You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
A_useless_noob

Missions thanks for nothing

43 comments in this topic

Players
20 posts
1,600 battles

As a newish player I would like to thank WG's missions design team.

10 point captian as mission reward great, tier 5 needed OK. 4 part mission OK,  part 1 done.  Part 2 tier six needed errrr OK,  Part 3 tier 7 WTF. 

If I had a tier 7 ship I would already have a 10 point captain.  What next tier 8 ? if the required ships are higher, the reward needs to be higher.

The tier of shp needed to complete the mission marathon, should be made clear at the start.  Waste of customers time and effort.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 3

Players
20 posts
1,600 battles
9 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Part 4 does indeed need t8-10 ships.

I stopped grinding USN to do this mission, waste of my time.  should have been made clear at the start.

• Cool 1

Players
471 posts
2,278 battles

Its actual much easier to get this special commander than the IJN one.. If you want him you'll need T-VIII-X ships as well

[BYOB]
Players
3,467 posts
12,395 battles

We are returning to the old mission system, where you need to fulfill stupid requirements to get a paltry reward.

I remember getting Jack Dunkirk from a collection that was gathered by playing a nice operation with ships WG gave us.

• Cool 2

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
35 minutes ago, A_useless_noob said:

As a newish player I would like to thank WG's missions design team.

10 point captian as mission reward great, tier 5 needed OK. 4 part mission OK,  part 1 done.  Part 2 tier six needed errrr OK,  Part 3 tier 7 WTF. 

If I had a tier 7 ship I would already have a 10 point captain.  What next tier 8 ? if the required ships are higher, the reward needs to be higher.

Tier 7 and 8 are only a high requirement for new players (at least for those who don't buy a tier 8 ship right from the get-go). You want to play missions for higher tiers? Play more and reach higher tiers (or take the shortcut via money which I don't recommend).

And no, just because you reached tier 8 (or 9 or 10), doesn't mean you don't need 10 points captains anymore. They are good if you start new lines/nations or if you want to keep ships and need a captain for them. Furthermore, this is a special one with bonuses on certain skills so even if you had every KM ship and a 19p captain for every ship, it would still be worth it to get this one and level him if you want to optimize a ship.

10 points are more than enough for a new captain, even (or rather especially?) with those mission requirements.

The tier of shp needed to complete the mission marathon, should be made clear at the start.  Waste of customers time and effort.

Here you go: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/premshop/never-going-to-get-to-franz/

Also, if I am not mistaken you should be able to see the mission requirements when you hover your mouse over the bars in the mission window.

Players
2,165 posts
10 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

We are returning to the old mission system, where you need to fulfill stupid requirements to get a paltry reward.

I remember getting Jack Dunkirk from a collection that was gathered by playing a nice operation with ships WG gave us.

Admittedly I have a good range of ships at multiple tiers so I don't have the problem that @A_useless_noob had, but I finished the whole mission chain in about 3 hours, played mostly in COOP so quick games. You don't have to play in German ships, you can do it in any nation.

The thing about the mission giving a German commander (which is pretty obvious from the reward) is even if you don't currently play German ships, when you do you will have a 10 point German Captain ready to put on the ship.

[CATS]
Players
16,376 posts
11,328 battles
28 minutes ago, A_useless_noob said:

I stopped grinding USN to do this mission, waste of my time.  should have been made clear at the start.

One could have looked up the mission description....

[SM0KE]
Players
2,878 posts
6,686 battles

OP: FWIW if you have the slightest tendency towards being a collector (defined as keeping almost any silver ship ever), you will always need more captains, almost regardless of where you are in the grind...

That said, i wouldn't get too upset if you don't manage to bag this one - there will be others along in the future (plus, you can bag one or two from Operations, although they recently got a lot harder).

Players
20 posts
1,600 battles
15 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

Tier 7 and 8 are only a high requirement for new players (at least for those who don't buy a tier 8 ship right from the get-go). You want to play missions for higher tiers? Play more and reach higher tiers (or take the shortcut via money which I don't recommend).

And no, just because you reached tier 8 (or 9 or 10), doesn't mean you don't need 10 points captains anymore. They are good if you start new lines/nations or if you want to keep ships and need a captain for them. Furthermore, this is a special one with bonuses on certain skills so even if you had every KM ship and a 19p captain for every ship, it would still be worth it to get this one and level him if you want to optimize a ship.

10 points are more than enough for a new captain, even (or rather especially?) with those mission requirements.

Here you go: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/premshop/never-going-to-get-to-franz/

Also, if I am not mistaken you should be able to see the mission requirements when you hover your mouse over the bars in the mission window.

You should be able too,  but you can't

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
6 minutes ago, A_useless_noob said:

You should be able too,  but you can't

Ok, apparently it shows everything BUT the tier requirement...

Still, you could (and should) have looked at the news for detailed information. So it is not WGs "fault" (if you want to call it that).

Players
20 posts
1,600 battles
8 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

Ok, apparently it shows everything BUT the tier requirement...

Still, you could (and should) have looked at the news for detailed information. So it is not WGs "fault" (if you want to call it that).

The mission requirements, should be displayed ingame in the mission description.

@BeauNidl3 Admittedly I have a good range of ships at multiple tiers so I don't have the problem that @A_useless_noob had, but I finished the whole mission chain in about 3 hours, played mostly in COOP so quick games. You don't have to play in German ships, you can do it in any nation.

Really ? it says in mission description german ships only

Players
2,165 posts
1 hour ago, A_useless_noob said:

The mission requirements, should be displayed ingame in the mission description.

@BeauNidl3 Admittedly I have a good range of ships at multiple tiers so I don't have the problem that @A_useless_noob had, but I finished the whole mission chain in about 3 hours, played mostly in COOP so quick games. You don't have to play in German ships, you can do it in any nation.

Really ? it says in mission description german ships only

Pretty sure it didn't (I've completed it so I can't see it now).

I got the damage on US ships in Perth (T6 commonwealth) sheer fluke there were 2 bot BB's that I HE spammed, on Russian ships in my October Revolution, the Citadel hits and fires I got playing Indianapolis (required T7 ships which I could see in the mission description when I hovered over it, no mention of nation required to be played) and the secondaries I got in my Bismarck (required T8 ships, again visible when hovered over the mission part), the modules just came along with it, I got the last 5 or so in a Mogami random game.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
49 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Pretty sure it didn't (I've completed it so I can't see it now).

I got the damage on US ships in Perth (T6 commonwealth) sheer fluke there were 2 bot BB's that I HE spammed, on Russian ships in my October Revolution, the Citadel hits and fires I got playing Indianapolis (required T7 ships which I could see in the mission description when I hovered over it, no mention of nation required to be played) and the secondaries I got in my Bismarck (required T8 ships, again visible when hovered over the mission part), the modules just came along with it, I got the last 5 or so in a Mogami random game.

It doesn't. Tier is restricted, nations are not.

Spoiler

shot-18_05.19_02_07.33-0439.thumb.jpg.7ddac94b6114886abbdfeaf89dc6d918.jpg

Don't judge my progress. No motivation and even less time to play atm.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,310 posts
11,020 battles
3 hours ago, Aragathor said:

'Member Nachi

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
1,925 posts
9,983 battles
1 hour ago, lup3s said:

'Member Nachi

No.. I had those nice memory-delete people from eternal sunshine of the spotless mind come over.

Sweet sweet oblivion.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,310 posts
11,020 battles
28 minutes ago, PzychoPanzer said:

No.. I had those nice memory-delete people from eternal sunshine of the spotless mind come over.

Sweet sweet oblivion.

Let me poor you ( a couple of) Westmalle Triples ... I'm sure you'll remember :cap_haloween:

Players
2,165 posts

Just helped a friend to complete the missions to end of stage 3, all done in COOP apart from the 1m credits, there is definitely no restriction on using German ships to damage the US, RU ships, get the fires, citadels and credits. He did the damage in October, fires in Schors and citadels in Fiji, didn't take long with 2 of us to force the ship nations and light cruisers in COOP.

[NOCAP]
Players
1,535 posts
15,496 battles
5 hours ago, A_useless_noob said:

The mission requirements, should be displayed ingame

Click on your profile name on the top left, select News and look for the mission.

[BYOB]
Players
3,467 posts
12,395 battles
9 hours ago, Tungstonid said:

Tier 7 and 8 are only a high requirement for new players

And it's a problem, because other special captains like Charlie Honor or Jack Dunkirk were easier to get. Putting harder requirements on the German captain is unfair to low level players.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,756 posts
Vor 6 Minuten, Aragathor sagte:

And it's a problem, because other special captains like Charlie Honor or Jack Dunkirk were easier to get. Putting harder requirements on the German captain is unfair to low level players.

especially with that russian captain only two weeks ago, that has better enhanced skills and was way easier to get...

[BYOB]
Players
3,467 posts
12,395 battles
3 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

especially with that russian captain only two weeks ago, that has better enhanced skills and was way easier to get...

Oh yeah, I didn't even notice getting Captain Stalinstache. That one was easy as hell.

[UNICS]
Players
3,261 posts
12,813 battles

I feel mistreated by being lured in by the very ambiguous headline of this thread. Why wasn't it explained to me it was going to be such a whiny thread before I clicked it?? :Smile_sad:

• Funny 3

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,011 battles

At 1300 battles some people are closing in on their 2nd tier 10 ship, I'm sure you could manage at least one tier 8

23 hours ago, A_useless_noob said:

should have been made clear at the start.

It was.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/premshop/never-going-to-get-to-franz/

Everything was shown and explained before the mission even started

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
15 hours ago, Aragathor said:

The skills are not worth the grind, they are really useless caps...