Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

Devastating Strike not being awarded correctly

7 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
7,858 posts
10,066 battles

This is something that caught my eye a couple times now:

shot-18.05.18_12.30.49-0119.jpg

As you can see, only the First Blood achievement.

However:

shot-18.05.18_12.30.57-0648.jpg

I hit the enemy CV with three torpedoes from a single torpedo salvo (the hits all landed consecutively within two seconds) for ~31k damage. That should've been a Devastating Strike, yet it wasn't awarded. The same issue was also present in Yuro's latest funtage (@1:16, embedded video should play from that timestamp):

Spoiler

Nothing particularily important, since there's no rewards associated with the achievement (other than counting them for a small number of campaign missions), but whenever the development finds itself bored, it might be something to look into and fix since it's evidently not working as it should.

Cheers

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

I don't claim to understand it fully, but I've always thought that a Dev Strike was awarded based on the timing between when two or more salvos, that result either directly or indirectly (flooding, fire etc) in the ship's death, were fired rather than on when they hit or when the target dies. It took 3 torps for the kill and the Kamikaze fires in groups of two, was there perhaps a gap of a few seconds between the launching of all the torps involved in the kill? Same as with the Yuro video, likely that the gap between the two volleys was just too long for the first to still be considered by the system as part of a Dev Strike.

That's how I've understood it at least and it seems to fit with my experience. Could be entirely wrong though of course!

[SCRUB]
Players
7,858 posts
10,066 battles
17 minutes ago, rvfharrier said:

I don't claim to understand it fully, but I've always thought that a Dev Strike was awarded based on the timing between when two or more salvos, that result either directly or indirectly (flooding, fire etc) in the ship's death, were fired rather than on when they hit or when the target dies. It took 3 torps for the kill and the Kamikaze fires in groups of two, was there perhaps a gap of a few seconds between the launching of all the torps involved in the kill? Same as with the Yuro video, likely that the gap between the two volleys was just too long for the first to still be considered by the system as part of a Dev Strike.

That's how I've understood it at least and it seems to fit with my experience. Could be entirely wrong though of course!

The torps all hit the target within two seconds.

Considering I got Devastating Strikes in my Atlanta with AP volleys that necessitated a reload cycle (ergo more than one volley of AP total and more then 4 seconds between the first hit and the finishing blow), no ... that's not what happened.

I've also had kills in battleships much like Yuro's clip where I shot my front turrets first, then had to wait a second or two until my rear turrets had the clearance to fire and still got the Devastating Strike.

Nevermind the cases of hitting a ship with torpedoes, flooding it and then 30 seconds+ later after it flooded out getting the Devastating Strike.

Beta Tester
3,963 posts
14,665 battles
51 minutes ago, KruppStahl14 said:

i destroyed a Moskva with a 43k salvo but didnt get the achievement

Well, at least You did the world a favor by taking out an abomination... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this