You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
deathstar4005

can any battleship in game fire main batteries at 1 second intervals?

8 comments in this topic

Question

Players
3 posts
298 battles

hi I was just in a match in my premium tier VII Hood and got absolutely obliterated by a battleship firing all main guns at 1 second intervals I mean this was downright blatant cheating but could I report it? NO! the player in question was *edit   or a variation of that with probably a zero instead of an O but you get the point any way how can Mods like this even get on the game and you not being able to report it without sending them a video clip this is just pure crap and one of the reasons I hope WoWs comes to consoles

Edited by Jbnn
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

7 answers to this question

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,841 battles

There is so much wrong with this post I don't even know where to start. :fish_palm:

First of all:

Forum rules: Naming&Shaming is not allowed so you should remove the player's name.

Vor 10 Minuten, deathstar4005 sagte:

a battleship firing all main guns at 1 second intervals

Secondary guns ≠ main guns

Vor 10 Minuten, deathstar4005 sagte:

I mean this was downright blatant cheating

Cheats like that don't exist in a server-based game like WoWs. All calculations are done by the server and it's nearly impossible to hack that. Not to mention it's not worth all the effort just to sink you.

Vor 11 Minuten, deathstar4005 sagte:

but could I report it? NO!

Yes, you can. I mean, you could, if there actually was a problem. https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/

Vor 12 Minuten, deathstar4005 sagte:

any way how can Mods like this even get on the game

They can't.

Vor 12 Minuten, deathstar4005 sagte:

and you not being able to report it without sending them a video clip

Obviously they do need some kind of proof to do something. Or would you prefer if I could just say "deathstar4005 is a cheater, he torped my through an island" and you get banned?

Vor 15 Minuten, deathstar4005 sagte:

and one of the reasons I hope WoWs comes to consoles

How would that change anything?

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,728 posts
9,234 battles
17 hours ago, deathstar4005 said:

hi I was just in a match in my premium tier VII Hood and got absolutely obliterated by a battleship firing all main guns at 1 second intervals I mean this was downright blatant cheating but could I report it? NO! the player in question was *edit   or a variation of that with probably a zero instead of an O but you get the point any way how can Mods like this even get on the game and you not being able to report it without sending them a video clip this is just pure crap and one of the reasons I hope WoWs comes to consoles

Your problems in no particular order of importance:

1) Joined 9 days ago
2) Have less than 200 battles
3) Only went to T4
4) Bought a tough to play premium T7 BB

In short, even if there was cheating like in the game (which there isn't), you wouldn't even be able to distinguish it from normal gameplay.

but you get the point any way how can Mods like this even get on the game and you not being able to report it without sending them a video clip

More on this:
What did you expect? You to be able to show up with literally no evidence of blatant cheating and expect him to be banned forthwith?

What is this, 1950's America McCarthyism ?

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,011 battles

hi I was just in a match in my premium tier VII Hood and got absolutely obliterated by a battleship firing all main guns at 1 second intervals I mean this was downright blatant cheating but could I report it? NO! the player in question was *edit   or a variation of that with probably a zero instead of an O but you get the point any way how can Mods like this even get on the game and you not being able to report it without sending them a video clip this is just pure crap and one of the reasons I hope WoWs comes to consoles

Fixed that for you :cap_tea:

1st of all - either (most likely) those were secondaries not his main guns, or (less likely) what you mean is him holding his mouse button to fire them one-by-one. Either way - you failed with your "I'm so smart"

2nd - you can report it, support team exists for a reason. Then again, there's nothing to report here :fish_palm:

3rd - naming and shaming is against the rules

4th - no, mods like that can't get in the game. What mods that we have do is mostly just changing some visual stuff like your crosshair or teamlists. Some add something useful like "ships info panel" letting you quickly check stuff like their range or whatever.

5th - already said you can report if there actually is something to report

6th - oh a console peasant. Also how exactly that would change literally anything?

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
494 posts
8,188 battles

Yeah, it sounds like you came up against someone in a ship with a secondary battery build like a bismark/tirpitz/Freidrich der Grosse, they can direct their many secondary guns at specific targets with reasonable accuracy at ranges exceeding 10km thanks to the commander skill "Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament". German and French BBs can employ this tactic particularly well thanks to the design of their ships. You don't see this below tier 7 as the commander skill is less effective on ships below tier 7, and not many ships have such useful secondary batteries.

If you're not convinced then perhaps you should consider asking players politely ingame how they've achieved what you did not expect or activating replays and watching games back later to see events unfold again.

Beta Tester
2,255 posts
2,948 battles

One would think that a BB main would have learned to recognize the difference between the main guns and the secondaries even in this few games.

As stated before, there is no battleship in the game that can manage even one main battery shell every second, let alone all of them. You most likely got hurt by the secondaries.

In case you can't guess, the higher tier German BB's have some seriously nasty secondaries with the right commander skills and or modules. And I don't even want to think what a Musashi can do to a Hood if you run into one of those..

Players
65 posts
9 battles

All Op questions were already answered so I guess I'll close this thread. 

Have a nice day.

PD: Remind to avoid naming and shaming in forums.