MrConway

US Cruiser Changes - How will you be affected

56 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,646 posts
2,413 battles

Captains,

As we receive a lot of questions regarding the US cruiser split and how the changes will affect the ships in your port, you will find a rough breakdown here. As we already did with the Russian DD changes, we will make sure to do all changes in a way that you benefit from them.

• A ship to be replaced will remain available to the player in stock configuration on the new tier (In the Port if it was purchased or in the researched state if it was researched).
  • The replacement ship will be added to the player's account together with a port slot (if the replaced ship has been purchased) or will become researched (if the replaced ship has been researched).
  • Replacement of modules will be carried out by means of adding similar modules for the new ship to the player's account, or by reimbursement of their cost in XP (added to the new ship) and credits.
  • For the replaced ship, its Commander's specialization will be changed to the ship of the corresponding tier in the main branch. For the second ship, a new Commander will be added to the player's account and bonus Commander XP. (This is based on the new ship's tier, not the original commander's level)
  • If a purchased permanent camouflage was mounted on a ship to be replaced, it will remain mounted on this ship and a new permanent camouflage (for the added ship) will be added to the player's account.
    • Exceptions: Permanent special camouflages for Cleveland and New Orleans will remain with the ships and will NOT appear for ships taking their place in the new tech tree. As these camouflages are specific to the model, they cannot easily be transferred or duplicated.

There will be a detailed ship-by-ship breakdown in the upcoming patchnotes, but please feel free to ask any questions here.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,084 posts
3,841 battles

A bit miffed about the "demotion" of the permoflage for the New Orleans to T7 without replacing for the new Baltimore, but alas, it is what it is. 

[NED]
Players
1,680 posts
6,316 battles
5 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

A bit miffed about the "demotion" of the permoflage for the New Orleans to T7 without replacing for the new Baltimore, but alas, it is what it is. 

Im not sure if Mrconway means the dubloon bought permaflage but the wierd Muricah camo

30167479_2057573564568980_67121131775058

[PUPSI]
Players
6,756 posts
Vor 1 Minute, piet11111 sagte:

Im not sure if Mrconway means the dubloon bought permaflage but the wierd Muricah camo

I am pretty sure he means the birthday camo

[NED]
Players
1,680 posts
6,316 battles
3 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

I am pretty sure he means the birthday camo

Birthday camo ?

[PUPSI]
Players
6,756 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, piet11111 sagte:

Birthday camo ?

that you got with the 2nd Anniversary Collection, for  Kiev, Charles Martel, New Orleans, and Z-23

[PUPSI]
Players
6,756 posts
Vor 1 Minute, piet11111 sagte:

Oh yeah that could also be it.

if not which other camo? the image you posted is a Cleveland camo (for the new Cleveland), which is the reward for the new collection...

[AMIRO]
Players
5 posts
7,829 battles

may i ask something , for exemple let say i have both the No and the balti , with the downgrade / split , i will get the New No , an equivalent to the No at t8 ( balti in this case ) , the Balti from the downgrade and buffalo , which mean i will have 2 balti tier 8 , will i get compensation in credit for one of them ?

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,646 posts
2,413 battles
2 hours ago, MrFingers said:

As it is a ship-specific camo, we would need to re-do it unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Klopirat said:

if not which other camo? the image you posted is a Cleveland camo (for the new Cleveland), which is the reward for the new collection...

The Cleveland camo I am referring to is this one:  Image result for cleveland christmas camo

Only the veterans will know it, it is exceedingly rare nowadays ;)

[CATS]
Players
16,376 posts
11,328 battles
5 minutes ago, MrConway said:

And I am grateful for that. That thing is ugly....

• Cool 3

[PUPSI]
Players
6,756 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, MrConway sagte:

The Cleveland camo I am referring to is this one:  

I know, but MrFingers was curious about the New Orleans Camo which is demoted from Tier 8 to Tier 7, and my answer was related to this camo :) ...so that this specific perma camo was a free camo and therefore the demotion is not "compensated" :Smile_honoring:

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,646 posts
2,413 battles
29 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

I know, but MrFingers was curious about the New Orleans Camo which is demoted from Tier 8 to Tier 7, and my answer was related to this camo :) ...so that this specific perma camo was a free camo and therefore the demotion is not "compensated" :Smile_honoring:

:cap_like:

[ARYA]
Players
457 posts
9,452 battles
  • A ship to be replaced will remain available to the player in stock configuration on the new tier (In the Port if it was purchased or in the researched state if it was researched).

@MrConway What will happen to researched modules?

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,011 battles
1 hour ago, Atorpad said:

@MrConway What will happen to researched modules?

Literally 2 points lower:

11 hours ago, MrConway said:

Replacement of modules will be carried out by means of adding similar modules for the new ship to the player's account, or by reimbursement of their cost in XP (added to the new ship) and credits.

• Cool 1

[FDUSH]
Players
1,195 posts
6,764 battles
10 hours ago, MrConway said:

The Cleveland camo I am referring to is this one:  Image result for cleveland christmas camo

I have that cammo.
Allright, there can't be a Type 12 on Dallas (new tier 6 which replaces Cleveland?). But they could just give us the regular permanent cammo for Dallas instead. After all this IS a permanent cammo brought with doubloons (or was straight from the premium shop? I don't remember, but I DO remember I had to pay real money for it)

[NKK2]
Players
1,070 posts
3,527 battles

Hello and sorry if it is obvious or already asked but...if I still don’t own New Orleans but have the special 2 year collection camo, what will happen to it? As soon as I get the NO with the split, the camo would be there for me to use it?

@MrConway thks for the great job 

[HOO]
Players
1,224 posts
2,557 battles
On 5/18/2018 at 10:36 AM, MrConway said:
  • For the replaced ship, its Commander's specialization will be changed to the ship of the corresponding tier in the main branch.

@MrConway. What does ^this^ actually mean.

At the moment I've gotton up to Cleveland in the US CC line and I have a 10pt captain on her, with IFHE as the 4pt skill. Obviously IFHE isn't going to be any use on Pensacola, and the CA line going forward, so will I have to pay gold to respec my captain, or will I get a free captain respec as part of the split process, when the captain on T6 Cleveland is moved to the T6 Pensacola?

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
16,376 posts
11,328 battles
7 hours ago, Fat_Maniac said:

@MrConway. What does ^this^ actually mean.

At the moment I've gotton up to Cleveland in the US CC line and I have a 10pt captain on her, with IFHE as the 4pt skill. Obviously IFHE isn't going to be any use on Pensacola, and the CA line going forward, so will I have to pay gold to respec my captain, or will I get a free captain respec as part of the split process, when the captain on T6 Cleveland is moved to the T6 Pensacola?

You did not in the past.

And if you retrain you captain for the old ship, you do not need gold.

Players
3 posts
2 battles
On 5/18/2018 at 8:29 AM, MrConway said:

Yeah - I remember this one - Youuuzaaaa - !

Players
191 posts
On 18.5.2018 at 2:29 PM, MrConway said:

Please correct me, if I am wrong, but I can't see any logical reason why, we can not get at least the standard premium camouflage, or like on russian dd a modified T3 new years camouflage as permanent.  We paid for it. So why should we be treated differently? It seems to me a copy and paste job at Pensacola, and a changing a few lines of code? Please explain that to me.Pensacola.thumb.jpg.6e2ee859d09c65263d6afbb9678c4619.jpg
If you would refer to USS Dallas, ( which would be the actual replacement for the thing we actually bought ) - standard camouflage would be fine!
Same thing you might consider at free camouflage for T8 ship ( USS Baltimore) ... I know it was "free" but we paid with time.
Do you really want to say that this is nothing?

So you might also modify the T3 Camouflage in a permanent or could maybe give the standard if you wished ... ?

USSBaltimore.thumb.jpg.1b574a52c0275758ec6b600a35f3b01e.jpg

• Cool 2

[BRVHT]
Players
255 posts
On 18/05/2018 at 11:21 AM, maarloce said:

may i ask something , for exemple let say i have both the No and the balti , with the downgrade / split , i will get the New No , an equivalent to the No at t8 ( balti in this case ) , the Balti from the downgrade and buffalo , which mean i will have 2 balti tier 8 , will i get compensation in credit for one of them ?

Your No will move as will your Balti and you will get Buffalo at IX

Players
333 posts
7,473 battles
On 18-5-2018 at 12:21 PM, maarloce said:

Well this is where the whole problem occurs and where things are getting rather unfair.

As it seems now, the only advantage of having the Pensa, NO AND Baltimore is that you gain some commander XP and perhaps some free XP for modules.

However, lets compare three situations:

Situation 1: you have the cleveland, pensacola and New orleans. 
Situation 2: you have the cleveland, pensacola and New Orleans. In addition you have the Baltimore.

Situation 3: You have the cleveland, the baltimore and either the "pensacola OR New Orleans". I think it wont matter which of the two you have for which ships you gain in this scenario, see description below.

In situation 1 you will get the following ships after the split:

Tier 6 pensacola (as compensation for the cleveland AND because of retaining the pensacola. You will not be compensated for this double effect).

Tier 7 New Orleans (As compensation for the Pensacola AND for retaining the New Orleans, again no compensation)

Tier 8 Baltimore (As compensation for the NO)

Tier 8 LIGHT cleveland (hull retaining, as with all other ships, but in this case it is much more interesting)

In situation 2 you will get:

Tier 6 pensacola (as compensation for the cleveland AND because of retaining the pensacola. You will not be compensated for this double effect).

Tier 7 New Orleans (As compensation for the Pensacola AND for retaining the New Orleans, again no compensation)

Tier 8 Baltimore (As compensation for the NO AND for retaining the Baltimore, again no compensation)

Tier 9 Buffalo

Tier 8 LIGHT cleveland (hull retaining, as with all other ships, but in this case it is much more interesting)

Situation 3 is a bit peculiar, since you miss either the pensa (lets call that 3A) or the New orleans (3B)

Still, you get all the ships that you would in situation 2, which is rather counterintuitive:

In situation 3A you will get:

Tier 6 pensacola (as compensation for the cleveland).

Tier 7 New Orleans (As compensation for retaining the New Orleans)

Tier 8 Baltimore (As compensation for the NO AND for retaining the Baltimore, again no compensation)

Tier 9 Buffalo

Tier 8 LIGHT cleveland (hull retaining, as with all other ships, but in this case it is much more interesting)

In situation 3B you will get:

Tier 7 New Orleans (As compensation for the pensacola). 

Tier 8 Baltimore (As compensation for retaining the Baltimore)

Tier 9 Buffalo

To sum it up: Having the Cleveland will be critical. I am 100% sure of this, you will get both a tier 6 heavy CA and a light CL in return.

Having the baltimore is always going to be benificial as well, since it gets you the new tier 9 AND rights to the tier 8. It depends fully on the compensation measures for "double rights" whether having the NO and Pensacola in your port are that benefical.

But getting commander XP and modules researched (and/or free XP) is already quite interesting.

There still is a tiny bit of hope also that the Pensacola, New Orleans and Baltimore will grant additional access (through missions, through direct unlock or through other mechanics) to the tier 6 Dallas, Tier 7 Helena and tier 9 Worcester, but i don't think you'll get them straight away with the release of 0.7.6

Fingers crossed for the best though, since i got the Cleve, Pensa, NO and Balti XD

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,011 battles
5 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

As it seems now, the only advantage of having the Pensa, NO AND Baltimore is that you gain some commander XP and perhaps some free XP for modules.

So you have:

• Pepsi (fully upgraded)
  • NO (fully upgraded)
  • Baltimore

After split from those 3 you would end up with:

• Pepsi (fully upgraded)
  • NO (fully upgraded)
  • Credits worth of a t7 cruiser (can't have 2x NO)
  • Baltimore (fully upgraded)
  • Credits worth of a t8 cruiser (can't have 2x Balti)
  • Buffalo (upgraded as much as your Baltimore was)
  • Refunded credits & xp for all the upgrades that will no longer exist on those tiers

10 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

You will not be compensated for this double effect

Actually you will be :fish_palm:

12 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

heavy CA and a light CL

You do know CL already stands for light cruiser and CA for heavy cruiser, right?