Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rygarion

Do you keep your highest or last rank

17 comments in this topic

[CN]
Players
11 posts
10,532 battles

Hi guys,

after looking for a definite answer and couldn't find one, I have to ask here.

After ranked season 9 has ended, what will be your final rank that is shown afterwards?

Just asking, because if your final rank and not your last will be it, it would incentivise players to stop playing when they feel they can't easily advance and fear loosing their ranks.

Greets,

Rygarion

[DAVY]
Players
163 posts
10,459 battles

What principat said, the rank you're on when the season ends is the rank you will be put at, so if you was rank 3, moved to 2 but went back down to 3 again and the season ends, you will still be on rank 3 

[CN]
Players
11 posts
10,532 battles

So if you manage to advance to rank 2 and fall back to rank 10 at the end of the ranked season, you will be shown ingame as rank 10 Afterwards.

Too bad.

I think this will - statistically - make more and more players stop playing, the higher their rank, because they don't want to lose it, won't it?

[DAVY]
Players
163 posts
10,459 battles

Most players going for rank 1 will take a break if they're on a losing streak and come back after a day or whatever, the more frustrated you get the worse you'll perform so I don't think it makes people stop playing altogether. It may put off less skilled players imo, or those that don't want to grind ranked, etc

Beta Tester
2,799 posts
7,242 battles
9 minutes ago, Rygarion said:

So if you manage to advance to rank 2 and fall back to rank 10 at the end of the ranked season, you will be shown ingame as rank 10 Afterwards.

Too bad.

I think this will - statistically - make more and more players stop playing, the higher their rank, because they don't want to lose it, won't it?

From what i know, the highest rank you "unlocked" is shown as your highest ranked untill the next season starts, example, you made your way up to R2 but due to a loosing streak you were left at R9, the R2 will be shown as your highest rank, again till a new season starts.

Happy hunting skipper. 

:Smile_honoring:

Edit: Feel free to correct me if im wrong. 

Edited by Major_Damage225

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

It's the rank you were when season ended. So yes, if you go to 2 and then fall back to 10 - you will be shown as a 10.

As for losing streaks - if you lose 2...3 games in a row just quit it. When you are angry / tilted you will play worse resulting in more defeats. Take a pause, play more later / the next day.

• Cool 1

[CN]
Players
11 posts
10,532 battles

Thanks! I know that next seasons stars are determined by your last rank. I just wasn't sure what your "shown" rank will be. I hope you're right :D

All in all, I'll post a definite answer here, after the season has ended, since I will most likely be worse off in the end... o.O

edit: ah, ok. Well, your comment about angrily playing is surely a wise one.

Beta Tester
2,799 posts
7,242 battles
6 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

It's the rank you were when season ended. So yes, if you go to 2 and then fall back to 10 - you will be shown as a 10.

As for losing streaks - if you lose 2...3 games in a row just quit it. When you are angry / tilted you will play worse resulting in more defeats. Take a pause, play more later / the next day.

Ahh, so its the rank you are at the end and not the highest rank you unlocked then? 

I always thought it was the katter, well thanks for clearing that up. :Smile_honoring:

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
4 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Ahh, so its the rank you are at the end and not the highest rank you unlocked then? 

I always thought it was the katter, well thanks for clearing that up. :Smile_honoring:

I got up to R8 last time, but finished the season as a 9. Sailed around with the 9 next to my name between the seasons :SadPepe:

I think I would prefer the "highest you hit" being shown as your rank, then again someone getting lucky...

Not that it matters apart from bragging rights and another excuse as to why your team lost :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

Players
2,476 posts
7,916 battles

For me it was always the highest, but I never went down from my highest rank, so can not know...

• Boring 1

Players
310 posts
19,375 battles
7 hours ago, _Xaero_ said:

Most players going for rank 1 will take a break if they're on a losing streak and come back after a day or whatever, the more frustrated you get the worse you'll perform so I don't think it makes people stop playing altogether. It may put off less skilled players imo, or those that don't want to grind ranked, etc

I learned this the hard way, got to the top of rank 8 early on then had one of those days, 40 battles with 8 wins. Lost all stars back to the bottom of R10, I just kept going getting worse and worse as the frustration increased. Then went away for a week with work with no game time and since then been refreshed but only doing 2-5 battles a day and steadily climbing.

[DAVY]
Players
163 posts
10,459 battles
8 hours ago, Andy_the_Cupid_Stunt said:

I learned this the hard way, got to the top of rank 8 early on then had one of those days, 40 battles with 8 wins. Lost all stars back to the bottom of R10, I just kept going getting worse and worse as the frustration increased. Then went away for a week with work with no game time and since then been refreshed but only doing 2-5 battles a day and steadily climbing.

I've been going up one star a day, I have found that I don't rage so easily and makes ranked much more enjoyable by taking it slow and steady

• Cool 1

[CN]
Players
11 posts
10,532 battles

Well, ranked season nine is over. I made it up (down) to rank 4 and stopped playing a couple of days before it ended, because I was out of town.

I hope you guys had fun. I sure did.

The more I climbed up the ladder, the better and more interesting the games were.

Most of all the players got better and better and played more strategically.

Most games were pretty damn close.

Since then I wish "normal" games would be like ranked :D

• Cool 1

Players
1,109 posts
12,576 battles

I think this season was absolutely horrible, since tier 8 is very boring for progressed players at the moment (at least, in my opinion). Tier 7,9,10 or even 5 or 6 is fine, but by god, please not tier 8 again

Players
2,476 posts
7,916 battles

So it happened that I managed to play only in 1 day and spent rest of the season in Asia. Rank 18 to 12 in a day(got those good flags). Hopefully I have more time next season.

[JRM]
Players
6,996 posts

I second that next Season be T6, had loads of fun last it was and need to use Perth more 

Sign in to follow this