You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Tayto

HMS Hood in the shop - but which camo?

29 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
10,057 battles

So I see Hood is back in the shop. Great ship, fantastic example of swashbuckling, aggressive, BC-like gameplay. Possibly my favourite ship in the game (tied with Gneis).

But which camo is this £40 version of Hood wearing? I see it has the flag, and the associated trinkets you normally get now. But when I bought Hood on release day for £92 (ninety-two pounds) for the top package, this was supposed to be the one and only way to get the historically accurate, admiralty grey paint job. Not the two-tone one, the one-colour paint job.

In the pictures on the store page, she is wearing this 'one-off' paint job.

Can someone ( @MrConway maybe?) confirm which paint job this version of Hood gets, please?

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,137 posts
5,512 battles

Presumably the one she comes with without purchasing the other two.

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
10,057 battles
Just now, lafeel said:

Presumably the one she comes with without purchasing the otherw two.

The hood top package came with two camos, the 'Hood' admiralty grey and the two tone one which was of her sister ship.

Every package except for the £92 top package was two tone.

You could ONLY get the admiralty grey camo buy purchasing the most expensive package.

I remember the furore on the forum on release day. Many collectors and history buffs were entaged by this fact.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,137 posts
5,512 battles

Well this is the one I got with mine, and I am pretty sure I did not buy the top package, seeing as I do not have a second camo or the Hood commemorative flag..

Presumably this is the one they refer to above, but I don't know *shrugs*

shot-18.05.22_22.15.48-0962.jpg

Also, the Repulse was not a sistership of the Hood.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
10,057 battles
19 minutes ago, lafeel said:

I knew as soon as I typed that it was wrong :fish_palm:

I really hope that's the case. I'm a bit of a whale in this game you see, spending fairly freely on the game (which I love) and I never regret it. I certainly don't regret the £92 on Hood because she's given me more hours - and a lot more joy - than the equivalent value of 4 matches of my frankly rubbish football team, or one night out on the lash.

I will be extremely disappointed if the 'exclusive' camo is now part of a package that's less than half price, however.

• Funny 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,137 posts
5,512 battles
1 minute ago, Mr_Tayto said:

I really hope that's the case. I'm a bit of a whale in this game you see, spending fairly freely on the game (which I love) and I never regret it. I certainly don't regret the £92 on Hood because she's given me more hours - and a lot more joy - than the equivalent value of 4 matches of my frankly rubbish football team, or one night out on the lash.

I will be extremely disappointed if the 'exclusive' camo is now part of a package that's less than half price, however.

Can't say I would blame you in the slightest for that..

Those two campaign camo's you can buy now look interesting at least, even if their bonuses are no different from the usual one she comes with.

• Cool 2

Modder, Alpha Tester
1,763 posts
1,060 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Tayto said:

two tone one which was of her sister ship.

The two tone camouflage is Repulse's December 1941 camouflage. None of Hood's sister-ships were ever built.

If you want a historically accurate paint scheme for Hood and can't get the camouflage, check out my skins thread. You might find something you'll like there - I've done all of Hood's paint schemes.

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
3,047 posts
14,635 battles
5 hours ago, Mr_Tayto said:

So I see Hood is back in the shop. Great ship, fantastic example of swashbuckling, aggressive, BC-like gameplay. Possibly my favourite ship in the game (tied with Gneis).

But which camo is this £40 version of Hood wearing? I see it has the flag, and the associated trinkets you normally get now. But when I bought Hood on release day for £92 (ninety-two pounds) for the top package, this was supposed to be the one and only way to get the historically accurate, admiralty grey paint job. Not the two-tone one, the one-colour paint job.

Can someone ( @MrConway maybe?) confirm which paint job this version of Hood gets, please?

all you have to do is click on the bundle in the shop then the picture under 'details' to see larger format pics - https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/9083/

Beta Tester
3,219 posts
3,717 battles

The "From the Bottom of the Sea" camo patterm - i .e. the Hood as Sunk - is rather nice. It makes her look a proper ghost ship, all right. I remember seeing something roughly equivalent on a Bismarck, at one time

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
10,057 battles
16 hours ago, Salentine said:

all you have to do is click on the bundle in the shop then the picture under 'details' to see larger format pics - https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/main/9083/

I know. I did that as soon as I saw the package in the shop.

It looks like admiralty grey but I want someone to tell me either way if it is or not.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,137 posts
5,512 battles
13 hours ago, Procrastes said:

The "From the Bottom of the Sea" camo patterm - i .e. the Hood as Sunk - is rather nice. It makes her look a proper ghost ship, all right. I remember seeing something roughly equivalent on a Bismarck, at one time

The Bismarck has a similar camo as well, which you can get by completing the Bismarck collection.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,710 posts
14,194 battles

image.thumb.png.76df23c563643d0696bc1fd9c8dbc9ef.png

These are the two Type 10 camos that Hood has. (Click image for much higher resolution)

The top is the plain grey Type 10 that was exclusive to the Hood bundles when it was first released. Is that what you're refering to?

The bottom is the Type 10 that the shop one comes with.

Beta Tester
2,800 posts
7,247 battles

I have Hood but not the cammos, i was thinking about the beat up from the bottom, to match Bizzis cammo, i find those gorgeous. :Smile_Default:

Decissions, decissions :fish_nerv:

Players
2,780 posts
17,292 battles

33 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

I know. I did that as soon as I saw the package in the shop.

It looks like admiralty grey but I want someone to tell me either way if it is or not.

You get "The Last Conquest" and From the Bottom of the Ocean.

aka "WTF, blue with white/red turrets..." or "Arizona at Pearl Harbour"

No historic Type 10 grey camo.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
3 hours ago, Benser said:

These are the two Type 10 camos that Hood has. (Click image for much higher resolution)

The top is the plain grey Type 10 that was exclusive to the Hood bundles when it was first released. Is that what you're refering to?

The bottom is the Type 10 that the shop one comes with.

If you hadn't said otherwise, I'd have thought top just never mounted any camo.

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
3 hours ago, Benser said:

I own Hood and she wears the bottom camo.

Can't believe WG are selling the Bottom of the Ocean and the faux Arizona style camos for that much. As they could be grinded in the Bismarck campaign.

Also I use the camo she was sold with as I think it looks pretty sweet.

Finally Hood is awesome. So fast and tanky with perfectly acceptable guns if you're used to the Warspite. I love her to bits and should play her more...

• Cool 1

1,710 posts
14,194 battles
5 hours ago, Riselotte said:

If you hadn't said otherwise, I'd have thought top just never mounted any camo.

It basically is the base skin, but it looks like a fresh coat of paint instead of some of the weathering.

image.thumb.png.cdcbb507e7ea550f464c82cb5ca47892.png

Base skin (no camo)

Type 10 release exclusive.

There is no pattern or textures anywhere on the skin that are different to the base camo as far as I'm aware, no badges or writing or anything, but I suppose if you want the premium benefits with the historical look then it's exactly what you'd want.

Beta Tester
3,219 posts
3,717 battles
10 hours ago, lafeel said:

The Bismarck has a similar camo as well, which you can get by completing the Bismarck collection.

You don't say? Is that collection still up and running?

1,710 posts
14,194 battles
9 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

You don't say? Is that collection still up and running?

Only by buying Bismarck boxes from the premium shop at the moment. There are occaisonal events to obtain these boxes without paying for them.

• Cool 1

Players
684 posts
5,137 battles
10 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

I have Hood but not the cammos, i was thinking about the beat up from the bottom, to match Bizzis cammo, i find those gorgeous. :Smile_Default:

Decissions, decissions :fish_nerv:

I got the camo's and not dah Hood :Smile_teethhappy: don't want one either certainly not at that price easy decission here.

HOOD.png

• Funny 1

[SHAD]
Players
155 posts
On 5/22/2018 at 11:13 PM, Mr_Tayto said:

The hood top package came with two camos, the 'Hood' admiralty grey and the two tone one which was of her sister ship.

On 5/22/2018 at 11:40 PM, Mr_Tayto said:
On 5/22/2018 at 11:17 PM, lafeel said:

Although Hood and Repulse were not sisters Hood did however have 3 planned sisters with the names Anson, Howe and Rodney these 3 there cancelled during construction the names were later re-assigned to other RN warships, Rodney the second Nelson class and Anson and Howe 2 of the KGV (1939), Repulse was the sister to Renown, it isn't unusual for Hood and Renown/Repulse to be labelled as sisters its very common, after all they do look similar.

Its a shame that WG have listed her historical camo just as Type 10 Hood this camo would have been AP 507B Medium Grey, she also supported AP 507C while serving in the Mediterranean Fleet, and the Last Conquest one that has just been made up is listed as her historical one, the descriptions of them need to be switched having the grey one listed as her historical one and the last conquest listed not as historical but made up.

Couldn't listing the Last Conquest as historically accurate be seen as Fraud or miss-information as it is not historical but is being sold as such?

Players
3,534 posts
14,238 battles
On 5/22/2018 at 10:59 PM, Mr_Tayto said:

WHALE!!!

ohhh yeah....

*looks at own port*

:Smile_trollface:

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
24 minutes ago, StBg17 said:

Although Hood and Repulse were not sisters Hood did however have 3 planned sisters with the names Anson, Howe and Rodney these 3 there cancelled during construction the names were later re-assigned to other RN warships, Rodney the second Nelson class and Anson and Howe 2 of the KGV (1939), Repulse was the sister to Renown, it isn't unusual for Hood and Renown/Repulse to be labelled as sisters its very common, after all they do look similar.

Its a shame that WG have listed her historical camo just as Type 10 Hood this camo would have bee AP 507B Medium Grey, and the Last Conquest one that has just been made up is listed as her historical one, the descriptions of them need to be switched having the grey one listed as her historical one and the last conquest listed not as historical but made up.

Couldn't listing the Last Conquest as historically accurate be seen as fraud as it is not historical but is being sold as such? 

I've always meant to ask this, so I'll just do it now.

How in the hell do you guys even find these threads to necro with posts like that? Do you use the forum search and look for year-old threads that make you think "oh boy this could use a correction or five"? :Smile_amazed:

No offense, but I am baffled over and over by this kind of thing... so I'll just pick you to ask :Smile_teethhappy:

[SHAFT]
Players
357 posts
4,376 battles
On 5/24/2018 at 6:31 AM, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

It basically is the base skin, but it looks like a fresh coat of paint instead of some of the weathering.

image.thumb.png.cdcbb507e7ea550f464c82cb5ca47892.png

Base skin (no camo)

Type 10 release exclusive.

There is no pattern or textures anywhere on the skin that are different to the base camo as far as I'm aware, no badges or writing or anything, but I suppose if you want the premium benefits with the historical look then it's exactly what you'd want.

You don't get the -3% detectibility with no camo though, remember.

[SHAD]
Players
155 posts
6 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I've always meant to ask this, so I'll just do it now.

How in the hell do you guys even find these threads to necro with posts like that? Do you use the forum search and look for year-old threads that make you think "oh boy this could use a correction or five"? :Smile_amazed:

No offense, but I am baffled over and over by this kind of thing... so I'll just pick you to ask :Smile_teethhappy:

I was googling Hood's WoWs camo, as I was curious as to what others have to say about it and I'm a bit of a Hood & Renown/Repulse geek and I can't help myself but to add info I didn't even realise it was a 2 year old post. :Smile_teethhappy: And I was not correcting info I was just adding to it in terms of Hood's 3 planned sisters etc. at least that was my intent.

But wouldn't selling a Camo listed as historically accurate when it is not even remotely so be classed a fraud? Or miss-information.?

• Cool 1