Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hades_warrior

So many BB's lately spam HE in battles - What the hell?!

112 comments in this topic

Players
3,962 posts
5,281 battles

Why so many BB's lately spam HE instead of AP? Is that because so many noob joined this game lately or what?

There is not a single battle without some high tier BB trying to burn me alive, and those BB's are all nations exept RN who do have HE purpose.

This game went from dumb to dumber...

• Cool 5

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,133 posts
5,512 battles

"lately"? People have been doing that ever since the RN bb's were added to the game..

• Cool 1

Players
3,962 posts
5,281 battles
1 minute ago, lafeel said:

"lately"? People have been doing that ever since the RN bb's were added to the game..

That is not entirely true. They did try to use HE for a bit, but it was not so much as this last 1-2 weeks or so. Now its every 2nd BB spaming HE in game... When you are a BB player this is really F** annoying when other BB burn you constant.

Like its not enough when DD or cruiser burning you, now and BB's have to do that. Really great... I would be less angy if someone citadel me then burn me -.-

• Cool 1

Players
3,962 posts
5,281 battles
16 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Except it is.

What is truth is that lately much more BB noobs spam HE then ever before.

They probably saw some youtuber doing that and now everyone spam it...

[JRM]
Players
7,058 posts

Well it depends m8, if u look at the fire chance as the one value most people will be interested in when they consider firing he shells  419mm conqueror shell and 430mm republique shell both have 48% fire chance, so no reason not to fire he from repubique if its justified to fire it from conq in the given situation and (I know they dont have the same pen value and max damage) acctually even the less capable bb he munitions of high tiers have fire chance in 35-ish range and it is usually enough to start fires u need. The problem is simple - he spam and resulting fire is easy damage = easy exp and cash.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,219 posts
14,924 battles

As many players predicted, UK BB teach bad gameplay.

As long as these people are on the enemy team, I do not care. Makes it easier for me.

• Cool 1

Players
3,962 posts
5,281 battles
10 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Well it depends m8, if u look at the fire chance as the one value most people will be interested in when they consider firing he shells  419mm conqueror shell and 430mm republique shell both have 48% fire chance, so no reason not to fire he from repubique if its justified to fire it from conq in the given situation and (I know they dont have the same pen value and max damage) acctually even the less capable bb he munitions of high tiers have fire chance in 35-ish range and it is usually enough to start fires u need. The problem is simple - he spam and resulting fire is easy damage = easy exp and cash.

Its not about those BBs like Conq who have high fire chance and spam HE, its about ALL BBs from tier 6+ and they dont have that good fire chance so firing HE is pointless.

Tonight I was spammed by Richelie, iowa (several Iowas), Scharnhorst and some others. And I saw this issue on some twitch channels also.

9 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

As many players predicted, UK BB teach bad gameplay.

As long as these people are on the enemy team, I do not care. Makes it easier for me.

How is that better and easier for you if you are the target of those BB noobs? When they burn you in the first 10 min of battle, you wont be glad.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
2 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Its not about those BBs like Conq who have high fire chance and spam HE, its about ALL BBs from tier 6+ and they dont have that good fire chance so firing HE is pointless.

Tonight I was spammed by Richelie, iowa (several Iowas), Scharnhorst and some others. And I saw this issue on some twitch channels also.

How is that better and easier for you if you are the target of those BB noobs? When they burn you in the first 10 min of battle, you wont be glad.

tbf, Scharnhorst might switch to HE even if it doesn't do much, because if the enemy is angled, 28 cm bounces a lot. Also, it's easier for them to make switches in ammo.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,219 posts
14,924 battles
3 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

• They do less burst damage to my ship with HE than with AP
  • I can repair more of the damage (if in BB or Cruiser with heal)
  • I can show more broadside and use all my guns with a smaller risk of getting punished
  • If they do the same, I can take them out (in a BB)
  • Cool 7

Community Contributor, Beta Tester
415 posts
22,533 battles

HE spamming BBs has been a thing since the RN line came out. A lot of people act like lemmings.
They see someone shoot HE instead of AP and/or they have been shot at a lot with HE from a BB and figured out they are gonna do the same since it seems "effective", which it is not...

Same thing happened when the KM DDs got released. Due to better AP than usual, other nation DDs started doing the same. And they still do that...

Edit: HE spam isn't especially effective since a decent BB player will know when to dmg.con and heal. Fire damage is 100% healable.
A player that constantly spams HE is less effective than a player using the correct ammo for the correct times.

And lets not start with the amount of low dmg salvos u get shooting HE salvos at another battleship that is broadsiding.
Sadly WG rewards damage more than anything else so HE spammers think they did good when they ended on top off the scoreboard.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
7,058 posts
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • I can show more broadside and use all my guns with a smaller risk of getting punished

Well it can be a dangerous assumption, as for instance one iowa found out just this morning, guy was completly convinced I am one of those fully oblivious to existence of ap munitions and decided to puttle round merrily fully broadsided to my conq, boy did he have a nasty surprise when those 13k a piece ap ahells came flying :cap_haloween:did the same thing this evning to a yama as well

[CATS]
Players
28,219 posts
14,924 battles

That is why I said the risk is smaller, not zero. Some players still have an idea when to use AP.

I would never go full broadside.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,020 posts
16,365 battles

More people find out, that doing 2-5k damage + an ocasional fire is somewhat better than shoting AP at a BB 15km away fully broadside and getting some 3 ricochets and 2 shatters.

AP shell behavior is way to random and unpredictable.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
28,219 posts
14,924 battles
1 minute ago, Azalgor said:

More people find out, that doing 2-5k damage + an ocasional fire is somewhat better than shoting AP at a BB 15km away fully broadside and getting some 3 ricochets and 2 shatters.

AP shell behavior is way to random and unpredictable.

Only if you are inexperienced.

• Bad 1

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

Why so many BB's lately spam HE instead of AP? Is that because so many noob joined this game lately or what?

There is not a single battle without some high tier BB trying to burn me alive, and those BB's are all nations exept RN who do have HE purpose.

Did you have like a 8 month long break from the game? Because "lately" we finally see potatoes starting to fire AP again, not just HE exclusively like it was after the release of RN BBs

40 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

This. Someone spamming nothing but HE is so much less dangerous than someone who knows when to use AP

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
257 posts
3,083 battles

i use HE depending on situation if a cv makes his target known to the team i tend to switch to HE and fire at that target with the whole intent on him catching a few fires and using his DMG CON so when the cv does his strike the potential for massive flood damage is there not to mention the fires from dive bombers are a lot more deadlier if your flooding as well

Players
3,962 posts
5,281 battles
45 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • If they do the same, I can take them out (in a BB)

If you are against 2 or even more HE BB spammers then burst doesnt matter. because you have to much fires on your ship and heal wont help much. You can heal some fire damage but with this scenario you are just overpowered.

On papper they should have low chance for fire but somehow when they do 3-6k per HE salvo (and that is quite offen) there is also +1 fire in like every 2nd salvo...

13 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Only if you are inexperienced.

Some may be unexperienced, but I think most of them are just trolling.

43 minutes ago, CLyDeThaMonKeY said:

HE spamming BBs has been a thing since the RN line came out. A lot of people act like lemmings.
They see someone shoot HE instead of AP and/or they have been shot at a lot with HE from a BB and figured out they are gonna do the same since it seems "effective", which it is not...

Same thing happened when the KM DDs got released. Due to better AP than usual, other nation DDs started doing the same. And they still do that...

Edit: HE spam isn't especially effective since a decent BB player will know when to dmg.con and heal. Fire damage is 100% healable.
A player that constantly spams HE is less effective than a player using the correct ammo for the correct times.

And lets not start with the amount of low dmg salvos u get shooting HE salvos at another battleship that is broadsiding.
Sadly WG rewards damage more than anything else so HE spammers think they did good when they ended on top off the scoreboard.

Like I said, there was much more BB HE spammers lately then when RN BB's came out. At least from my experience. When RN BB's come in game, I saw sometimes BB HE spammers but not so much. And this past 1-2 weeks game is ridiculous with BB HE spammers on every corner.

You are right about them see someone who shoot HE and then think its more effective. Those kind of noobs probably knows that AP do more damage then HE shells but they want to troll other BB players.

Fire damage is healable but like I said to ColonelPete above, when you are faced with to many fire sources (spammers) your chances of survival are low. Especially if you sail in mid tier BB like me and you cant take island cover because you are damn slow.

If WG didnt tweak around AP balistic in game in patch 0.7.2, maybe there wouldn't be so much HE Spammers who dislike the further usage of AP.

Players
3,962 posts
5,281 battles
18 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Did you have like a 8 month long break from the game? Because "lately" we finally see potatoes starting to fire AP again, not just HE exclusively like it was after the release of RN BBs

Active for last 6 months.

Obviously experiences are different.

Weekend Tester
997 posts
5,910 battles
2 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

If I saw you damage conned, I will go for a HE salvo. A fire is 18% damage - way more than a citadel.

[CATS]
Players
28,219 posts
14,924 battles
1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

If you are against 2 or even more HE BB spammers then burst doesnt matter. because you have to much fires on your ship and heal wont help much. You can heal some fire damage but with this scenario you are just overpowered.

On papper they should have low chance for fire but somehow when they do 3-6k per HE salvo (and that is quite offen) there is also +1 fire in like every 2nd salvo...

• 2 or more BB take you apart with AP much faster, you cannot angle vs all enemy
  • One BB can tank two enemy HE spamming BB for a time, if you face them longer or even more BB, you are out of position anyway

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,979 posts
7,359 battles

Sorry, I couldn't resist :

Beta Tester
4,711 posts
11,192 battles
4 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

Not sure how many have joined, but we can start the count at you.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
4 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

In this scenario, either...

• They would've been better off firing AP at you, taking you out faster.
  • They were in no position to reliably pen you and switched to HE to get something done. In which case, are you blaming them for actually not just going for the lolbounces off your angled armour?

In either case, if you find yourself overwhelmed, might be you were overextented. But the issue here isn't some non-British BBs spamming HE.

Players
2,383 posts

I am moving up the French BB list and have found that I do far more damage with HE than AP; so far I am at Tier VIII now and the HE does so much damage that I don't bother with AP.

So for me, only for my French BB's, HE works better. Wouldn't dream of HE for any other nationality....so far.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this