Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Boris_MNE

[PSA] Basic guide when you have CV in battle

23 comments in this topic

1,513 posts
10,110 battles

1) You check composition , if they are same Nation go for cap.

1.1) If enemy have IJN and you have USN CV, DO NOT rush cap, IJN>USN preparation time.

2) Solo targets will be priority, no matter which class ( Exceptions: DM, AA Hidenburg (when CV realise that you are AA Hiden)), and No, minotaur can not survive full strike.

3) Slowing down and using smoke when enemy torpedo bombers are 4 or 5k away from you will not help you at all.

4) Ask ONCE for spot and dont spam, you get quite frustrating over time.

5) Do NOT ask CV to  babysitt you... do we look like maids?

6) Remember that CV have bilion tasks, he can not protect you every single time.

7) If you sail AA ship, with big AA aura try to sit in center of map.

7.1) If you have multimple AA ships , SPREAD.

8) Stop questioning CVs position. Not all potatoes hug border with carriers.

8.1) Closer to combat you are,  less your fighters have to  fly.

9) If your Carrier lose all his fighters, spamming "provide AA support" will not help.

10) Provoking your carrier will not do any good as well, remember, he is just man AS you, willing to play the game.

Thank you.

• Cool 10

Alpha Tester, Players
5,306 posts
2 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

ahahha each time i play cv , each time mass whine and ask for babysits )

1,513 posts
10,110 battles
18 minutes ago, aboomination said:

(0) roll the dice and hope that both CV players are at least equally skilled

Usually it is more than that.

Team so hard pressure and flame carrier that he can not do what even he could be able to do usually cuz he is frustrated.

[CAIN]
Players
2,744 posts
11,013 battles
2 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

1) You check composition , if they are same Nation go for cap.    

1.1) If enemy have IJN and you have USN CV, DO NOT rush cap, IJN>USN preparation time.

2) Solo targets will be priority, no matter which class ( Exceptions: DM, AA Hidenburg (when CV realise that you are AA Hiden)), and No, minotaur can not survive full strike.

3) Slowing down and using smoke when enemy torpedo bombers are 4 or 5k away from you will not help you at all.

4) Ask ONCE for spot and dont spam, you get quite frustrating over time.

6) Remember that CV have bilion tasks, he can not protect you every single time.

7) If you sail AA ship, with big AA aura try to sit in center of map.

7.1) If you have multimple AA ships , SPREAD.

9) If your Carrier lose all his fighters, spamming "provide AA support" will not help.

10) Provoking your carrier will not do any good as well, remember, he is just man AS you, willing to play the game.

EDIT:

11. if the team agrees to go to certain caps, i.e. B+C, don't be that guy, that has to go to the one cap that nobody goes to, i.e. A

and start yelling for AA support, as no support shall be given to thee who go to caps that are known re7ard traps.

12. whenever you get a chance to click on the enemy aircraft, click them even if it's only fighters...actually specifically if it's enemy fighters!

clicking on enemy Bombers might save your own a$$ once, but allowing the CV to gain air superiority by deleting and depleting his fighters can be a game changer and allow

your teams CV player to focus more on striking enemy strike craft which will save you and many on your team in the long run.

So yes, pls click on fighters as often as you can.

Ignore them, and i might ignore the wave of Bombers going for you.

Thank you.

1. ...only if my team supports me, i don't want to get wrecked because my team stays back while the enemy team provides close range support.

3. no worries, i've seen enough Eurobeat(Yuro) videos to know how to torpedo beat...in theory :cap_like:

4. once may not be enough tho, messages get buried at the start of the game in all F key and "we lost" spam

5. ...well, with the black dress, white Bonnet and skirt kinda... :Smile_hiding:

6. ...he could try, doesn't he know who i am??

7. been there, done that got blasted and called noob, that's when i realized, i should stop taking everything literally  :cap_rambo:

8. as long he isn't in the center of the map or stays in his spawn location without moving

8.1. saves fuel, helps mother nature and lessens the global warming effect :cap_like:

9. if the CV lose his fighters, nothing will help. Although i usually advise him to sell his CVs and play Hello Kitty online if he lost all his fighters in the first 7 minutes of the game :cap_book:

10. what does qualify as provoking?  :Smile_trollface:

Added two more, which i personally think should be on that list.

[THROW]
Players
661 posts
21,439 battles

well said. i hate when idiots go off on their own and then act like its my fault if they die.

[W_I_G]
[W_I_G]
Players
167 posts
21,274 battles

Well you need to babysit the most valuable player on your team who can carry, thats usually me :cap_cool:

• Funny 1

[MIRAI]
Players
1,200 posts
10,606 battles
32 minutes ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

Basic guide when you have CV in battle

Pray.

That's too late - you should pray before hitting the Battle butten :etc_red_button:

• Funny 1

Players
133 posts
17,535 battles

Nice guide.

I would like to put emphasis on points:

1) No matter how your CV is good, but if u rush into closest cap with speed boost vs Haku when your team has a Midway... u better have def. fire on your DD or you are 90% 1st blood.

2) Flanking alone WILL grant you attention from enemy CV, pretending your CV to send fighters or split them to protect 1 yolo ship instead of warding rest of team is ridicolous. The only case you can have fighters support is if you have a clear chance to rush enemy CV because no other ships are between you and your target.

I would add cruisers like zao / des moines / henry / moskva can be oneshotted by AP bombs, trigger def. fire only when enemy planes are well inside bubble and not in the edge, if enemy midway bait your consumable you better find an " exit strategy ".

Def. is mostly about dispersion of the drop, only des moines / baltimore can wipe squadrons.

Last but not the least asking fighters support is most of the times useless because CV player plays in minimap, he allready see what you are broadcasting.

If it's not reacting these are the possible reasons:

1) it's a potato like Boris

2) fighters are locked in fight /out of ammunition / dead / protecting key ships / spotting key ships / spotting torpedo walls

3) your team is winning hands down and your CV want to farm more damage, in this case someone has to die

1,513 posts
10,110 battles

Its potato like boris....CCC 

Be careful old man, tomorrow you might need support vs AAO in KOTS.

Karma is [edited]. :D

Players
2,504 posts
14,612 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Bloodless said:

...Last but not the least asking fighters support is...

Pointless. 

The good CV players know what they are doing... where and when to commit their air craft.   The rest are clueless anyway.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,731 posts
14,679 battles
9 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

See, this is one of the premier reasons I like playing CVs.

If one of my teammates gives me :etc_swear: I can just let him die. No need for tk'ing when the enemy does the work for you. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[ALONE]
Players
1,416 posts
10,918 battles

Wrong title. It should be "Basic guide when you have skilled CV in battle". Which is typically not the case. At T9-10 there is some slight selection, but in T6-T8 games it is full potato field (and I don't care about that as long as BOTH teams get equal potato). 

Unfortunately for my karma and chat ban history, as we know from biology lessons, potatoes don't have ears and are illiterate.

Players
4,611 posts
5,708 battles
15 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

Usually, at most, my Yuubari gets attacked once, regardless of where I am. CV won't try again.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

If its Ranked:

Press Escape IMMEDIATELY if you see two CVs in queue. Maybe even if there is only one if you are extra paranoid...

• Funny 1

Players
2,165 posts
33 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

If its Ranked:

Press Escape IMMEDIATELY if you see two CVs in queue. Maybe even if there is only one if you are extra paranoid...

I do that too :etc_hide_turtle: I'm paranoid plus the buggers really are out to get me!

Ranked is bad enough with spud players, if you get a spud CV vs a good one it's a royal mess.

[CRU_]
Players
170 posts
6,363 battles
1 hour ago, Negativvv said:

If its Ranked:

This

I unfortunately have had a few cv games in ranked and each one we got utterly smashed. CV's are too dominant in 7 vs 7. One of the games was a cv player from PAD he destroyed me and the other dd in the first couple of mins. Zero either of us could do. He spotted so i turned and burned, but man the incoming fire from that spot, he torped, dodged the first, tried to dodge the cross which put me in a colision course for an island, honestly dont even know if it was him or the incoming fire that took me out in the end, it was short and not very sweet. Guy was damn good at what he did, but the class is fucked up. Our cv didn't have a chance he was completely outplayed game was over in 5 mins max.

Now i leave the que when i see tin pushers in it. [edited]that, leaving your win soley down to a 50/50 coin flip win you press the button aint much fun.

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,731 posts
14,679 battles
2 hours ago, zengaze said:

Guy was damn good at what he did, but the class is :etc_swear: up.

Not exactly the fault of CVs when everyone is running hydro, radar & survivability skills or sailing ships that are weak to airstrikes, innit? Best embodiment of that is the much praised radar YY. Drop a CV into the match and suddenly radar YY becomes the most horrible DD to play in ranked ever.

Make just 2-3 out of 7 ships AA cruisers on the other hand and suddenly CVs won't have such a good time anymore.

Ranked may be a playground for CVs currently but that has little to do with CVs themselves. Last time I played ranked (which to be fair was well over a year ago) everyone and their mother was running AA which made striking anything, even DDs, pretty much impossible. Below rank 5 I frequently went out of a match with ~10k damage dealt.

• Cool 1

[CRU_]
Players
170 posts
6,363 battles
5 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Not exactly the fault of CVs when everyone is running hydro, radar & survivability skills or sailing ships that are weak to airstrikes, innit? Best embodiment of that is the much praised radar YY. Drop a CV into the match and suddenly radar YY becomes the most horrible DD to play in ranked ever.

Make just 2-3 out of 7 ships AA cruisers on the other hand and suddenly CVs won't have such a good time anymore.

Ranked may be a playground for CVs currently but that has little to do with CVs themselves. Last time I played ranked (which to be fair was well over a year ago) everyone and their mother was running AA which made striking anything, even DDs, pretty much impossible. Below rank 5 I frequently went out of a match with ~10k damage dealt.

I agree with everything you said, and no it's not the fault of players who love to play CV's. The blame soley lays with WG. If the class was balanced, then the loadouts of ships in ranked would reflect that, with a lot more AA builds. it's a mess for sure.

• Cool 1

Players
752 posts
3,144 battles
On 18/05/2018 at 12:48 PM, Culiacan_Mexico said:

Basic guide when you have CV in battle

Pray.

This^^ 

[FDUSH]
Players
1,195 posts
6,764 battles
On 18/5/2018 at 8:30 AM, Boris_MNE said:

When I play with Zuiho and Ryujo I try to go as close to the main battle as possible. From time to time I get messages from my team saying "go away carrier, you need to go to the edge of the map!" My answer is "Trust me, I know what I'm doing".
Quite often I get hits. But it's worth the risk (you can check my stats). When I play with Hiryu and Kaga I try to do that as well but it's much more risky. In high tier carrier battles unfortunately the tactic doesn't works, first carriers are spotted from very long range, but most important, the entire team usually goes to the edge of the map or camps far away from the main battle leaving me totally defenseless. And in high tier battles there are few islands where to hide, usually right at the center of the map.

[JRM]
Players
1,551 posts
15,086 battles

If CVs start poping in que i switch to DM and my DM IS AA spec even in ranked

Sign in to follow this