You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
spcapten

Super Containers Premium ships distribution

7 comments in this topic

Question

Players
22 posts
12,684 battles

Hi, I want to address an issue with the frequency one can get premium ships from containers (Christmas and Super ones a like). I have a friend who has played 1/3 of the battles I have played but has managed to get 28 premium ships from containers and those are just the ones he kept. If we count also the duplicates he got then its more than 50! Just to get an image, he received Okhotnik 6x times in total! Jut 3 days ago he got Abruzzi from a container and yesterday Z-39, for which I payed 29€.  Me for instance, I have bought more than 300 containers of all types through those two years and never received a single premium ship. Not even a duplicate one. I have 90% of the premium ships you could acquire in the game bought, having spend a remarkable amount of money which I dont regret. Now we have the same account value, with him having payed less than 1/10 from what I have spent in money. But nevertheless I just wanted to ask, isn't it a bit frustrating with the current ''luck/''''lottery'' mechanism to have such extremities? I mean wouldn't it be better instead of having supper happy & supper angry players to have a mechanism of some equal distribution of those gifts? I think it would be better if 50 players would get one premium ship from a container than just one player getting 50 premium ships in the same way. Thank you.

6 answers to this question

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,830 battles

The 300 containers you bought, did they even have a chance to contain ships? For example the Bismarck and Yamamoto containers don't.

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
485 posts
8,176 battles

Are you sure your friend is even telling the truth? To date, even with the Yamamoto campaign I don't think I've even had 50 super containers, let alone 50 premium ships from them.

I think I have had ~25 super containers and have had 2 premium ships from them, Murmansk and Arizona.

That said, I use my daily containers for credits, I do not roll the "Try your luck".

And, as @Commander_Cornflakes has suggested, be aware that only super containers have a chance to contain premium ships.

[CAPT]
Players
269 posts
9,145 battles

I always try my luck and have gotten 2 premium ships on both the EU and NA servers from containers for a total of 4. I have opened many super containers only to get signals, upgrades, silver, and once, 1,000 doubloons. Obviously, not all super containers are born equal!

Players
3 posts
298 battles

though I've not played WoWs as much as you guys I've played in excess of 15000 battles in WoT console and I know people who've received a lot of premium tanks out of loot boxes where as I have received the sum total of none they are completely random and It's not even funny anymore I kinda wish they would remove all this random crap from all their (wargaming) games but probably won't, I usually only receive premium days and other useless stuff. 

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
485 posts
8,176 battles
17 hours ago, deathstar4005 said:

though I've not played WoWs as much as you guys I've played in excess of 15000 battles in WoT console and I know people who've received a lot of premium tanks out of loot boxes where as I have received the sum total of none they are completely random and It's not even funny anymore I kinda wish they would remove all this random crap from all their (wargaming) games but probably won't, I usually only receive premium days and other useless stuff. 

But WoT doesn't have daily containers like WoWS does, it only has boxes you buy with real money during event periods like christmas, etc. At least from my own 15,000 battles experience.

Players
430 posts
4,209 battles
On 5/21/2018 at 12:24 PM, deathstar4005 said:

As far as I understand, this is the current trend in at least online games. And it's not like WG are leading the way here either: others came up with 'loot boxes' long before and WG are just following suite. And to my understanding, at least for now, WGs implementation is far more customer friendly than a lot of others, some of which I hear are blatant money grabs.

And if you look at it from a marketing perspective, loot boxes make a lot of sense...