Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bartleby74

Should I sell Kurfurst and buy back Bismarck?

49 comments in this topic

[2CMF]
Players
129 posts
9,794 battles

Quite simple, i am facing a dilemma with the Kurfurst. I don't like it (feels like a bigger FdG, a ship that felt like a huge letdown) and sorely miss the Bismarck, but can't buy a Bismarck without selling the Kurfurst. I would hate to find out that Bismarck is actually lacking compared to Kurfurst and I'm just looking at ti through rosy glasses, so, what's your feeling?

Is the Bismarck better than Kurfurst? Maybe It's just that I haven't learned how to enjoy the Kurfurst; just played 35 battles, but it feels so much like a FdG with 4 turrets, and I was disappointed for all 163 battles i made with FdG... Or maybe the Bismarck is actually a better ship at Tier VIII than Kurfurst is at Tier X?

• Bad 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,911 battles

Erm, the ship is just fine...

Try learning to play? Your stats would imply you still have quite a bit to learn if you are on the GK...

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[2CMF]
Players
129 posts
9,794 battles
8 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Erm, the ship is just fine...

Try learning to play? Your stats would imply you still have quite a bit to learn if you are on the GK...

Thank you for your time.

Players
361 posts
17,342 battles

I was more than happy with the Bismark, then I got the FdG and boy, was I feeling betrayed... When I finally grinded the FdG to the GK, I did not even buy the darn thing and was even happier when I remembered, that I did not sell the Bis. Now I every once in a while take my Bis out for a ride and it performs just like it used to do (after the universal BB re-what-you-want-to-call-it -happening).

So, I have no personal experience regarding the GK, but can say that the Bismark is way better than the FdG. My friend on the other hand told that the GK is very meh, but, can be quite good when the player itself is unicum and surrounded with good division memebers / team.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,911 battles
9 minutes ago, Bartleby74 said:

Thank you for your time.

My pleasure, just make sure to look up some guides.

• Bad 1

Players
75 posts
10,888 battles

If we go just by feeling, the Bismarck is (tier for tier) the better ship for me.

I can acknowledge that the Currywurst has a place in the game and that it can perform in the right hands, but between its horrible guns angles on the X/Y turrets, its glacier like agility and its dispersion (that goes out of its way to troll me whenever possible) I currently just cannot make it work either.

But, as getting a T10 means you invested a lot of time and credits, why not save up a few more credits and get the Bismarck in addition to it? T8s aren't too expensive and having one in port is surely never a bad idea.

Edited by ColdWarFish
it's != its... doh
  • Cool 2

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,295 battles

Personally I prefer the GK, but there you go.

The GK will always be in tier X games (for obvious reasons), and tier X games dont tend to have brawls, but usually feature more long range combat. Also at tier X cruisers are actually potent and not just a free kill.

The bismark has the POTENTIAL to be top tier and beat up some squishy tier 6 ships, many of who barely have main gun range longer than your secondaries, dont do more than tickle you, and a generally a free lunch.

However the bismark also has the potential (and given recent MM is very likely to) to end up in the tier X games as well. In which case you're in the same game the GK would have got, but in a worse ship.

• Cool 1

[SKRUB]
Players
554 posts
21,840 battles

Bismark is a tier 8 and Kurfurst a tier 10.

So you can't compare this two ship, because Kurfust should alway beat bismark.

Gameplay is another thing, if i take Nuremberg and Graff Spee, i dislike both.

For the first one, i dislike his gun arrangement and if someone see you wrongly, you are dead, for the second it's only a fail scharnhorst.

But are they really bad ? Yes Graff Spee is garbadge, no i just don't like their gameplay.

Now GK is a very tanky, slugish ship etc...

But you face much stronger ship and it's look like you kinda struggle against them. =o

And you regret your old Bishmark.

But seeling a T-10 is a waist of silver, the simple question is do you really want bismark in your port now ?

If yes => Seel GK and rebuy Bismark 

If no => Grind money and rebuy Bismark 

[SHAFT]
Players
1,180 posts
24,557 battles

OP better play lower tiers until you have mastered how to be effective for your team.  Try watching some youtube guys, for example Flamu, Notser, Aerroon.
You seem to be under performing and not offering much for your team.

Players
75 posts
10,888 battles
Gerade eben, slow_hand sagte:

Bismarck is 50% reduced in price next weekend. Maybe you can afford it without selling GK.

A very good point, didn't even remember that. :Smile_great:

[2CMF]
Players
129 posts
9,794 battles
1 minute ago, slow_hand said:

Bismarck is 50% reduced in price next weekend. Maybe you can afford it without selling GK.

Really? Wow, that would do it! I have like 6 million silver and won't be selling Chapayev for Domskoi until the end of ranked season...

Players
371 posts
7,900 battles

Dont do it!
Gk yes is harder to learn.You have to adjust to her size, clumsiness but its a solid T10.With bismarck u will face anyways T10 ships because muh t8MM.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles
22 minutes ago, Lebedjev said:

For the first one, i dislike his gun arrangement and if someone see you wrongly, you are dead, for the second it's only a fail scharnhorst.

But are they really bad ? Yes Graff Spee is garbadge, no i just don't like their gameplay.

But you face much stronger ship and it's look like you kinda struggle against them. =o

But seeling a T-10 is a waist of silver, the simple question is do you really want bismark in your port now ?

skybuck-approval-signmiuab.png

• Funny 1

Players
3,962 posts
5,268 battles
1 hour ago, Bartleby74 said:

Is the Bismarck better than Kurfurst? 

No, no, and hell no.

Kurfurst is IMO the only good ship in German BB line.

I started that line long time ago just to get Kurfurst one day as I tought its worth all that pain and trouble the grind cause, but I just hate to much Bismarck and especially Grose.

Players
685 posts
5,687 battles

Just grind credits and buy Bismarck this weekend with the discount. Buying a t10 ship just to sell it again is a huge waste of silver, even if you rarely play it.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
1 hour ago, Xevious_Red said:

Personally I prefer the GK, but there you go.

The GK will always be in tier X games (for obvious reasons), and tier X games dont tend to have brawls, but usually feature more long range combat. Also at tier X cruisers are actually potent and not just a free kill.

The bismark has the POTENTIAL to be top tier and beat up some squishy tier 6 ships, many of who barely have main gun range longer than your secondaries, dont do more than tickle you, and a generally a free lunch.

However the bismark also has the potential (and given recent MM is very likely to) to end up in the tier X games as well. In which case you're in the same game the GK would have got, but in a worse ship.

Bismarck in TX matches isn't really in all that bad a place. I for my part prefer Bismarck over FdG in these situations for sure. Bismarck has better concealment, better maneuverability and is smaller, so less of a target. Bismarck shells bounce off other BBs bows, but that is true for all T8+ BBs that are not Yamato/Musashi or fire HE. Bismarck still can do ok against cruisers and DDs though and has decent armour. Many of the things that are dangerous to FdG and GK (mostly crap like British BB HE and Hindenburg long-range HE spam) are also what poses the greatest threat to you, but as a smaller less visible ship you are better off.

That is not to say Bismarck beats GK, but Bismarck is T8. GK is T10. And as long as you don't mind getting also thrown into T10 matches, having a decent chance to fight T6 and T7 makes it very enjoyable and tier for tier, Bismarck as top tier has a much easier time walking over lower tiered opposition than GK.

1 hour ago, Lebedjev said:

Nürnberg's only real issue is the lack of armour, that is universal at T6. Other than that, it's a good cruiser with monstrous RoF, pretty good range, free IFHE and while the turrets are mostly placed in the rear, they turn 360°, making it far less problematic than other designs with turrets mostly in the rear. The turret configuration also makes for decent kiting qualities.

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,295 battles
9 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

I for my part prefer Bismarck over FdG in these situations for sure.

The FDG is terrible, its one of the worst ships Ive played. The GK however feels a lot more solid - the 50% extra firepower means the derpy dispersion doesnt matter too much

Weekend Tester
873 posts
6,620 battles
2 hours ago, Bartleby74 said:

Quite simple, i am facing a dilemma with the Kurfurst. I don't like it (feels like a bigger FdG, a ship that felt like a huge letdown) and sorely miss the Bismarck, but can't buy a Bismarck without selling the Kurfurst. I would hate to find out that Bismarck is actually lacking compared to Kurfurst and I'm just looking at ti through rosy glasses, so, what's your feeling?

Is the Bismarck better than Kurfurst? Maybe It's just that I haven't learned how to enjoy the Kurfurst; just played 35 battles, but it feels so much like a FdG with 4 turrets, and I was disappointed for all 163 battles i made with FdG... Or maybe the Bismarck is actually a better ship at Tier VIII than Kurfurst is at Tier X?

Why not buy both? Credits gaining isn't that hard if you play well and have premium ships and account to grind those credits.

I love both Kurfurst + Bismarck/Tirpitz and I feel that Kurfurst is stronger than Bismarck in my eyes even it is in T10 matchmaker. If you are on Bismarck and get T10 match, you will be eaten first. Everyone has their conclusion about this, but think this twice or more do you want get rid off Kurfurst or not. 

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
891 posts
8,490 battles
2 hours ago, Bartleby74 said:

It is a good idea to not sell tier 10 ships.

Better grind some credits and rebuy the Bismarck, it will not go anywhere. And keep GK in port.

I have terrible stats in the Bismarck, much prefered the Tirpitz. With the GKurfurst I am improving after a sluggish start.

Yeah, maybe Bismarck tier for tier is better than the GK, it is a matter of how you assess things, but not really comparable since the +2 tier difference.

Cheers

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
21 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

The FDG is terrible, its one of the worst ships Ive played. The GK however feels a lot more solid - the 50% extra firepower means the derpy dispersion doesnt matter too much

Played it during Space battles. Felt solid. Main improvements imo:

• You not just get 50% more guns, you also finally get 6 fast-loading rifles in the front. Bow camping puts you no longer at a great firepower disadvantage, except against Yamato/Musashi. With FdG, you basically have to either make do with 4 guns or find a second target to your side.
  • The secondaries actually get improved. While not ideal, I'd say this ship gets far more out of a secondary spec than the FdG. Bismarck secondaries mostly are decent for T8 and hurt a lot at lower tiers. FdG has worse MM and cannot use them as much. GK finally gets an array of 128 mm guns to throw in with IFHE.
  • Bow plating gets improved. This ship is the least likely to get overmatched.

I just cannot see me play FdG enough to get a GK anytime soon. 

Players
3,962 posts
5,268 battles
1 hour ago, Riselotte said:

Bismarck shells bounce off other BBs bows, but that is true for all T8+ BBs that are not Yamato/Musashi or fire HE.

I dont agree on this. Carolina for example have very strong main guns and can penetrate almost anything. Richelie do have smaller caliber but many players underestimate those French guns as they can do a sh1tload of damage.

[NED]
Players
2,096 posts
8,343 battles

never sell a tier X ship even if it sucks.

They at one point gave out dragon flags for every tier X ship you had who knows when they might do that again.

Sign in to follow this