Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yuudachi_San_Poi

Shinonome

17 comments in this topic

Players
7 posts
7,230 battles

Wows staff (who is in charge of ship balancing etc etc), can you explain why did you made Shinonome one of the worst prem ships in the game. I do realize its a earnable prem, but its complete garbage, a laugthing ship with that shity performance, the regular ship was better (fubuki t8) then this. Will it ever recieve a proper balance or just forget that IJN ships will ever be good like others and just scrap a worthless tropthy?

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,979 posts
7,359 battles

Hm ?

I actually quite like Shinonome, it's a very decent tier 6 with no real weaknesses (except AA, but you are supposed to know that when playing IJN DDs anyway). The guns are enough for self-defense, the torps reload quite fast and you launch 9 of them, and the meh range is still more than enough.

For a free premium ship, it's a very decent ship. Aigle may be better and Gallant is as good.

• Bad 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

I don't have a Shino (because I'm lazy and haven't bothered with missions), but is there a reason it is "bad"? I mean, from what I see, it's a Fubuki with its third turret and a bit shorter ranged torpedoes and less AA. Given Bucky isn't some AA goddess anyway (pretty much no IJN DD can defend itself properly against a same-tier CV), I always considered Shinonome a pretty nice ship I would like to have some day, when I can be bothered to continue that campaign. If top tier, it might even be a genuine hybrid boat.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
33 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

I don't have a Shino (because I'm lazy and haven't bothered with missions), but is there a reason it is "bad"?

Nope.

The ship is rocksolid. Nothing spectacular and no particularily interesting gimmick or whatever, but as a freely earnable premium ship the better credit income and the ability to switch around, train and retrain captains on it can't be understated, particularily for players that don't have premiums that can do that job already.

The only thing I'd classify as objectively bad would be the happenstance that the MM at her tier is essentially just asking to get kicked in your precious bits, but that's hardly something unique to the Shininome.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,364 posts
9,717 battles

While we are on the topic of bad IJN DDs - why is Fubucky still at tier 6 instead of 4? When is this bug going to be fixed?

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,457 posts
20,571 battles

Shinonome is the closest you'll ever get to T8 Fubuki, which was one of the best DDs tier for tier.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
28,177 posts
14,910 battles
52 minutes ago, Geralt_z_Rivii365 said:

While we are on the topic of bad IJN DDs - why is Fubucky still at tier 6 instead of 4? When is this bug going to be fixed?

I too miss the old Fubuki, but the new one is a LOT better than Tier IV.

Players
2,210 posts
4,794 battles

I struggled with my Shinonome to start with, too. I just couldn't get any of my torpedoes to land for some reason. It took something like ten matches to finally get a Devastating Strike achievement, which is weird for me.

As such, I've decided to make a dedicated commander for her set up as a gunboat build. I've got the turret rotation speed up and the reload is down to something equivalent to a base Fubuki, so at the very least she can easily outgun her sister. In theory she should be able to match Farragut based solely on her flatter shell arcs and having four guns to the rear compared to two in front on the Farragut (I'm assuming a chase situation, full broadside I'm still at a disadvantage).

@Hatsune_Miku_ARP

I took a quick look at your stats (I hope you don't mind me doing so) and I have to say, you seem to be doing fine in her (granted I only used the WoWS EU main site, not one of those stats sites). 22 kills vs 22 matches, averaging one kill per match, and you've won 13 of those matches, for a WR of 59%. I only wish my 14 wins out of 31 matches (45%), with 29 total kills looked as good.

[CAPT]
Players
494 posts
12,420 battles
2 hours ago, Geralt_z_Rivii365 said:

I have had great luck with her, the ship that really should be dropped a tier is the Hatsuharu.

Players
7 posts
7,230 battles
8 hours ago, DarthDon49 said:

I have had great luck with her, the ship that really should be dropped a tier is the Hatsuharu.

i agree with that, she needs to get lower.

Players
7 posts
7,230 battles
9 hours ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

I struggled with my Shinonome to start with, too. I just couldn't get any of my torpedoes to land for some reason. It took something like ten matches to finally get a Devastating Strike achievement, which is weird for me.

As such, I've decided to make a dedicated commander for her set up as a gunboat build. I've got the turret rotation speed up and the reload is down to something equivalent to a base Fubuki, so at the very least she can easily outgun her sister. In theory she should be able to match Farragut based solely on her flatter shell arcs and having four guns to the rear compared to two in front on the Farragut (I'm assuming a chase situation, full broadside I'm still at a disadvantage).

@Hatsune_Miku_ARP

I took a quick look at your stats (I hope you don't mind me doing so) and I have to say, you seem to be doing fine in her (granted I only used the WoWS EU main site, not one of those stats sites). 22 kills vs 22 matches, averaging one kill per match, and you've won 13 of those matches, for a WR of 59%. I only wish my 14 wins out of 31 matches (45%), with 29 total kills looked as good.

still its very hard to play with her and get good results in a meta where every other dd besides ijn is powerfull in any way, faster and has good gun traverse.

Players
10,213 posts
11,991 battles
8 hours ago, Hatsune_Miku_ARP said:

still its very hard to play with her and get good results in a meta where every other dd besides ijn is powerfull in any way, faster and has good gun traverse.

So issue is with Shinonome or entire concept of dedicated torpedo boats among multipurpose destroyers?:Smile_popcorn:

• Funny 1

Players
7 posts
7,230 battles
On 5/21/2018 at 8:44 PM, Panocek said:

So issue is with Shinonome or entire concept of dedicated torpedo boats among multipurpose destroyers?:Smile_popcorn:

just with shinonome, i do understand IJN is garbage in wg universe but would be nice to see lower ships decent against others, not trash like now. And yes torpdoe detection is retarded compared with others.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
38 minutes ago, Hatsune_Miku_ARP said:

just with shinonome, i do understand IJN is garbage in wg universe but would be nice to see lower ships decent against others, not trash like now. And yes torpdoe detection is retarded compared with others.

Honestly, Shinonome is still at a tier where IJN is pretty competitive. The complaints about IJN being crap come from higher tiers, especially with ships like the Fletcher getting good torps and good guns, compared to Yuugumo. And higher tiers not being very competitive in a meta like typical T8 ranked.

Players
7 posts
7,230 battles
21 hours ago, Riselotte said:

Honestly, Shinonome is still at a tier where IJN is pretty competitive. The complaints about IJN being crap come from higher tiers, especially with ships like the Fletcher getting good torps and good guns, compared to Yuugumo. And higher tiers not being very competitive in a meta like typical T8 ranked.

You do know that shino gets t8 matches, where she is complete garbage against everything, especialy when theres a cv.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,979 posts
7,359 battles

And... so what ? Same for Farragut, Anshan and Fubuki...

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
16 minutes ago, Hatsune_Miku_ARP said:

You do know that shino gets t8 matches, where she is complete garbage against everything, especialy when theres a cv.

Applies to all T6 DDs. Maybe Russian gunboats suffer less from that. And worse than the CV in T8 matches are T8 DDs. Benson, Loyang, Hsienyang, Akizuki and Harekaze outspot you and rip your ship apart if they want to.

Sign in to follow this