You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
sillybunny123

Gameplay Suggestion : Fuel System

42 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
2,098 battles

What about a fuel Managment ?

imagine a game where ships have to keep an eye on their fuel Efficiency  this could make matches so much more intense and tactical .

how does it work ? Well pretty easy : everyone starts with a full tank . destroyer have the smalest tank and Battleships the biggest . 

you can/have to refill at the base . since Destroyer have the smallest tank we could get rid of those torpedo spamming Destroyers . they could go into the fight and shoot all their torpedos but than have to turn back to the base immediately to refill .

Battleships dont really have to refill  and can fight througout the whole match . Cruisers have to refill at least once in a match  depents on how fast you are driving . faster= more fuel burned . 

you could safe some fuel and attack at the end while every one has to refill or slow down to make it to the end .

you can run out of fuel if you didnt got fast enough  back to refill . but you wont be dead . you can still fight but cant move anymore . 

ships could share fuel and give other teammates a little bit of fuel to get back to their base .

what do you think about this idea ?

• Funny 8
  • Bad 11
  • Angry 1

[PUPSI]
Players
801 posts
2,665 battles

Wouldn't be fun, and would also encourage more camping at the back 'in case I run out of fuel'. It would penalise players who go after the objective; in fact, it would be a direct nerf to the class most likely to contest objectives.

And while historical accuracy comes second to game balance, it would make absolutely no sense for ships which would spend weeks at sea to not be able to carry enough fuel for a 20-minute engagement. So it would be counter-intuitive. WG do a decent job of maintaining a good degree of historical authenticity (as distinct from accuracy) within an arcadey game, and this idea would break that.

• Cool 6

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles

User name checks out. There is already the torp reload, no need to simulate refueling, it's already balanced without an additional parameter. 

Also players are already struggling with the current game mechanics, as you surely know.

Btw, what does your BB do when the cruisers have to refuel and the CV decides to send you to the bottom? :Smile_trollface:

Nono...let's not complicate matters...you apparently suck at dealing with DD and it's a case of gitting gut.

Spoiler

memegenerator.net-778066609639754.jpg

• Cool 8

[PUPSI]
Players
801 posts
2,665 battles
52 minutes ago, aboomination said:
  Hide contents

Could be a candidate to replace 'nerf stealth fire' or any of the other ones that have actually happened, amirite?

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts

No, stupid idea. It would add no intensity or tactical value.

If you think BB's don't already have massive advantages then you really should take those blinkers off. Who do you think spots the targets for you to farm with your guns?

Here's a counter proposal applied only to BB's (well a few)

1. BB guns could be historically accurate i.e. sub 10% of your shells fired will hit.

2. Fires take at least the full game duration to extinguish, while on fire you flood your magazines or you explode, can't fire and the smoke reduces your accuracy to nil.

3. Floods take 20 mins to plug and if you're at any real speed the damage to the ship causes incurable listing, inability to steer and drops speed to nil.

I doubt you will like the ideas, but they're as sensible as yours.

• Cool 2

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,866 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, sillybunny123 sagte:

we could get rid of those torpedo spamming Destroyers

Stopped reading there, someone is just salty because his big strong battleship can't win each match singlehanded.

• Cool 2

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

tl;dr. From what I've read I can say only one thing:  *edited*....

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate language
  • Cool 1

Players
5,638 posts
2 hours ago, sillybunny123 said:

What about a fuel Managment ?

imagine a game where ships have to keep an eye on their fuel Efficiency  this could make matches so much more intense and tactical .

how does it work ? Well pretty easy : everyone starts with a full tank . destroyer have the smalest tank and Battleships the biggest . 

you can/have to refill at the base . since Destroyer have the smallest tank we could get rid of those torpedo spamming Destroyers . they could go into the fight and shoot all their torpedos but than have to turn back to the base immediately to refill .

Battleships dont really have to refill  and can fight througout the whole match .

You don't understand this game, do you?

One example: After a short fight, our Yamato is exposed in this situation:

xbkmaaud.jpg

Yamato waits for me (I am the Yugumo) so I can protect both Yamato and Zao:

ivaczeet.jpg

I use my RPF, ping enemy Gearing on the mini-map, spot Gearing torpedoes and we kill the enemy Gearing together:

9oxyhbm4.jpg

That's how this game works. You don't want that your DD goes home. This is a team-based game. Ships work together.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
41 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Stopped reading there, someone is just salty because his big strong battleship can't win each match singlehanded.

Atm he looks more like a cruiser main , though. But that's hard to tell after just 500 battles.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,421 posts
20,497 battles
1 hour ago, aboomination said:
  Hide contents

GgOZbdr.jpg

• Funny 3

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,508 posts
8,893 battles

Stupidest idea that I've ever read in this forum.

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,183 posts
11,264 battles

Congrats op!!

This is bay far the most idiotic idea to buff BB more on this forum for ever I've started reading.

Really.. I am in awe!!

Sorry but I've checked your stats, not only It can be seen that you have no games in DDs, but from your message it can be understood that you have absolutely no idea what DDs are supposed to do and how valuable they are for your precious BB.. and clearly you don't know the game in general actually..

Really.. The level of intelligence of this community.. drops faster than a drunk welsh in the snow!

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,979 posts
7,359 battles

Learn the game before making stupid suggestions.

Don't criticize something you barely know.

[PUPSI]
Players
801 posts
2,665 battles

Also, OP, if you're finding it hard to dodge torpedoes, this short video might be helpful. I certainly found it was.

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
5,716 posts
13,064 battles
10 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

GgOZbdr.jpg

uPmlZHV.gif

[XODUS]
Players
799 posts
4,868 battles

Fantastic idea let us have fuel management in this game. 

My Fletcher class destroyer has a range of about 2000 nautical miles at full speed, that is enough for me to do the high speed run from Gibraltar to Alexandria through the Mediterranean. 

on average i travel about 50km per full length game, so about 27 nautical miles. 

that means i would need to refuel every 75 games in my Fletcher on average. 

i can live with having to refuel a ship once every 75 games. 

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
29 minutes ago, JaiFoh said:

Fantastic idea let us have fuel management in this game. 

My Fletcher class destroyer has a range of about 2000 nautical miles at full speed, that is enough for me to do the high speed run from Gibraltar to Alexandria through the Mediterranean. 

on average i travel about 50km per full length game, so about 27 nautical miles. 

that means i would need to refuel every 75 games in my Fletcher on average. 

i can live with having to refuel a ship once every 75 games. 

That had occurred to me too and it's a valid point, but it''s clear what the OP actually wants is to knobble DD's as he dislikes them torpedoing him from stealth. It's a learn to play issue as we all know.

Edit: Oh and DD's had smaller fuel tanks yes, but they also had narrow hulls, very low loaded weight  and used vastly less fuel than BB's so their endurance was longer than many BB's of a comparable era so the OP's basic premise is completely off too.

• Cool 3

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,125 posts
11,146 battles
16 hours ago, sillybunny123 said:

Destroyer have the smallest tank we could get rid of those torpedo spamming Destroyers . they could go into the fight and shoot all their torpedos but than have to turn back to the base immediately to refill .

Battleships dont really have to refill  and can fight througout the whole match

lol'd

I have an actual suggestion now.
Forum awards.

We can call them the Skybucks.

5b02c0324420b_theskybucks.jpg.ce78a8f87b983101da88752da0ddc9b1.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 10