Aotearas

Match settings defaulting to CoOp for no reason

20 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Okay, what the actual f*ck!?

Let me preface the problem by stating that I as good as never play CoOp and I can't even remember when I played CoOp the last time. Most certainly I didn't play any CoOp games yesterday, only Randoms. As such the default setting on my type of match selection should be Randoms.

Except I just played my first game only to find out it was in a CoOp (sadly the match started before I could leave the queue after realizing it). Ergo the game, for some unknown reason, defaulted my type of battle selection back to CoOp.

Here a screenshot of a tracking site that proves I hadn't played any CoOp recently (aside from the one match I played right now due this BS):

Recent_Co_Op.jpg

So, can anyone tell me why the game defaulted the battle type from my usual Randoms to CoOp ... @MrConway, @Tuccy, @Crysantos?

Again, I didn't play any CoOp recently, last game I played yesterday before logging off was Randoms as usual, and I most assuredly didn't select CoOp for no reason before logging off yesterday or after logging in today.

There was no patch that might've defaulted settings back either, so I'm at a loss here ... this simply should't have happened at all. Do I have to check my battle type settings like a paranoid conspiracy theorist before entering each battle just to make sure I won't waste precious premium camouflages and signalflags!?

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
Just now, Paimentaja said:

Have you been penalized recently? (Chat ban, TK ect.)

No.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
Just now, Klopirat said:

did someone else use your PC to play wows?

No, I live alone.

Players
367 posts
17,443 battles
1 minute ago, Aotearas said:

No.

Well, dbl check that. If not, then I guess the preferences -file should be deleted (and integrity checked). You will lose every option change you've done in the process. But that should reset everything back to default.

Just now, Klopirat said:

did someone else use your PC to play wows?

And this thing ofc should be checked as well.

Beta Tester
1,650 posts
8,138 battles

Have you used the "enter queue" (or what it is called) button in the missionstab for the last match you played before logging off?

I had this bug recently too. When I was foolish enough to use those it changed the mode to coop right after that game. When I then pressed the normal Battle Button I found myself playing coop.

Annoying bug.

• Cool 1

Players
367 posts
17,443 battles
6 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Have you used the "enter queue" (or what it is called) button in the missionstab for the last match you played before logging off?

I had this bug recently too. When I was foolish enough to use those it changed the mode to coop right after that game. When I then pressed the normal Battle Button I found myself playing coop.

Annoying bug.

Ok, this I wasn't aware of. This should ofc also be resetted with the deletion of the preferences -file.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
1 minute ago, Miessa3 said:

Annoying bug.

No.

WG Staff
3,413 posts
14,801 battles

Please put this into bug reports and make sure to send a ticket to CS so that it's in the system. I haven't seen any complaints about this yet, but I'll forward it. Usually it's a new client thing to be set to Co-Op - do you have any mods installed? Sounds like a preference file issue, let's see if others encounter the same thing. Moving the topic to bugs :)

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,111 posts
20,790 battles

@Aotearas

I say user error..your a scrub after all.....:Smile_hiding:

Do you have a second account that you sometimes log in on?  One that maybe defaults to Coop as you have not played enough in that account to unlock PvP. (its a long time since I started but i seem to remember that at the start you have to play Coop before PvP is unlocked. Had a friend at mine resonantly who needed to do some daily mission and he used my PC. I could alway tell his last game Mode as it was what was selected when i logged back in with my profile

Players
31 posts
3,880 battles

Did you play in a training room? After leaving a training room, the Game mode Co-Op is automatically selected...

(At least that's what happens when I do that :)

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,873 posts
9,059 battles

Look into your replay folder and search for the correspondending replay-file (site says it was a Guilio Cesare match).

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

No, no and no.

I have not made any changes to my client, reinstalled, installed mods or whatever, nor do I have a smurf account or some such thing. Neither do I think a preferences.xml corruption is likely, since as mentioned I didn't change anything recently that could cause said file to get corrupted. At least not from my end.

And if we could dispense with the ID10T error code assumptions, that would be appreciated.

5 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Look into your replay folder and search for the correspondending replay-file (site says it was a Guilio Cesare match).

How would that help? The match itself has precious little to do with the actual error here, it's just a result thereof.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

@Aotearas any chance you were in a training room / training battle when you quit the game to desktop (without going to port before quitting)?

That's the only thing I've seen resetting the battle mode to Co-Op :cap_hmm:

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
5 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

@Aotearas any chance you were in a training room / training battle when you quit the game to desktop (without going to port before quitting)?

That's the only thing I've seen resetting the battle mode to Co-Op :cap_hmm:

No.

Like I said, last match I played yesterday was Randoms as usual. Changed nothing before logging out. Logged back in today, changed nothing, only to see in the MM queue that I'm somehow queueing for CoOp instead of what should be Randoms.

WG Staff
3,413 posts
14,801 battles
13 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

No.

Like I said, last match I played yesterday was Randoms as usual. Changed nothing before logging out. Logged back in today, changed nothing, only to see in the MM queue that I'm somehow queueing for CoOp instead of what should be Randoms.

Can you let me know if this is reproducable?

Greetings, Crysantos

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Oh, I can play Randoms just fine after switching battle type again, it's just that the game itself appears to have switched to CoOp overnight for no reason.

[4_0_4]
Players
7,800 posts
14,340 battles

My client does this after I finished a training battle :cap_hmm:

But I expected that to be the norm?

Sign in to follow this