Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Migantium_Mashum

Burning ships and repair.

29 comments in this topic

Players
2,371 posts

I have just come from my game in Shimakaze. Unfortunately, I got slammed early by the enemy Shimakaze because of a Des Moines radar and a Missouri.

So anyway, staying with the game, I follow our team to defeat and yet I watch something that to me makes absolutely no sense.

Our Moskva is going toe to toe with a Conqueror.

Moskva fires a salvo of HE and the Conqueror burns with a least 2 fires, within 10 seconds though the fires go out so it must have been the repair function, literally the next salvo from Moskva, approx 15 seconds later, puts the Conqueror back on fire... Within 5 seconds the fires are out...

I don't have Conqueror or know its capabilities so does anyone have any ideas??

Players
2,371 posts
2 minutes ago, Infiriel said:

Pics or didn`t happen...

Yeah can understand that...unfortunately didn't have my Bandicam running and never thought of a screenshot because wasn't expecting it... so it is safe to assume that this is not normal?

If I submit a ticket can WG look at the replay??

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts

Only thing I can think of is the second salvo was inside the 15s that Conquerors repair party was active, which is entirely possible as Moskva reload with the Main Battery Mod 3 is 9.1s, allow a second or two for aiming or whatever and it's plausible. I've never watched that closely to see if with an active Repair Party the fire animation springs up, but no damage is done and that might also be dependent on client graphics settings.

Players
2,371 posts

No I don't and I understand this is a problem... As I said I was not running my Bandicam... Could WG not find the replay for the game?

If not then obviously I cannot validate what I am saying.. I know it happened but cannot prove it.

Players
2,371 posts
2 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Only thing I can think of is the second salvo was inside the 15s that Conquerors repair party was active, which is entirely possible as Moskva reload with the Main Battery Mod 3 is 9.1s, allow a second or two for aiming or whatever and it's plausible. I've never watched that closely to see if with an active Repair Party the fire animation springs up, but no damage is done and that might also be dependent on client graphics settings.

Could very well explain what happened then... as I said I haven't got her myself yet.

Players
2,371 posts
2 minutes ago, Infiriel said:

@Migantium_Mashum

Try this: https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/articles/128/

This should help if you see anything unexplainable in the future.

Thank you for this. Just checking as it says https://na. will this work for eu games?

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,863 posts
9,050 battles
25 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I know it happened but cannot prove it.

You do not know what happened, you just assume something happend!

That is a huge difference!

Do not mix up opinion with knowledge!

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Could it be just a wrong estimation of time passed? You can get your fire duration on BBs down to something around 35s (signal + DMCS Mod 2 + BoS)

Also Conq putting out fires is just lol, 4 fires do 1.33% of your HP per sec, while your heal heals 2%. 4 fires + flooding = heal :Smile_trollface: Of course, the heal could have been on cooldown, but still - putting those fires out sounds like a dumb choice :cap_yes:

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
1 hour ago, Infiriel said:

@BeauNidl3
You can`t get a fire when damage con is active (or any other incapacitation, or DoT effect), so this wasn`t a case.

Don't you see them at least for a very short time while DCP is running but they get extinguished instantly? Like a short burst of fire.

But yeah, a replay would have been helpful. People tend to wrongly estimate times and durations.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
23 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

Don't you see them at least for a very short time while DCP is running but they get extinguished instantly? Like a short burst of fire.

That used to be the case, but was removed some (long-ish) time ago. Now while dama-con is active you simply can't start them

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
2 hours ago, Infiriel said:

@BeauNidl3
You can`t get a fire when damage con is active (or any other incapacitation, or DoT effect), so this wasn`t a case.

@Migantium_Mashum

Try this: https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/articles/128/

This should help if you see anything unexplainable in the future.

I'm aware that you can't get a DoT fire going while Dama-con is active, but the graphic might pop up if it registers one that's immediately extinguished by the active repair, as I said I don't know if that's even possible, but it's the only explanation I have for a plausible chain of events leading him to see a very brief fire on the second salvo.

As far as I know all the fire and flooding mechanics so the Dama-con are effectively server side so I don't see any way to hack it. 

Players
2,371 posts
8 hours ago, principat121 said:

You do not know what happened, you just assume something happend!

That is a huge difference!

Do not mix up opinion with knowledge!

Please will you re-read my original post.

The reference " I know what I saw but cannot prove it" was in reply to Infiriel regarding replays and nothing else...perhaps a different choice of words.

I saw something I could not explain, my eyes passed the information through my optic nerve to my brain which could not understand why a particular scenario occurred.

I turn to the forum to explain what I saw and ask for ideas.

1 member (Infiriel) said no pics no proof, which is right.

Another member said maybe I didn't accurately record the time, which is possible.

So on and so forth.

Every answer could be the right one for what I saw in that game and possibly it could even be a glitch.

Unless players post what they consider are strange events how do WG spot potential problems?

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
10 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

but the graphic might pop up if it registers one that's immediately extinguished by the active repair

Can't happen

For the graphic to appear you need to set that fire, which is impossible while dmg-con is active (also that graphic appears like 1...2 seconds after the fire has started as the fire "ramps up"). It's 100% fire reduction - chance of you setting a fire is 0% no matter what's your ships fire chance. Same idea as Detonation Flag - you can't detonate with it mounted as the chance becomes 0. There is no animation "you would have detonated now if you didn't have the flag"

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,187 posts
11,272 battles

dear OP,

Why do you think you need to record something to save the replay of a game?

6.5K battles.. and I don't want to think that you have no idea for ingame reply system, which saves all the games you played in reply files... which have totally insignificant file sizes???

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,111 posts
20,776 battles
18 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I have just come from my game in Shimakaze. Unfortunately, I got slammed early by the enemy Shimakaze because of a Des Moines radar and a Missouri.

So anyway, staying with the game, I follow our team to defeat and yet I watch something that to me makes absolutely no sense.

Our Moskva is going toe to toe with a Conqueror.

Moskva fires a salvo of HE and the Conqueror burns with a least 2 fires, within 10 seconds though the fires go out so it must have been the repair function, literally the next salvo from Moskva, approx 15 seconds later, puts the Conqueror back on fire... Within 5 seconds the fires are out...

I don't have Conqueror or know its capabilities so does anyone have any ideas??

OK not bothered to read all posts so someone may have answered already. if so sorry 

RN BBs rapair lasts for 15 seconds. so any fire in that time will go out as well.

Also Basics of Survivability  skill adds 15% to this, and Damage Control Party Modification 1 Module can increase bu 40%

so if ship has both you can increase by 55% so 23 seconds so after the player presses repair any fires that start in the next 23 seconds will go out immediately

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles

Might've been a rendering issue with the fire. Sometimes things don't render, which makes it seem like the fires go out when they're actually still burning.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,111 posts
20,776 battles
3 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Can't happen

For the graphic to appear you need to set that fire, which is impossible while dmg-con is active (also that graphic appears like 1...2 seconds after the fire has started as the fire "ramps up"). It's 100% fire reduction - chance of you setting a fire is 0% no matter what's your ships fire chance. Same idea as Detonation Flag - you can't detonate with it mounted as the chance becomes 0. There is no animation "you would have detonated now if you didn't have the flag"

im pretty sure you still get credited with a fire you start while damage control is active. Im not 100% certain but i think the fire still flares up but goes out again without doing damage. (the player being set on fire will not see the icon on his ship)

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,421 posts
4,391 battles
43 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

dear OP,

6.5K battles.. and I don't want to think that you have no idea for ingame reply system, which saves all the games you played in reply files... which have totally insignificant file sizes???

Because some people stull don't know that you can actually turn on the replays, just not through the client and thus expect that to record a game you need an external application (like Bandicam in this instance). 

Also there are games with centralised, serverside replay systems that are not available playerside, whcih may contribute to the OP's belief upon not seeing an activate replay in the client, that replays are not clientside

• Cool 1

Players
2,371 posts
2 hours ago, Excavatus said:

dear OP,

I did not know about replays, even after 6.5k battles. But, they are in place now....

1 hour ago, piritskenyer said:

Because some people stull don't know that you can actually turn on the replays, just not through the client and thus expect that to record a game you need an external application (like Bandicam in this instance). 

Also there are games with centralised, serverside replay systems that are not available playerside, whcih may contribute to the OP's belief upon not seeing an activate replay in the client, that replays are not clientside

Exactly.

• Cool 1

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, T0byJug said:

im pretty sure you still get credited with a fire you start while damage control is active.

You don't get credited simply bcuz you don't start one :Smile_teethhappy: While it's active you have effectively 100% fire resistance

You used to get that flash (set a fire but it instantly goes out), but that got patched ages ago

Sign in to follow this