Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hades_warrior

The Legendary US Captain William Halsey

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
2,185 posts
3,836 battles

So, I was googling a bit about this new incoming unique commander and one thing that is bother me that I cant find out info (if there's any online so far) which color of main guns shell will Halsey have?

Yamamoto have red tracers, so I assume Halsey will be blue because blue color is common in US Navy.

 

I saw here the set of taska which could be in the patch. I used term ''could'' because it was from testing phase - https://thedailybounce.net/2018/04/30/world-of-warships-0-7-5-supertest-new-campaign-and-commander/

Some of the task's looks identical to Yamamoto's (of course they will), but if my memory is not wrong, Yamamoto had a bit softer criteria in task's (for example not so much EXP per 1 star). Is there any reason to have harder task's now?

And if im not wrong Yamamoto have 21 level as max, but Halsey is max on 19 as any other captain. How come?

 

We could use this thread to talk about this new Legendary Captain. What are your toughts? Where will you use him? Do you like the idea of this new commander?

Im thinking to use it either on my Missouri, or Montana, will see.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,723 posts
14,669 battles

Gonna put him on Enterprise (or Midway once I weeb out the AL collab hits).

If RNGesus is kind I'll only need 3 full strikes for Confederate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Modder
4,013 posts
7,380 battles
1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

Yamamoto have red tracers, so I assume Halsey will be blue because blue color is common in US Navy.

They share both the same tracers.

 

1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

And if im not wrong Yamamoto have 21 level as max, but Halsey is max on 19 as any other captain.

You are wrong. There is no 21 point commander. Yamamoto and Halsey will come with 15 points and can get a maximum of 19 points, like all others commanders too.

 

 

 

 

 

1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

If RNGesus is kind I'll only need 2 full strikes for Confederate.

You damage six ships for at least 20% with only two strikes? How?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,723 posts
14,669 battles
4 hours ago, principat121 said:

You damage six ships for at least 20% with only two strikes? How?

 

:etc_swear:, missed the 3 key without checking.

1 DD for each TB + AP DB strike on vulnerable targets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
116 posts
7,219 battles

Halsey was nothing special.

Careless and not very tactically sane.

 

Mitscher was way better commander then him.

Really best US carrier commander. Quiet man unlike Halsey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
603 posts
4,809 battles

Who the hell designed these missions, and why do they need to be so much more difficult than the Yamamoto ones? None of Yammy's missions required the sole use of IJN ships, but most of the missions here that give the most stars are exclusive to USN ships. I get that Halsey is a USN admiral or whatever but jfc, shouldn't gameplay quality come first over some shittily specific mission requirements? Stage five is a [edited]joke.

 

Are they perhaps harder to get because Halsey is power-crept over Yamamoto with that confederate-req perk? :cap_hmm:

 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,185 posts
3,836 battles
4 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Gonna put him on Enterprise (or Midway once I weeb out the AL collab hits).

If RNGesus is kind I'll only need 3 full strikes for Confederate.

Isn't RNGesus usually generous to Midway players like, most of the time?

 

3 hours ago, principat121 said:

They share both the same tracers.

How you know that? You saw some info online? I tryed to find something about that but nothing..

Hm. Montana with red tracers :cap_hmm:

 

3 hours ago, principat121 said:

You are wrong. There is no 21 point commander. Yamamoto and Halsey will come with 15 points and can get a maximum of 19 points, like all others commanders too.

Hm. Then my statement of 21 levels was based on testing phase-only. PTS.

 

57 minutes ago, Hawker_gb said:

Halsey was nothing special.

Careless and not very tactically sane.

 

Mitscher was way better commander then him.

Really best US carrier commander. Quiet man unlike Halsey. 

Well, aren't the loud commanders are best? :cap_viking:

 

31 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Who the hell designed these missions, and why do they need to be so much more difficult than the Yamamoto ones? None of Yammy's missions required the sole use of IJN ships, but most of the missions here that give the most stars are exclusive to USN ships. I get that Halsey is a USN admiral or whatever but jfc, shouldn't gameplay quality come first over some shittily specific mission requirements? Stage five is a [edited]joke.

 

Are they perhaps harder to get because Halsey is power-crept over Yamamoto with that confederate-req perk? :cap_hmm:

 

 

 

Yea, missions do look harder, especially for EXP grind. But I hope they will be tweak before final release. PTS for next patch is still in 1st stage so I assume there are big chances to be balanced more to Yamamoto's.

But it does make sense to have best rewarding or easier missions for only US ships because this is US Navy campaign after all.

 

Imagine Montana with 18 seconds main guns reload with Halsey + AR + MBM3 upgrade. It would be a sick damage boost. :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
603 posts
4,809 battles
1 minute ago, Hades_warrior said:

Isn't RNGesus usually generous to Midway players like, most of the time?

 

How you know that? You saw some info online? I tryed to find something about that but nothing..

 

Hm. Then my statement of 21 levels was based on testing phase-only. PTS.

 

Well, aren't the loud commanders are best? :cap_viking:

 

Yea, missions do look harder, especially for EXP grind. But I hope they will be tweak before final release. PTS for next patch is still in 1st stage so I assume there are big chances to be balanced more to Yamamoto's.

But it does make sense to have best rewarding or easier missions for only US ships because this is US Navy campaign after all.

 

Imagine Montana with 18 seconds main guns reload with Halsey + AR + MBM3 upgrade. It would be a sick damage boost. :cap_haloween:

 

The PTS is glorified early access, once something hits it, it is there for good and isn't going to change one bit. The best you can hope for are bug fixes at that point.

 

Honestly everything is probably solidified even before the CCs get their hands on them. When was the last time WG actually listened to any of them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,185 posts
3,836 battles
1 minute ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

 

The PTS is glorified early access, once something hits it, it is there for good and isn't going to change one bit. The best you can hope for are bug fixes at that point.

 

Honestly everything is probably solidified even before the CCs get their hands on them. When was the last time WG actually listened to any of them?

Not really. I played PTS' many times and final ''product'' was always different then PTS version.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,185 posts
3,836 battles

PTS for next patch is still runing if im not wrong. Can anyone confirm the color of tracers/shells on this commander from PTS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,185 posts
3,836 battles

Last night I saw on youtube some video from this PTS 0.7.5 with new American campaign which include this Legendary Commander as final reward.

So in that video there was a lot of containers as rewards (really A LOT) which probably contain the new American camo (Stars n Stripes) that have 125% EXP and other two EXP bonuses (dont know exact value).

And my question is, how much the chances are that we will get a sh1tload of those American containers when the patch goes live? WG did promise us with this campaign(s) a great rewards, so I hope they will keep the promise until live release.

 

Oh yea, I saw talents of William Halsey there and his shells do have red tracers. I would be fine and if they were some other color to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,842 posts
4,297 battles

My only concern is, does this campaign replace Yamamoto or do we get to keep both?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Modder
4,013 posts
7,380 battles
3 minutes ago, VC381 said:

My only concern is, does this campaign replace Yamamoto or do we get to keep both?

Quite strange question.

 

You will have one permanent campaign that will you reward with Yamamoto Isoroku and another permanent campaign that will get you William Halsey. You can have non, just one of them or both. They are not mutually exclusive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,842 posts
4,297 battles
10 minutes ago, principat121 said:

Quite strange question.

 

You will have one permanent campaign that will you reward with Yamamoto Isoroku and another permanent campaign that will get you William Halsey. You can have non, just one of them or both. They are not mutually exclusive.

 

Well, when they added Musashi they removed Missouri. So I was worried that they will have only one elite commander campaign, and they will just remove the Yamamoto campaign when they add Halsey. Seems that's not the case though, so that's good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,185 posts
3,836 battles
1 hour ago, VC381 said:

My only concern is, does this campaign replace Yamamoto or do we get to keep both?

All current perma campaigns will stay in game and after these 2 American perma campaigns goes live.

So we should have 5 perma campaigns in total in game soon.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-NFG-]
[-NFG-]
Players
130 posts
5,707 battles

Placing Halsey in any Iowa class BB will cause:

 

a) You to instantly teleport to the top of the map yet still not spot the enemy CV

b) Yamato to suddenly appear next to your CV

c) All your DDs to be obliterated

d) none of this to be your fault

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,842 posts
4,297 battles
1 hour ago, Xanta99 said:

Placing Halsey in any Iowa class BB will cause:

 

a) You to instantly teleport to the top of the map yet still not spot the enemy CV

b) Yamato to suddenly appear next to your CV

c) All your DDs to be obliterated

d) none of this to be your fault

 

e) but you win the battle anyway...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,185 posts
3,836 battles

f) You get +50% to Surveilance Radar detection range consumable so any DD is eliminated from the start of battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×