You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TheEntireGermanEmpire

New line/nation to work on?

8 comments in this topic

Players
28 posts
3,887 battles

So, as my account name suggest, I was focused on "completing" the Kriegsmarine.
With the exception of The GZ, everything is in my hangar and ever captain in the main lines is either 18 or 19 points.
I tend to play in streaks of a few weeks whenever the urge hits me, so I have a... hard time coming back and jumping into high lvl matches to try and get that last point. Its embarrassing how much one can forget when taking time off...

So I'd see and give myself a new goal and something to do on lower tiers.
But what could that be?
I've started on a few lines before the KM came out, but there are a "few" more choices now.

Since I've got brawling BBs, APing cruisers and smoke/hydroing gunpedoboats, what line or even nation would offer a different playstyle to sink my teeth into?

[AAO]
Players
1,924 posts
9,983 battles

US carriers :Smile_trollface:

edit: the serious answer: PA DDs

• Funny 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,049 posts
24,916 battles
15 hours ago, TheEntireGermanEmpire said:

So, as my account name suggest, I was focused on "completing" the Kriegsmarine.
With the exception of The GZ, everything is in my hangar and ever captain in the main lines is either 18 or 19 points.
I tend to play in streaks of a few weeks whenever the urge hits me, so I have a... hard time coming back and jumping into high lvl matches to try and get that last point. Its embarrassing how much one can forget when taking time off...

So I'd see and give myself a new goal and something to do on lower tiers.
But what could that be?
I've started on a few lines before the KM came out, but there are a "few" more choices now.

Since I've got brawling BBs, APing cruisers and smoke/hydroing gunpedoboats, what line or even nation would offer a different playstyle to sink my teeth into?

In BBs I would suggest US or IJN BBs without a doubt, they have the correct BB play, with guns that rewards good play, I play mostly US BBs myself nowadays, they are slow and therefor a little uninspring until T8 where they go faster. Good AA. But they reward good BB play, you must however be careful with your position especially the lower tiers as it takes forever to reposition. 

They are no brawlers. My favouite ships are Wyoming, New Mexico(arizona), N Carolina (alabama), many other players love Iowa, Missouri, Montana also.

IJN are less consistent but are generally at lower/mid tiers faster, mediocre AA, longer functional gun range, have some ships at the  start T3/4 that are really among the worse at their tier , but they you are quickly through. The mid tiers T5-8 are really good and rewards good BB play and punishes bad. T9 is not so fun (but it ws my first line) and in the end you have the Yamato!.

Cruisers - Personally I like the RU cruisers up to T8 - railguns - some of them are among my most played ships, weak armour, fast but wide turning circles, good long run kiters, but from T6-T8(9) needing IFHE, T9 and T10, is no favourite. Favourites : Bogatyr the best T3 ship all categories! (But you need a high end captain to make it a monster and I have 19!!), T6 Budyonny, T8 Kutuzov, Chapayev. 

The IJN line I like - good long range torps (bad angles though) , functional guns, decent speed, very good kiters. 8-inch guns already from T5. Slow rate of fire.

Favourites: For me Chikuma (19 p) I have one of the most games on the whole server in her, without doubt the best T2 cruiser, despite its slow RoF, you land hits with her at max range, while try to that with Novik or Drsden and you hit harder with good fire chance. T4 Kuma is fine, one problem is that from T7-9 they are more or less the same ship (as they should be as IJN liked the generally design) but with the tier specific modules an so on, can feel a little boring and with no real progression - same hp same guns, you can choose to play the Mogami with 155 to make it more fun and interesting. Zao at T10 is a very good kiter and spammer with very functional guns, her torps are howvere strangely of shorter range even though they are much stronger so they are very situational, while the 10 km range are more area denial which you can use now and then but not so often as you might think.

The RN is also different, with their AP only low calibre style and smoke, very different from all the other lines, challenging to play, the low tiers to T5 are not so fun even though I have revisited T2-4 in my cpatain 10 p project to get all t3+ ships to 10 p captains. T5 Emerald I just placed a 10 p captain in as i really ghhated that ship as the T9 IJN BB Izumo. But T6 and up are good to very good ships if you like the playstyle but they are not for beginners, and you must endure the first tiers until T6.

French cruisers are generally good kiters fire spammers functional middle of the road ships but less carrying ships, IMO the most "boring" average cruiser line. But no really bad ships and some good, D-T at T4 and T8 and 9 I found good.

Have played every line to T10 apart from CVs even if I have played very few T10 games in many of the ship lines. I have described the cruisers more as I play them with the most enthusiasm. 

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,462 posts
6,635 battles
10 hours ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

I want Yugoslav sheeps, but WG don't care about my feels :Smile_sad:

Give it time....we'll get them after they run out of main lines.

This is what I've mushed up together a while back....and yes I named it Portorož, cause I'm biased...sue me.

yugoslav_battleship_portoroz_by_bormos3-

A bit of copy-paste from deviantart

Spoiler

**Before I go any further let me just say that this is a ship design I've made in my spare time for fun and is therefore not meant to be realistic in any way (such as lacking enough escape boats or AA and such). This image is just how I imagined this type of a ship. Also, certain parts of this ship were taken from other works (although none were private), so if there is anybody who happens to recognise any piece of their work implemented here and wishes to get specifically credited for it, let me know and I'll mention you.**

Battleship Portorož is a combination of all kinds of technologies from different places. As I've always found Austro-Hungarian and German ships to be quite similar to each other I've decided to continue this trend with this ship (even though Yugoslavia and Germany were only allies for about two days) and used the german H battleship hull as a template. As those designs were absurdly large I've shortened it and brought it more in line with ships like the Iowa class. For the turrets I've taken the proposed but enlarged designs for the Ersatz Monarch, too keep some authenticity. Because yugoslavia decided to upgrade their destroyers with US technologies I've decided to keep their fire control system, but because the country itself was communist, they would've probably gotten some help from the Soviet Union as well, which is why I included soviet dual purpose secondary artillery, making this thip a healthy combination of technologies from all three sides of the second world war.

Another idea could be to move the scout plane to the ship's aft end and install additional AA and secondary batteries where it was previously.

Specifications (again, not meant to be realistic):
Displacement: 58.000 tons (standard), 65.000 tons (full load)
Armor: Not really sure, but since the hull is german it's probably in line with their H class designs
Speed: 32-33kn

Main battery configuration: 4/3 or 2/3,2/2 to make it slightly less mainstream
Main battery size: 406mm or 420mm, both of these could fit.

AA:
Bofor 40mm/60 model/36 (others could be used)
ZIF-75 57mm (quad) (cause why not)
Dual purpose artillery 58 SM-2-1 Twin 130mm

Plane:
J-20 Kraguj with an added float.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,910 posts
6,248 battles
7 hours ago, domen3 said:

This is what I've mushed up together a while back....and yes I named it Portorož, cause I'm biased...sue me

But but, where is Piran? u know the sistership premium :Smile_ohmy:

:Smile-_tongue:

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,462 posts
6,635 battles
4 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

But but, where is Piran? u know the sistership premium :Smile_ohmy:

:Smile-_tongue:

Damn, how could I have possibly forgotten about her...I best go draw her right now...

• Funny 1