You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
loppantorkel

API Access Consent

5 comments in this topic

Question

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

Our platforms (wows-numbers.com, wot-numbers.com) present data from Wargaming's products. This data is accessed via publicly available API as part of the WG DPP program. In order to be able to use all the functionalities of our platforms, you must agree to access the API.

Remember that our platforms only access publicly available information (e.g. number of battles, statistics). We do not collect private data (e.g. email address, number of credits).

You agree to:

• fetching data from API on your behalf,
  • processing and storing of fetched data,
  • display of fetched data in the website (tables, rankings, charts, comparisons etc),
  • sharing fetched data to all other users of our platforms, data will be public,

If you do not agree, you can still use our platforms.The lack of API access consent prevents proper functioning of certain elements of our platforms(eg updating data, searching). These functionalities will not be available or will not work properly

Remember that you can always change your mind through the button in the footer of the site.

This popped up at WoWs Stats & Numbers . It's a good site to see data, but I don't really know how far this agreement goes. Any good insights or recommendations? It's only gamedata, but that should be accessible from WoWs itself..? What does it have to fetch from my PC?

4 answers to this question

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,712 posts
14,220 battles

Wargaming make your play stats and other data available for use by other websites through an API (application programming interface) created as part of the DPP (Developer Partner Program) so that other websites are capable of accesing Wargamings data regarding your play stats. You'll notice that you log in to wows-numbers using your WG ID (this is because wows-numbers is partnered with WG via the WG DPP) and if you check your WG account management page there is a list of the third party websites (like wows-numbers) that you have authorised to access your account stats. Everything they access is stored by WG and WG are the ones who make it available to access if you grant consent.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
29 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

but that should be accessible from WoWs itself..? What does it have to fetch from my PC?

It doesn't take anything from you, you are agreeing that they get this info about you from WoWS.

If you click "no" I'm pretty sure your profile will simply stop getting updated, no new stats info will be added

[CATS]
Players
28,298 posts
14,932 battles

That is probably because of EU personal data protection rules that will be enforced from friday on.