out and win on points lead instead of throwing their ship away in combat and then losing. I've seen too many such easy victories being thrown away by players not realizing they just have to survive for less than a minute to win and telling them so in chat hardly ever reaches those people because they never look at anything other than their aiming reticule.

Optimally there would also be a similar announcement for points approaching the automatic win/lose condition, but that's too fickle as it can change at a moments notice with a cap or ship frag and the already present announcement of "the enemy team is taking the lead" are ALWAYS coming at such a late point where the enemy has long since past taking that lead and cemented it into an almost guaranteed win at that point.

Such a change wouldn't change anything to people who already pay attention, but might very well be a game changer for those who don't.

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
4,360 posts
22 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Still very clear sign the match is about to end is when the backround music first goes to a flute theme thingy ant then goes VERY quiet.

I never play with music on :)

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
4,360 posts
8 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Such a change wouldn't change anything to people who already pay attention, but might very well be a game changer for those who don't.

Funny, yet how many people would ban all mods, yet this is a good thing.

I have bigger problem seeing the vanilla detected icon (not to mention its type) ...  have to have mod for it :)

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles
8 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I never play with music on :)

doesn't that get boring very fast?

I also imagine you might get shocked by the sudden sound when a hurricane cyclone (derp) emerges.

Beta Tester
1,036 posts
11,131 battles

Its quite easy to keep track of the points, time and mini map whilst playing. Your brain can handle this. Besides the number of games that go full time are few and far between.

[THESO]
Players
4,360 posts
2 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

I also imagine you might get shocked by the sudden sound when a hurricane emerges.

To be honest - no. Music generally distracts me when playing, specially in WoWS.

• Cool 3

[KTS]
Alpha Tester
1,003 posts
11,730 battles
11 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

I also imagine you might get shocked by the sudden sound when a hurricane emerges.

i'm with you on this, especially considering how beautiful the in-game music is

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
12 minutes ago, Akula971 said:

Its quite easy to keep track of the points, time and mini map whilst playing. Your brain can handle this. Besides the number of games that go full time are few and far between.

Tell that to the people with the attention span of a goldfish.

[COMFY]
Players
1,407 posts
8,472 battles

Those that don't look at time counter are the same that don't look at map. 

So nothing will help anyway.

Beta Tester
1,036 posts
11,131 battles
29 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Tell that to the people with the attention span of a goldfish.

The logical conclusion for these people is just a dopamine pump to their brain, and a button to activate it.

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,185 posts
11,264 battles
1 hour ago, Miessa3 said:

The 5 Minute warning should be enough.... If you forgot the match is about to end in that time than you have the attentionspan of a goldfish...

Still very clear sign the match is about to end is when the backround music first goes to a flute theme thingy ant then goes VERY quiet. (that is about the 2-3 minute mark i guess)

P.S. Oh and we also finaly need ARP Maya in the game! :fish_cute_2: (so WG hurry up with a new ARP collab PLEASE)

Who the hell listen to that repetetive crap while playing games??

The battle music is one spot where WG fails really good If you ask me :)

Thank god to spotify... listening the soothing tones of sepultura when I am in a DD.. is all I need :)

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
26 minutes ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

Those that don't look at time counter are the same that don't look at map. 

So nothing will help anyway.

But you see, for an audible one minute warning, they don't have to look anywhere to hear it (provided of course they play with sound ... or play with sound that isn't their own death metal playlist at highest volume so they can't hear anything else for that matter).

It's not something that will help against the truly ignorant people because they couldn't do anything with that information, same as they can't deal with any other kind of information. But it could help with people who actually have a clue what to do, but are just caught up in the action of a tense game. Had that happen to me too on rare occasion and I like to believe I'm not a potato, just had a lot of things happening that took up my attention, thaings that certainly felt more important than glancing at the game clock at that time.

Besides, it's nothing breathtakingly new. Neither to videogames in general, nor to WG games (WoT has the same thing if I'm not mistaken). It should also be something largely trivial to implement, like it's really only recording someone saying "one minute left on the clock" (for the various localizations, naturally) and then coding to play that audio file if the clock reaches the one minute mark.

A simple QoL change.

Players
163 posts
1,549 battles
10 hours ago, Mastadans said:

A -clear-, at least, 1 minute warning before game ends. When playing WoT it's crystal clear when the battle ends, but in WoW many times I'm not aware of that.

Thanks

So you cant look at the timer in the top of the screen, too big screen or too little awareness. 

Even if a big alarm went off, I am sure a lot of players wouldn't even catch that, it would be muted or ignored, so I am pretty sure it wouldn't make a difference due to low observation skills 85% of all players has.

In my humble opinion, there is certain slightly more pressing concerns then this request.

Sign in to follow this