Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hannibalurg

What happens when Baltimore get's bumped down to T8?

22 comments in this topic

[-5D-]
Beta Tester
899 posts

So i have the Baltimore researched, but not bought. 

What will happen when it is bumped down to T8 from T9?

Is it as simple as i lose all the exp from T8 to T9?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,111 posts
20,781 battles

Any xp on the tier 9 stays at tier 9 on the new ship. If you have the tier 8 already when Boltimor drops down you get the credit value of the current tier 8(Full credit value) all modules are demounted from the ship that moves and placed in store. Commander stays at tier 9 and is trained for free on new ship and all commander points reset. It is generally considered a good idea and credit earner to buy all ships that change/move now even if you don't want them as you will end up with lots more credits on selling them + credit bonus for moved ships if you sell them after.

Note this is how they did it for all other moves. But of cause there is no 100% guarantee it will happen this time.  But we can be pretty sure it will

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
12 minutes ago, Hannibalurg said:

So i have the Baltimore researched, but not bought. 

What will happen when it is bumped down to T8 from T9?

Is it as simple as i lose all the exp from T8 to T9?

So did I understand correctly that you have New Orleans in your port and fully upgraded + Baltimore researched but not bought?

After the split you will have the t7 NO, t8 Baltimore (as upgraded as your NO is right now) and the t9 Buffalo unlocked, but not bought

All the XP you have on the tier 8 CA will stay on the tier 8 CA (so your current NO xp will end up on Baltimore)

Players
1,261 posts
19,727 battles
4 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Any xp on the tier 9 stays at tier 9 on the new ship.

That's the theory when you already have it in port (researched and bought). OP worries are about having it researched but not bought, and what would happen if he hasn't bought Baltimore by the time the split arrives: will he have the new T9 unlocked for buying (i.e., researched) or will he have to grind again in order to unlock (i.e., the experience invested in unlocking will be wasted)?

The thing is, I haven't experienced such scenario myself, so I'd advice buying her just in case, even if you keep it stock and not playing.

Salute.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
11 minutes ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

will he have the new T9 unlocked for buying

yes, t9 CA unlocked before the split = t9 CA unlocked after the split

[-5D-]
Beta Tester
899 posts
20 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

So did I understand correctly that you have New Orleans in your port and fully upgraded + Baltimore researched but not bought?

After the split you will have the t7 NO, t8 Baltimore (as upgraded as your NO is right now) and the t9 Buffalo unlocked, but not bought

All the XP you have on the tier 8 CA will stay on the tier 8 CA (so your current NO xp will end up on Baltimore)

I have sold my New Orleans, i have yet not bought the Baltimore. But i have researched the Baltimore. Will i have the new tier IX allready researched then? Or, if i do not get Des Moins before the new CA lines arrives, will i need to re-grin

4 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

yes, t9 CA unlocked before the split = t9 CA unlocked after the split

Ahh ok, great thx!

Thanks for the answers guys, i kinda grew bored of Cruisers, so don't really feel like playing T9 USN CA atm. But good to know i can just buy the new T9 and continue the grind if i do deem so to be fun again :)

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,111 posts
20,781 battles
34 minutes ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

That's the theory when you already have it in port (researched and bought). OP worries are about having it researched but not bought, and what would happen if he hasn't bought Baltimore by the time the split arrives: will he have the new T9 unlocked for buying (i.e., researched) or will he have to grind again in order to unlock (i.e., the experience invested in unlocking will be wasted)?

The thing is, I haven't experienced such scenario myself, so I'd advice buying her just in case, even if you keep it stock and not playing.

Salute.

ARR was reading on the phone.. @Hannibalurg if you have /buy the tier 6/7/8/9 and they stick to what they have done in the past at the split you will get

Monetary Value of the tier 7/8 +1 free tier 8 and then you can sell a 6/7/8x2/9

so effectively you get full refund for  tier 7 and 8

for the price of a Tier 6 and 9 you get to sell 6/7/8x2/9

not counting modules

tier 6 2950000

tier 7  5597000

tier 8  8900000

Tier 9 13600000

so spend 31 mil to buy all 4

you get 14,497000 refund at split

but can sell 6/7/8x2/ an 9 for half price approx 40mil/2 so 20 million+14,497000 = 34.5million so a 3.5mil profit

Plus you will get at least 1 8 point and commander for free

If they do what they have don at all other splits.

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles
11 hours ago, Hannibalurg said:

I have sold my New Orleans, i have yet not bought the Baltimore. But i have researched the Baltimore. Will i have the new tier IX allready researched then? Or, if i do not get Des Moins before the new CA lines arrives, will i need to re-grin

Ahh ok, great thx!

Thanks for the answers guys, i kinda grew bored of Cruisers, so don't really feel like playing T9 USN CA atm. But good to know i can just buy the new T9 and continue the grind if i do deem so to be fun again :)

By all means if you have researched so far then rebuy the cleveland if it's not in port!

You will get a jump on the new Line to Tier VIII for free.

Also if you are even only slightly interested in the permanent premium camo of either the new Tier VI Pensacola or Tier VIII Cleveland then buy the Cleveland permcamo now before the price triples from 1k to 3k and also get the Tier VI Camo for Cola for free on top.

Jeah I know I sound like a salesman but those are good tips! :Smile_coin: (only if you are interested in premiumcamos ofc. but the silver credits for Cleveland are DEFINATLY worth it)

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts

Existing exp on an elited Cleveland (I have all the current US cruisers from Cleveland in port) will hop to the new T6 Heavy Pensacola or stay on the new T8 Cleveland? Bit of a shame if it's on the Pepsi as it will be useless to me there other than for paid conversion purposes at some point and I'm not exactly short of Free XP at the moment.

[-5D-]
Beta Tester
899 posts
10 hours ago, T0byJug said:

ARR was reading on the phone.. @Hannibalurg if you have /buy the tier 6/7/8/9 and they stick to what they have done in the past at the split you will get

Monetary Value of the tier 7/8 +1 free tier 8 and then you can sell a 6/7/8x2/9

so effectively you get full refund for  tier 7 and 8

for the price of a Tier 6 and 9 you get to sell 6/7/8x2/9

not counting modules

tier 6 2950000

tier 7  5597000

tier 8  8900000

Tier 9 13600000

so spend 31 mil to buy all 4

you get 14,497000 refund at split

but can sell 6/7/8x2/ an 9 for half price approx 40mil/2 so 20 million+14,497000 = 34.5million so a 3.5mil profit

Plus you will get at least 1 8 point and commander for free

If they do what they have don at all other splits.

25 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

By all means if you have researched so far then rebuy the cleveland if it's not in port!

You will get a jump on the new Line to Tier VIII for free.

Also if you are even only slightly interested in the permanent premium camo of either the new Tier VI Pensacola or Tier VIII Cleveland then buy the Cleveland permcamo now before the price triples from 1k to 3k and also get the Tier VI Camo for Cola for free on top.

Jeah I know I sound like a salesman but those are good tips! :Smile_coin: (only if you are interested in premiumcamos ofc. but the silver credits for Cleveland are DEFINATLY worth it)

Thank you for your additional answers. 

One final question: When will the Line split happen?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,111 posts
20,781 battles
5 minutes ago, Hannibalurg said:

From what i have heard patch 0.7.6.0 so not the next patch but the one after. so middle to end of June i Guess.

Though there may be some missions to unlock some of the ships early like they did with french BBs

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles
1 hour ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Existing exp on an elited Cleveland (I have all the current US cruisers from Cleveland in port) will hop to the new T6 Heavy Pensacola or stay on the new T8 Cleveland? Bit of a shame if it's on the Pepsi as it will be useless to me there other than for paid conversion purposes at some point and I'm not exactly short of Free XP at the moment.

current cleveland xp will end up useless on the Cola sadly. Was the same for all the other splits too. :Smile_sad:

If you wanna have the shiny ships in the new line other than the given freebies you gotta grind em. There is no pregrind for it except the €€€ cash way....

Players
295 posts
1,724 battles
1 hour ago, Hannibalurg said:

The Line split will come in 2 phases:

On 0.7.5 we will get the new T8 cleveland, the new T9 (do not remember the name) and the downtier of Pensa, NO and Balti.

On 0.7.6 we will get the split of the line (deliver of the CL branch).

Also there'll be some US related missions and at least a new perma campaign (as Yamamoto campaign) for the new special US captain.

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
2 hours ago, Miessa3 said:

current cleveland xp will end up useless on the Cola sadly. Was the same for all the other splits too. :Smile_sad:

If you wanna have the shiny ships in the new line other than the given freebies you gotta grind em. There is no pregrind for it except the €€€ cash way....

I suspected that would be the case, shame that.

Oh well I have a fairly large amount of Free XP if I feel the urge to instagrind to the T9 or 10, I've nothing else to spend it on really at the moment as I'm not interested in Musashi and I generate a fair bit of Elite Commander XP playing my 19 pointer Captains.

Players
3,431 posts
17,170 battles
3 hours ago, T0byJug said:

From what i have heard patch 0.7.6.0 so not the next patch but the one after. so middle to end of June i Guess.

Though there may be some missions to unlock some of the ships early like they did with french BBs

2 hours ago, Vlad_Vado said:

The Line split will come in 2 phases:

On 0.7.5 we will get the new T8 cleveland, the new T9 (do not remember the name) and the downtier of Pensa, NO and Balti.

On 0.7.6 we will get the split of the line (deliver of the CL branch).

Also there'll be some US related missions and at least a new perma campaign (as Yamamoto campaign) for the new special US captain.

Aaarggh - now I am confused! :Smile_sad:

Two posters that I trust are telling me different things.

"Two men say they're Jesus one of them must be wrong."

Have Wargaming said anything definite on how the split will happen? I need to know how much time I have to complete my Baltimore -> Des Moines grind. I want to get it done before the split.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,111 posts
20,781 battles
23 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

Have Wargaming said anything definite on how the split will happen? I need to know how much time I have to complete my Baltimore -> Des Moines grind. I want to get it done before the split.

Easy we can  both be correct . I said tech tree split  comes 0.7.6.0 but there may be mission to get some ships Early

@Vlad_Vado says the Cleveland at the new tier IX comes a patch earlier  . The part of my comment in bold corresponds to Vlad's comment..

No panic old chap 

Go watch Notsers Vid

Keep the faith

• Cool 2

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,981 posts
28,589 battles
18 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

There is no definite announcement but what you can expect is this:

• 0.7.5 will probably arrive next thursday and with it a reshuffle of CAs and move of Cleveland to single ship CL branch.
  • 0.7.6 should bring the rest of CLs - Dallas, Helena, Seattle and Worcester

After 0.7.5 you'll be able to play Cleveland and collect XP but until 0.7.6 you won't be able to research or buy T9 Seattle. Same for Omaha > Dallas grind. If you are trying to to research DM, after 0.7.5 you'll have to finish the rest of the grind using Buffalo but your progress will be kept. So no worries there, in fact, I not 100% sure, you'll get a boost as new Buffalo don't have gun upgrade and those 27k XP you spent to research gun upgrade for Baltimore should be added to total progress toward DM. At list this is how it should be done.

Players
3,431 posts
17,170 battles
3 minutes ago, fumtu said:

There is no definite announcement but what you can expect is this:

• 0.7.5 will probably arrive next thursday and with it a reshuffle of CAs and move of Cleveland to single ship CL branch.
  • 0.7.6 should bring the rest of CLs - Dallas, Helena, Seattle and Worcester

After 0.7.5 you'll be able to play Cleveland and collect XP but until 0.7.6 you won't be able to research or buy T9 Seattle. Same for Omaha > Dallas grind. If you are trying to to research DM, after 0.7.5 you'll have to finish the rest of the grind using Buffalo but your progress will be kept. So no worries there, in fact, I not 100% sure, you'll get a boost as new Buffalo don't have gun upgrade and those 27k XP you spent to research gun upgrade will be added to total progress toward DM. At list this is how it should be done.

Ahh! Thank You! :Smile_honoring:

I think that Buffalo is probably a better ship than the current tier 9 Baltimore. (In some ways I wish that I was still at tier 8 so that I could do the tier 9 grind in the new ship.)

However, if I don't finish the grind before the split, then I'll have to either pay to get stuff demounted from Buffalo so that I can use it on Des Moines -OR- buy new upgrades for Des Moines. Either option is costly for my meagre finances. 

meagre finances =the penalty for running "premium everything" and being a potato. :Smile_sad:

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,981 posts
28,589 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

However, if I don't finish the grind before the split, then I'll have to either pay to get stuff demounted from Buffalo so that I can use it on Des Moines -OR- buy new upgrades for Des Moines. Either option is costly for my meagre finances.

After 0.7.5. all upgrades on every US cruiser from T6 to T9 should be demounted and put in you inventory. So you won't to pay anything for demounting/mounting them again by yourself unless you want to replace with some other upgrade. All upgrades you bought will be available in your inventory. 

Players
295 posts
1,724 battles

As far as I'm concerned Both @T0byJug and I may be correct. I think it's more of a semantic misunderstanding as the first changes comes on at least two patches. Form me, it's correct to say that the split comes at 0.7.6 as it's when the CL line is released. And I consider 0.7.5 to be the rework of the CA line. The only oddity is that the CA rework involves the Cleveland that changes branch and leads to some confusion (no CL line but Cleveland being released as CL).

Also it has been posted the announcement of the Hasley campaign for 0.7.5:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/special/american-cl-campaign/

Players
3,431 posts
17,170 battles
1 minute ago, fumtu said:

After 0.7.5. all upgrades on every US cruiser from T6 to T9 should be demounted and put in you inventory. So you won't to pay anything for demounting/mounting them again by yourself unless you want to replace with some other upgrade. All upgrades you bought will be available in your inventory. 

Agreed.  What I am worried about is this:

SITUATION A - Baltimore grind NOT finished before the split

1. I have to kit out Buffalo and play the ship to get the remaining XP to research Des Moines

2. I research & buy Des Moines

3. I then have to either buy new upgrades  for Des Moines (Concealment, AA Guns Mod 2 etc)  -OR-

demount these from Buffalo for gold and then put them on Des Moines

(because I don't have any spares in my inventory - they have to come from the tier 9 ship)

4. Then I can sell Buffalo

SITUATION B - Baltimore grind IS finished before the split

1. I buy the fully-researched Des Moines (if I have not done so already)

2. Install the upgrades on Des Moines that got demounted for FREE from Baltimore during the split (Concealment, AA Guns Mod 2 etc) 

The sale of Buffalo can be done at any time in this situation.

Can you see how SITUATION B saves me a lot of silver (and some gold) ?

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,981 posts
28,589 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

Agreed.  What I am worried about is this:

SITUATION A - Baltimore grind NOT finished before the split

1. I have to kit out Buffalo and play the ship to get the remaining XP to research Des Moines

2. I research & buy Des Moines

3. I then have to either buy new upgrades  for Des Moines (Concealment, AA Guns Mod 2 etc)  -OR-

demount these from Buffalo for gold and then put them on Des Moines

(because I don't have any spares in my inventory - they have to come from the tier 9 ship)

4. Then I can sell Buffalo

SITUATION B - Baltimore grind IS finished before the split

1. I buy the fully-researched Des Moines (if I have not done so already)

2. Install the upgrades on Des Moines that got demounted for FREE from Baltimore during the split (Concealment, AA Guns Mod 2 etc) 

The sale of Buffalo can be done at any time in this situation.

Can you see how SITUATION B saves me a lot of silver (and some gold) ?

Solution B would be better option for you, sure. If you have all US cruisers from T6 to T9 you should get credit value for double Pensacola and credits for price of gun upgrades for every US cruiser you have, if those upgrades were purchased. So you can get couple of millions just from that.

I never demount upgrades, just sell them and buy for new ship. But than again I have over 360 million credits so I don't have "money" issues :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this