Sign in to follow this  
Rekeo

upcoming premium ships?

10 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
12 battles

Hi, 

I have a question about premium ships, i have been told they are the best way to make credits,  i cant find any premium ships really like. Not really into battleships. so is there some sort of schedule, i dont want to waste my money on a ship then a different 1 come out tomorrow. 

Cheers 

Rek. 

Players
132 posts
6,001 battles

if u dont like the ships in the shop u can look what is currently ingame available for doubloons...... 

and yes premiums make more credits than standarts

[THGZ]
Players
180 posts
3,693 battles

I've all but given up the game, I definitely bought the wrong premium ship so beware!. I bought the Sims, its good but I'm not!! THE 9.2km torps are pathetic on it, and I either have a very good game, with low damage and loads of spotting/capping. Or my team blows and I do semi decent damage.. :/ would definitely buy a t6/7 British Cruiser. *hint hint*

*edit* 

The Sims is decent, people doing the reviews on YouTube deal huge damage with it, but I bought it as I was enjoying the Farragut, but it seems I've either forgotten how to play US DD's or I'm just unlucky in games and die alot... 10 ships targeting me while in a cap.. lol study up and don't rush your decision.. 

Players
2 posts
12 battles
4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

There is no publicly known schedule.

okay, thanks

Rek

[DAVY]
Players
332 posts
8,532 battles

Why don't you just start telling us, what ships you like and what play style worked for you so far? I am sure a lot of people here can come up with a number of ships that fit your needs.

• Cool 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles

12 battles... wouldn't even think about premium ships. Especially high tier premium.

[DAVY]
Players
332 posts
8,532 battles

Well at least there is no shortage of credits until you reach maybe Tier 9. Every ship, if played regularly and not skipped with free XP earns more than enough credits to buy its successor. So a player won't need a credit earner for a long time. Also I would not go for high tiers in a hurry. Take the scenic route, try out a lot of different nations and branches in low and mid tier and then, when you feel comfortable you still can go for T10.

Players
39 posts
2,746 battles

My favourite Premiums are Warspite, Graf Spee & Perth.

However, as you don't want a battleship, that rules out Warspite... and probably Graf Spee...

... and Perth is a very poor choice, for a beginner!

I would recommend having a good go at trying various classes and nations and finding out which you enjoy playing most, then base your premium purchases on that.

I bought Warspite when I was a complete noob, but then she's my favourite ship of all time and one of the main reasons I started playing WoWS, so that's a wee bit different!

Edit: WAIT! VAMPIRE! I FORGOT VAMPIRE!! :Smile_ohmy:

[SM0KE]
Players
2,883 posts
6,692 battles

@Rekeo if this is your first account (i.e. you're really only on 12 battles played, at time of writing), I would suggest avoiding buying any premium ships for the time being, unless some interesting Tier 2 or 3 ships come up (stupidly, WG recently removed most of these from general sale).

First thing is to play regular silver ships across as many classes as possible (with the probable exception of CVs - carriers), to get a handle on which class(es) you find work for you, and to get the hang of the game mechanics some more. If you do that before buying your first premiums, you're less likely to buy something you'll end up not playing very much.

If you find you're a bit short on silver, it might be worth buying some premium time; although this is only really worthwhile if you have time to play consistently for its duration, it does improve the profitability of all your ships. Also, play random battles more than coop mode (once your ships are fully upgraded) - the rewards when playing against real people tend to be noticeably larger, provided you aren't playing at too high a tier for your skill level. Keep an eye out for signals and cammo that improve earnings as well.

This type of discussion comes up regularly on here, and the answers are usually similar: toccata and fugue on the theme of 'don't buy premiums until you have silver ships of the same tier'! Whilst I agree with that principle for random battles, many people don't have the willpower to wait that long (I didn't, despite knowing better from WOT); if you're one such person too, I would strongly suggest playing any such premiums in coop only (with non-premium consumables, to maximise profit). Coop mode plays against bots, and not too many people get upset if you suck in that mode, whilst in randoms (or ranked) you'll probably get a lot of abuse if you play a premium above your skill/experience level and have less fun too, because you'll get a kicking most battles (not to mention probably reinforce bad gameplay habits).

Sign in to follow this