9 comments in this topic

[ARYA]
Players
596 posts
15,400 battles

Hi

This my build for ZAO

PT EM AR DE SI CE AFT

I dont have her yet but trying to specialize my captain. but i thought EL is a valuable perk because of 14 sec reload time of her guns . any advice how to distribute the points?

[GURKA]
Players
5,192 posts
10,373 battles
17 hours ago, Atorpad said:

Hi

This my build for ZAO

PT EM AR DE SI CE AFT

I dont have her yet but trying to specialize my captain. but i thought EL is a valuable perk because of 14 sec reload time of her guns . any advice how to distribute the points?

I took it, it's good  for sneaking around, and when a cruiser lits up, showing her broadside, then you're able to react fast and give him a surprise attack. It's good especially for clan battles.

That's my build for random battles. http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1110000000000010000001100000010119

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,405 posts
4,189 battles

Ah yes, the dreaded spanish perk :etc_hide_turtle:

• Funny 1

[ARYA]
Players
596 posts
15,400 battles
12 hours ago, Pikkozoikum said:

I took it, it's good  for sneaking around, and when a cruiser lits up, showing her broadside, then you're able to react fast and give him a surprise attack. It's good especially for clan battles.

That's my build for random battles. http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1110000000000010000001100000010119

Nice . but how is turret traverse without EM?

[GURKA]
Players
5,192 posts
10,373 battles
3 hours ago, Atorpad said:

Nice . but how is turret traverse without EM?

Could be better like all japanese ships. I'm used to be "prepared" to an enemy. And in general enemy cruiser outdamage the Zao over time, it's more about the surprise attack. So when it comes to a 1on1 or something I generally try to escape or I'm already in a better position

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Players
4,501 posts
15,942 battles

Soo... aside from el perks, what are the skills to take for high tier IJN cruisers? I've started grinding this line a bit again and have an 8 skill captain on Myoko.... Not really any super skills for the line, aside for the obligatory CE. Vigilance for 3rd skill?

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
933 posts

Atm I got PT, EL, EM, SI, CE,AFT, AR and then JoAT.

Didn't pick DE cause I got no problem setting fires.

The EL completely transformed how I play her. I can now take more advantage of those juicy broadsides that pops up.

@loppantorkel: Do you tend to retrain your skills sometimes on your captains? If yes, IFHE and 155mm on Mogami and then u don't need it after that.

But I guess u already know that. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,501 posts
15,942 battles
12 minutes ago, siramra said:

Atm I got PT, EL, EM, SI, CE,AFT, AR and then JoAT.

Didn't pick DE cause I got no problem setting fires.

The EL completely transformed how I play her. I can now take more advantage of those juicy broadsides that pops up.

@loppantorkel: Do you tend to retrain your skills sometimes on your captains? If yes, IFHE and 155mm on Mogami and then u don't need it after that.

But I guess u already know that. :Smile_Default:

Good point. I guess I have to consider retraining... or I'll just train a separate captain for mogami if it's a fun ship.

I kind of doubt the value of SI and AFT. JoAT I have to check.. don't remember.. why is AFT good for 4 points?

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
933 posts
13 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Good point. I guess I have to consider retraining... or I'll just train a separate captain for mogami if it's a fun ship.

I kind of doubt the value of SI and AFT. JoAT I have to check.. don't remember.. why is AFT good for 4 points?

Well. I like to get my AA to touch out further. CVs for some reason like to target me in my Zao. Also have AA equipment. So I get a few plane kills that way. But it isn't mandatory or such thing. Just my flavour.

And her secondaries go out to 7,2km. There aren't that many of them. But they set fires.

SI is just for that extra heal....for my part. Lol

Regarding the Mogami. I love that ship. I rebought her and put a dedicated captain just for her. 15, 155mm guns are fun.

• Cool 1